Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 883
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    How do you edit the options on this menu?
    When you are in the power menu just hold the power button again for couple seconds and release and you will get the edit view. Tapping the line will toggle the show/hide state and then just backswipe when done.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    How do you edit the options on this menu?
    EDIT: Damn. The Man beat me to it.

    Do you mean like Sconix mentioned a couple of posts above/back?

    ...holding down the power button to get the power menu and then holding it again for couple seconds to get the configuration view. And when done configuring just backswipe to dismiss the menu.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes its not making a lot of sense how it works now. I hope its a bug and not that they removed the simple way to make gesture+tap. Or maybe its just now some different key in the event. If you find out more about this please let me know.
    I've posted about this on the Palm forum querying whether this is a bug or not. My guess is it's most definitely a bug. Hopefully, the Facebook app devs are jumping up and down about it internally and it'll get fixed soon. "Hopefully"
  4. #24  
    Nice patches by the way!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    I've posted about this on the Palm forum querying whether this is a bug or not. My guess is it's most definitely a bug. Hopefully, the Facebook app devs are jumping up and down about it internally and it'll get fixed soon. "Hopefully"
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Nice patches by the way!
    Thanks, and I hope its a bug as well, but for now to easily edit just orange+tap the menu areas. I just forgot that already since gesture+tap is just so much more handy than opening the keyboard.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #26  
    Looks like there's some CSS missing for the ringer switch in the Framework patch v2.0.0-2 in Preware. It doesn't display the icon, just a few pixels of padding.

    Missing CSS:
    Code:
    +#ringer {
    +	width: 20px;
    +	margin-left: 2px;
    +}

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Looks like there's some CSS missing for the ringer switch in the Framework patch v2.0.0-2 in Preware. It doesn't display the icon, just a few pixels of padding.

    Missing CSS:
    Code:
    +#ringer {
    +	width: 20px;
    +	margin-left: 2px;
    +}
    Thanks, not sure at what point I have deleted that piece of code. Will release fix for that, but for 2.0.1.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #28  
    I installed the Power Menu patch but it isn't working on my device. Now when I press the button to turn off the phone I hear the sound but nothing appears!
    Same with the Device Menu.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    I installed the Power Menu patch but it isn't working on my device. Now when I press the button to turn off the phone I hear the sound but nothing appears!
    Same with the Device Menu.
    As the patch info says you need to have the framework patch installed as well. Its not installed automatically since Preware does not support dependencies on update so updating the patches would be much more painful with the dependency.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #30  
    Sorry I didn't specify that I did install the framework 1st thing. I can only use the today patch. I also tried to uninstall and re-install those 2 patches but they still don't work.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    Sorry I didn't specify that I did install the framework 1st thing. I can only use the today patch. I also tried to uninstall and re-install those 2 patches but they still don't work.
    Then maybe you are using some other locale than en_us? The world versions are coming soon. If you are using the en_us then have you restarted your phone?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #32  
    You are right of course! I didn't think about it, sorry. My phone language is set to italian. Here is why they don't work!
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    You are right of course! I didn't think about it, sorry. My phone language is set to italian. Here is why they don't work!
    I try to get the world version out tonight.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #34  
    Thanks for your support and work.
  15.    #35  
    There will be new release tonight which has support for all locales supported by the world ready release. So no separate world version of the patches since it seems that currently all 2.0.0 doctors are wr versions. This release also fixes the ringer icon not showing bug.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. #36  
    Two things:
    Do you have any plans to update the 2.0.0 versions for us that is still on 2.0.0. My Pre won't update.

    Also, regarding the top bar icons; with the GPS, BT and non-connected Wifi on, the icons bump into the clock when the ringer switch is on. Even worse when roaming. Any plans to make which icons are displayed configurable?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Two things:
    Do you have any plans to update the 2.0.0 versions for us that is still on 2.0.0. My Pre won't update.

    Also, regarding the top bar icons; with the GPS, BT and non-connected Wifi on, the icons bump into the clock when the ringer switch is on. Even worse when roaming. Any plans to make which icons are displayed configurable?
    I don't have plans to release new 2.0.0 versions since the 2.0.1 update should be available for everyone and I don't have 2.0.0 in any device so I don't have means to test the patches before release. If you want to test 2.0.0 versions send me a private message and I'll send you url to the packages so you can test them and tell me if they install when I could release update for 2.0.0 as well.

    About the icons I have plans to somehow handle the situation where there is many icons, not sure how yet. Most likely I wont make it configurable, but let see what I come up with. At least I would like to combine the roaming indication with the data icon. Also I am thinking that is there a need to show the wifi icon when its not connected to anything. Its not like the data icon is there if its not connected.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. #38  
    I've downloaded the patches from the Preware feed and am testing them as we speak.

    Isn't the point of the wifi icon to tell the user that wifi is activated, even if not connected to anything? I'm sure some users will be upset if it is removed when not connected.

    Personally, I'd rather have the roaming icon combined with the RSSI icon. On the other hand, I think the data icon should be combined with the RSSI icon too...
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    I've downloaded the patches from the Preware feed and am testing them as we speak.

    Isn't the point of the wifi icon to tell the user that wifi is activated, even if not connected to anything? I'm sure some users will be upset if it is removed when not connected.

    Personally, I'd rather have the roaming icon combined with the RSSI icon. On the other hand, I think the data icon should be combined with the RSSI icon too...
    The versions from the feed will work they are tested, its just that the latest version is only for 2.0.1 since I have been able to verify that they work in device. So haven't released the latest for 2.0.0 since I can not test it.

    Well I know that the icons also tell that its activated, but not sure how important the information is. At least its not so important information for me. Anyway it might be for some so I am not yet sure what to do, will have to think different options.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The versions from the feed will work they are tested, its just that the latest version is only for 2.0.1 since I have been able to verify that they work in device. So haven't released the latest for 2.0.0 since I can not test it.
    I should have been more clear, sorry. What I meant was I downloaded the 2.0.1 version of the Framework patch from the Preware feed and edited the relevant bits. Actually I just symlinked some directories in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo[2]/submissions and installed the ipkg.

    Going to look at the other patches now. Also going to have a chat with Palm about the update. I have seen others with the same update problem as me. I'm not sure how widespread it, is so you might not need to worry about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I know that the icons also tell that its activated, but not sure how important the information is. At least its not so important information for me. Anyway it might be for some so I am not yet sure what to do, will have to think different options.
    I'm not that interested in the wifi icon when it's not connected either, but when I did the ringer switch patch I got requests for a version with an icon when the Ringer was ON. So some people like to have icons for everything. I'm just saying that there will be requests for the grayed out wifi icon if you remove it.

    For me, the GPS icon is not needed either. I never turn it off.

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions