Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 883
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #321  
    if the weather temp only pings weather.com every 30mins for an update it should be very very small. If you were to ping weather.com every 1 min then that's a different story.
    - Skinneejay -
  2. #322  
    Hi sconix

    I tried EPR, and then did a rest of my complete palm...but still got this fault if i try to install the adv sys menu framework on my virgin pre2 (after the reset)

    1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1

    but it worked with the version 2.1.0-20 (before 18.03.11)

    I checked the folder /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info but couldn't find any hints of an old installation.

    any more ideas to make it work again?
  3. #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    if the weather temp only pings weather.com every 30mins for an update it should be very very small. If you were to ping weather.com every 1 min then that's a different story.
    The other thing to think about is what service to use when polling the weather. Would that have to be customizable? Possibly due to users being from all around the world.

    Garrett's patch I think pulls from Yahoo. There is weather.com, accuweather, wunderground, etc... not sure on accuracy of those sites, APIs available for use, etc...

    It seems a lot of the weather apps for webOS use many different sources.

    The other part is the weather is tied to one location. Would that be able to be changed based on location or a way to quick input a zip or other data instead of needing to use GPS...

    I think it is all very interesting and depending on how it is setup, I'd be all for something like this, especially if you could have a way to say put it in the middle where Sconix's today menu is, but still give access to the today menu or by doing something different to access a "weather" menu that shows more locations... Something method for showing the today menu one way and a weather menu another way.

    Maybe an app is the best place for it then. Maybe there could be a front end app that controls the menus or something.... that would be awesome!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Actually I have had showing weather on top bar on my todo list quite long time now and I saw this today and I must say I am interested of integrating it to my patch. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how, I mean I want to make it possible for user to decide is time/date/weather etc shown in the top bar, but I would like to use the center part of the bar in some clever way which I haven't yet figured out
    I really like Garrett's weather patch, and I would love for the two of you to work together to either integrate your patches, or at least resolve conflicts.

    I had an idea for the center of the top bar that I mentioned to Garrett today, and I believe he is already working on it. It was for a two line stacked display of Date and Time, like his stacked cpu temp and batt percent top bar patch. Something like this:

    Wed Apr 2 2011
    2:24 pm

    centered in the middle of the top bar.
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmund View Post
    Hi sconix

    I tried EPR, and then did a rest of my complete palm...but still got this fault if i try to install the adv sys menu framework on my virgin pre2 (after the reset)

    1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1

    but it worked with the version 2.1.0-20 (before 18.03.11)

    I checked the folder /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info but couldn't find any hints of an old installation.

    any more ideas to make it work again?
    If you mean the reset functionality in the phone it wont restore any system files, only configuration. And your problem is files that are not in original state (patch package has been uninstalled, but the patch is still applied i.e. modified files exists in the system). Which EPR should fix in every situation unless the backup files were deleted or something odd has happened since nothing should delete those backup files. So if EPR wont restore your files then you have to do it manually. There was/is a handy tool for that called WebOS repair utility which was able to do that automatically but as long as I know it does not work for WebOS 2.x yet.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The device menu supports setting the voice roaming to roam only, see the wiki.
    I looked at the wiki and saw it read:

    "Network

    Automatic: [Carrier Only | Roam Only | Automatic]
    This setting has been modified to include the Roam Only option. This setting determines whether or not your device will stay on only your carrier’s voice network, only roaming, or automatic in which it will connect to the best available network. "

    But my menu does not have those options, as shown in the pic. No matter what option I press it stays in Auto. Am I doing something wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I looked at the wiki and saw it read:

    "Network

    Automatic: [Carrier Only | Roam Only | Automatic]
    This setting has been modified to include the Roam Only option. This setting determines whether or not your device will stay on only your carrier’s voice network, only roaming, or automatic in which it will connect to the best available network. "

    But my menu does not have those options, as shown in the pic. No matter what option I press it stays in Auto. Am I doing something wrong?
    What wiki page you reading? The Advanced System Menus wiki page doesn't have a section like you posted above.

    You must be looking at the Advanced Configurations wiki page. In which case...

    a) you posted to the wrong thread. you need this one.
    b) those patches are for 1.4.5
    c) that is not a system menu patch. that part you noted about the wiki is from the phone app's preferences/settings.

