Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi,

I just tested the new "Tweaks" feature for the battery status.
    When I select to display icon and percentage, I get this:

On my main phone, under webOS 1.4.5, I currently use a patch (named "Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal" by cwgtex) that displays the battery like this.

Wich I find much more comfortable to read

Would you consider adding such a view in the tweaks?
    That might be possible for Sconix to add, otherwise if that patch you used under 1.4.5 has been updated to work under webOS 2.1, then the patch author/maintainer could add the Tweaks support to the patch, then you could use it the way you wish.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    That might be possible for Sconix to add, otherwise if that patch you used under 1.4.5 has been updated to work under webOS 2.1, then the patch author/maintainer could add the Tweaks support to the patch, then you could use it the way you wish.
    Any idea on when the Tweaks documentation will be posted?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm working on putting it together for the wiki. Sorry it is taking me so long. I'll get to it eventually today, I just can't for get about my real job. Have to take care of things at work first!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If you are interested using tweaks in your patch (maybe even that weather patch then you can also contact me via email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com) so I can give you an example. And it might be that you need a support for text field (if I am guessing right) then I would need to add support for that and would like to know if this is the case. For now only toggle button, selector list and integer picker are supported, but I can add more on a when needed if not earlier.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    that option is in the tweaks.
    You can have either battery, battery plus %
    or just %.

Hi,

I just tested the new "Tweaks" feature for the battery status.
    When I select to display icon and percentage, I get this:

On my main phone, under webOS 1.4.5, I currently use a patch (named "Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal" by cwgtex) that displays the battery like this.

Wich I find much more comfortable to read

Would you consider adding such a view in the tweaks?
    - Skinneejay -
    Guys if I understand correctly I need pathces that are VZW since I am running a Sprint Pre with 2.1 is this correct?

Cause the other pathces without VZW are for GSM Pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Guys if I understand correctly I need pathces that are VZW since I am running a Sprint Pre with 2.1 is this correct?

Actually they are more for ROW Pre's because those Pre's have additional language files the VZW doctor does not have. Since a Sprint Pre is made with a ROW doctor file as its base, you use the non-VZW files.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    i thought none VZW are for GSM?
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post

If your speaking of the patches for the adv system menus, then just install the main patches. You wouldn't have to use the VZW versions for a Sprint Pre 2.1.

As for the adv sys prefs patches, that is another story. See the wiki for more info on installing them.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    that option is in the tweaks.
    You can have either battery, battery plus %
    or just %.
    Yes, I undestood that. It's the way it displays that bothers me.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  11.    #371  
    Yes, I undestood that. It's the way it displays that bothers me.
    I can not promise to include a version for everybodys likings, but what I can say is that this was just beginning. More tweaks coming and more options to existing ones. As long as the variation is sensible and wont need much code I will most likely add it at some point. But I have to get MS 2.0 out now before I get to add more stuff into my patches.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    i talking about advance system patches
    well just got this:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    57 24608 57 14023 0 0 10476 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 12322
    100 24608 100 24608 0 0 17201 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 20006
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":24, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":24 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":24 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":24 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":24 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":24 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    and got this:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    21 108k 21 24030 0 0 10511 0 0:00:10 0:00:02 0:00:08 18656
    100 108k 100 108k 0 0 34276 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 49582
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patch
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":21, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    29 47748 29 14035 0 0 19044 0 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0:00:02 26581
    100 47748 100 47748 0 0 37810 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 45387
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.lsdiff
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":22, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":22 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":22 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":22 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":22 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":22 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    22 24194 22 5467 0 0 7850 0 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0:00:03 14656
    100 24194 100 24194 0 0 24565 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 36546
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":23, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":23 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":23 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":23 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":23 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":23 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

I tried both patches VZW and NONE VZW got this and this is after full erase and ran the EPR
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you are interested using tweaks in your patch (maybe even that weather patch then you can also contact me via email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com) so I can give you an example. And it might be that you need a support for text field (if I am guessing right) then I would need to add support for that and would like to know if this is the case. For now only toggle button, selector list and integer picker are supported, but I can add more on a when needed if not earlier.
    A text field would be nice for patches that need a specific number or string.

And yes, I'll try to get my weather widget compatible with Tweaks and your Advanced patches. Just gotta try to work around your Framework patch.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I can not promise to include a version for everybodys likings, but what I can say is that this was just beginning. More tweaks coming and more options to existing ones. As long as the variation is sensible and wont need much code I will most likely add it at some point. But I have to get MS 2.0 out now before I get to add more stuff into my patches.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Yes, bring MS 2.0 out!
    And I maintain my offer to work on tranlations.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I'm working on putting it together for the wiki. Sorry it is taking me so long. I'll get to it eventually today, I just can't for get about my real job. Have to take care of things at work first!
    WHAT?!? You mean you consider paying work to be more important that your responsibilities to the webOS community?

Just kidding!! It's amazing what you & the rest of the team manage to crank out in your "free" time. I can't believe how much you all DO get out the door! The passion and commitment you all provide to the webOS community is fantastic! It's greatly appreciated!
    regarding the tweaks ability of the framework patch - is it possible to use the battery icon option to be able to install custom battery icons? I.e. An "add icon patch" option that allowed you to download and toggle a patch from a link/folder because I am quite frustrated that I am unable to install my favourite circle battery patch
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    regarding the tweaks ability of the framework patch - is it possible to use the battery icon option to be able to install custom battery icons? I.e. An "add icon patch" option that allowed you to download and toggle a patch from a link/folder because I am quite frustrated that I am unable to install my favourite circle battery patch
    well patch devs would need to or can make their patches work with the advanced ones and/or add tweaks support to their patches.

I don't think every option under the sun will be added to the advanced patches. At least not right now from what I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    WHAT?!? You mean you consider paying work to be more important that your responsibilities to the webOS community?

Just kidding!! It's amazing what you & the rest of the team manage to crank out in your "free" time. I can't believe how much you all DO get out the door! The passion and commitment you all provide to the webOS community is fantastic! It's greatly appreciated!
    Thanks. I'll hit up that thanks button when I get on the non mobile site.