Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Howdy. I'm on a sprint pre plus and have ASM Framework 2.1.0-42 installed, but when I attempt to install -59 I get this very nondescript error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1

1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.red

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.
    delete rotated battery icon patch
    d'oh. I knewthat was getting added in. Or should have. Thanks for the quick reply. Worked like a charm.

p.s. I guess it wasn't as nondescript as I thought...
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 04/10/2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    Is this feature added in today's update? If so where can I find it?
    support was added for that feature. Details for utilizing it will be made public soon.
    I just updated to -59 and am having a compatibility issue with a battery percent patch. The patch is not in preware for 2.1, but someone in that thread (mamouton i think) made a version which was compatible with ASM.

I also tried installing Battery Percent As Icon 2.1.0-11 from preware, no luck.
    The error i get is this:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    45 12354 45 5547 0 0 1155 0 0:00:10 0:00:04 0:00:06 1460
    100 12354 100 12354 0 0 2529 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 3182
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon.postinst 2>&1
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Also, i've attached the patch that used to work (it's not in preware).

Update: Just saw this post: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2933676. I'll hope for public details sooner than later...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 04/10/2011 at 01:10 PM.
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I just updated to -59 and am having a compatibility issue with a battery percent patch. The patch is not in preware for 2.1, but someone in that thread (mamouton i think) made a version which was compatible with ASM.

I also tried installing Battery Percent As Icon 2.1.0-11 from preware, no luck.
    The error i get is this:

Also, i've attached the patch that used to work (it's not in preware).

Update: Just saw this post: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2933676. I'll hope for public details sooner than later...
    Yes that patch is included in this release, its a delayed feature that activates tomorrow
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    Is this feature added in today's update? If so where can I find it?
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-void View Post
    where can I find this option?
    The added features are delayed feature Details follows tomorrow...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Oooo how exciting.
    Oh man I hate waiting! LOL. I'm already waiting on the dallas stars vs Minn Wild game tonight. Damn Hawks couldn't beat the redwings again. Great job.
    - Skinneejay -
    where can I find this option?
    Me too

until tomorrow...?
    Hi,
    I downloaded the new update.
    But where can I find the option in the battery icon in percent?
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Hi,
    I downloaded the new update.
    But where can I find the option in the battery icon in percent?
    The delayed or shall I say hidden features should be revealed within ~4 hours in precentral article
    The delayed or shall I say hidden features should be revealed within ~4 hours in precentral article
    Ok, then I wait a bit ....
    Is that exciting ... :-)
    I've already installed all the advanced patches without any problem on my legacy pre-, but after switching to legacy pre+ (2.1) they just won't install anymore. I've already tried EPR several times, but still it seems as there is something left that prevents the advanced patches form installing. Here's the log:

begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    57 24608 57 14225 0 0 15420 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 20408
    100 24608 100 24608 0 0 21371 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 26574
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es/strings.json.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

Do I have to doctor?

Thanks
    I already had webOS 2.1 and "Advanced System Menus - Framework" installed on my Sprint Pre (Minus), and it was working fine. This morning Preware shows a v2.1.0-61 update for it, but when I hit update it fails. See below:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej

When I look to get the contents of the /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej file, the file itself is not present on the device. Checked with webOSQuickInstall and Internals Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    I already had webOS 2.1 and "Advanced System Menus - Framework" installed on my Sprint Pre (Minus), and it was working fine. This morning Preware shows a v2.1.0-61 update for it, but when I hit update it fails. See below:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej

When I look to get the contents of the /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej file, the file itself is not present on the device. Checked with webOSQuickInstall and Internals Pro.
    Remove any patches that are for the top bar (e.g. rotated battery icon patches, etc...)

It's been covered the in the past number of posts.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post

begin
    Nothing Interesting.

failed

OMG! delete rotated battery icon!!!!!
    or other battery level patches!!!!!
    btw it's -62, not -61

p.s. 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej

it means that bar-scene.html is not the default one. *.html files represent the scene itself (everything you SEE/CAN SEE on the top bar), so if it was edited then it means you HAVE something ON THE TOP BAR that ISN'T default! (battery icon value) so framework can't be installed.
    OMG! delete rotated battery icon!!!!!
    or other battery level patches!!!!!
    btw it's -62, not -61

p.s. 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej

it means that bar-scene.html is not the default one. *.html files represent the scene itself (everything you SEE/CAN SEE on the top bar), so if it was edited then it means you HAVE something ON THE TOP BAR that ISN'T default! (battery icon value) so framework can't be installed.
    Great! Removed the battery patch I had, and it worked this time. Had I been able to see the reject file, I would have figured it out. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Oh, now I get what you were pointing out by mentioning the HTML file. "DOH!" (slaps self on head). Thanks again!
    When I try to install the Advance System Menus-Framwork I get these errors:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    97 24608 97 24019 0 0 11176 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 15657
    100 24608 100 24608 0 0 11245 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 15643
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    Install
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Please Help and I have no other patch installed except for the Advance System Behavior Patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    When I try to install the Advance System Menus-Framwork I get these errors:......
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Please Help and I have no other patch installed except for the Advance System Behavior Patch.
    Well the reject error in the log would suggest that you had other patches installed at one point, in particular, a patch dealing with the screen & lock app. Something with screen timeouts perhaps?

Otherwise, do an EPR and start with the framework patch first, then go from there.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just tested the new "Tweaks" feature for the battery status.
    When I select to display icon and percentage, I get this:

On my main phone, under webOS 1.4.5, I currently use a patch (named "Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal" by cwgtex) that displays the battery like this.

Wich I find much more comfortable to read

Would you consider adding such a view in the tweaks?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.