    If you are looking for the forced roaming or roaming enabled settings for webOS 2.1 and the device menu patch, they are there. Check the wiki for the Advanced System Menus 2x wiki page.

    Are you referring to the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    What wiki page you reading? The Advanced System Menus wiki page doesn't have a section like you posted above.

    You must be looking at the Advanced Configurations wiki page. In which case...

    a) you posted to the wrong thread. you need this one.
    b) those patches are for 1.4.5
    c) that is not a system menu patch. that part you noted about the wiki is from the phone app's preferences/settings.

    If you are looking for the forced roaming or roaming enabled settings for webOS 2.1 and the device menu patch, they are there. Check the wiki for the Advanced System Menus 2x wiki page.

    Are you referring to the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences
    Looks like I was looking for this:

    "Option + Tap the Roaming Enabled setting under the Phone submenu will toggle Forced Roaming on/off. "

    Thanks.
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Looks like I was looking for this:

    "Option + Tap the Roaming Enabled setting under the Phone submenu will toggle Forced Roaming on/off. "

    Thanks.
    Yep. That's it.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10. #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The other thing to think about is what service to use when polling the weather. Would that have to be customizable? Possibly due to users being from all around the world.

    Garrett's patch I think pulls from Yahoo. There is weather.com, accuweather, wunderground, etc... not sure on accuracy of those sites, APIs available for use, etc...

    It seems a lot of the weather apps for webOS use many different sources.

    The other part is the weather is tied to one location. Would that be able to be changed based on location or a way to quick input a zip or other data instead of needing to use GPS...

    I think it is all very interesting and depending on how it is setup, I'd be all for something like this, especially if you could have a way to say put it in the middle where Sconix's today menu is, but still give access to the today menu or by doing something different to access a "weather" menu that shows more locations... Something method for showing the today menu one way and a weather menu another way.

    Maybe an app is the best place for it then. Maybe there could be a front end app that controls the menus or something.... that would be awesome!
    Maybe this is a silly suggestion, but can't you enable the weather calendar in Google calendar & then the local weather automatically shows up in Calendar app. I can't test this since I have 2.0.1, but if I remember right, this worked on my Pre Plus with the old version of this patch.
  11. #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Maybe this is a silly suggestion, but can't you enable the weather calendar in Google calendar & then the local weather automatically shows up in Calendar app. I can't test this since I have 2.0.1, but if I remember right, this worked on my Pre Plus with the old version of this patch.
    The today menu will show the temp if you have the weather setup in Google calendar. Probably not as robust as some would like, hence why I think people really like Garrett's weather in top bar patch.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12. #332  
    Hi Sconix

    or would it help to reinstall an old patch version manualy?
    where could i download it?
  13.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmund View Post
    Hi Sconix

    or would it help to reinstall an old patch version manualy?
    where could i download it?
    No it would not help, the same problem exists you have modified files that patch cannot apply.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Small teaser about what will be possible most likely after this weekends updates to the patches

    Screenshot
    Sounds good!
    Will this include the ability to show battery percent beside of the icon?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Sounds good!
    Will this include the ability to show battery percent beside of the icon?
    Well I can say that there is more than just an icon or percentage selection choices In the future maybe more than in the next release...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16.    #336  
    With the upcoming updated today menu it should finally work for everyone, meaning that all events will now show up correctly (or at least in the same way than in the calendar app).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. #337  
    Practically every time I wonder, "Hmm, does this patch do this?", I come here and find out, Yep, it does. I need Forced Roaming and Media Volume in the device menu, so happy to see it is there with a couple of taps. Thank you, sconix.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  18. cvendra's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Small teaser about what will be possible most likely after this weekends updates to the patches

    Screenshot
    Is this feature added in today's update? If so where can I find it?
  19. #339  
    Advanced System Menus - Framework: Added support for configuring battery icon to have percentage value
    where can I find this option?
  20. #340  
    Howdy. I'm on a sprint pre plus and have ASM Framework 2.1.0-42 installed, but when I attempt to install -59 I get this very nondescript error:



    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1

    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.red


    Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Posting Permissions