Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    cheers, would it be easiest to do a Full Erase from the Device Info menu?
    Never used those options, but I guess full erase only deletes configuration, which is what you don't want since what you need is to restore system files not configuration. Doctoring restores all system files into their original state. Not sure if there's a thread or info somewhere how to manually restore file from doctor, its the most "easiest" way, but takes time since you need to learn how to do it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    hmm, ok I am now going via palm.com/rom and using WebOS Doctor to restore all the system files....
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin
    Hey, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread or not, but could you add a device temperature option to the top bar? Garrett just made a patch HERE (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-stats.html), but it doesn't seem to play nice with yours..
    Sorry wesleymarin. I was moving your post from the behavior thread to this thread and I must have deleted it instead of moving it. I've quoted your post above so that your post is seen.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    Hey, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread or not, but could you add a device temperature option to the top bar? Garrett just made a patch HERE (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-stats.html), but it doesn't seem to play nice with yours.
    I am mostly interested of "normal" user needs and device temperature isn't (imho) nothing that user should be aware of, or at least needs to be aware of. The system should ensure that device works without user needing to worry about it. So for those reason I wont be adding such things so someone else has to do compatible patch etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am mostly interested of "normal" user needs and device temperature isn't (imho) nothing that user should be aware of, or at least needs to be aware of. The system should ensure that device works without user needing to worry about it. So for those reason I wont be adding such things so someone else has to do compatible patch etc.
    Hi Sconix. Further to this, have you chatted with Garrett about the incompatibility of his latest cpu temp/batt % top bar patch with your Advanced patches? I don't understand why every other top bar batt patch I have tried works with your advanced patches, but Garrett's does not.

I agree with your position for not wanting to include Garrett's work into your patch, but it would be great if between the two of you you could them them living nicely together.

(BTW, thanks for ALL of your contributions to the community!)
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Hi Sconix. Further to this, have you chatted with Garrett about the incompatibility of his latest cpu temp/batt % top bar patch with your Advanced patches? I don't understand why every other top bar batt patch I have tried works with your advanced patches, but Garrett's does not.

I agree with your position for not wanting to include Garrett's work into your patch, but it would be great if between the two of you you could them them living nicely together.

(BTW, thanks for ALL of your contributions to the community!)
    Well my thinking is that my patch is bigger (much bigger) so if I try to make the patch compatible with some other patch then most likely it will become incompatible with some other patch (tried this at some point). So unfortunately its up to the authors of those individual patch makers to make their patch compatible if they want. I am glad to help of course but not sure how I could, since the patches are viewable by all so anybody that knows how to make a patch can see how to make compatible patch / if its possible. So I don't see how I could help with these requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well my thinking is that my patch is bigger (much bigger) so if I try to make the patch compatible with some other patch then most likely it will become incompatible with some other patch (tried this at some point). So unfortunately its up to the authors of those individual patch makers to make their patch compatible if they want. I am glad to help of course but not sure how I could, since the patches are viewable by all so anybody that knows how to make a patch can see how to make compatible patch / if its possible. So I don't see how I could help with these requests.
    Gotcha. Makes sense.
  8.    #308  
    Small teaser about what will be possible most likely after this weekends updates to the patches

Screenshot
    I love options, NICE
    Hi after installing your adv system behavior my Pre2 won't work anmore properly.
    the deinstalltion wasn't sucessfull!

Before I had adv menu framwork, ,adv device menu, and today menu working well.

So ERP: but still cant install adv system menu framework anymore.

any hints?

1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/367/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json.rej
    I tred to install with Dev mode on and off.

which one should it be?
    Sconix,
    Did I miss a change to one of your patches. I could have swarn that when I had the messaging app open I could swipe down anywhere you could get the message app drop down. Now it seems that doesn't work anymore. Did you change it back?
    - Skinneejay -
    Hi Sconix

I tried to remmber why your patches don't work anymore:
    so after returning from my vaccation there where al lnew updates.

wher can I get the older version which where working properly ony my palmpre2

regards bernd
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmund View Post
    Hi Sconix

I tried to remmber why your patches don't work anymore:
    so after returning from my vaccation there where al lnew updates.

wher can I get the older version which where working properly ony my palmpre2

regards bernd
    The latest are the ones that work. If you have installation problems its not the patches fault. All patches are packaged the same. From the error you send it looks like the patch is still installed so there is something wrong in your system.
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Sconix,
    Did I miss a change to one of your patches. I could have swarn that when I had the messaging app open I could swipe down anywhere you could get the message app drop down. Now it seems that doesn't work anymore. Did you change it back?
    I am not sure if I understand what you mean. I am not aware of any swipe down action.
    Nevermind Sconix. I'm an *****
    I missed this in the Wiki at the bottom

Advanced System Menus - App Menu
    Accessing The Menu:
    Tap or Swipe down anywhere along the top of the screen/top bar (when an app is in focus).
    Using The Menu:

Tap the application menu provides you with the default options, preferences, help, etc... available for the app you have open (in focus, not card

Configuring The Menu:

Tap + Hold the application menu to toggle the width of the menu between full width (across the top bar) and normal width.
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Nevermind Sconix. I'm an *****
    I missed this in the Wiki at the bottom

Advanced System Menus - App Menu
    Accessing The Menu:
    Tap or Swipe down anywhere along the top of the screen/top bar (when an app is in focus).
    Using The Menu:

Tap the application menu provides you with the default options, preferences, help, etc... available for the app you have open (in focus, not card

Configuring The Menu:

Tap + Hold the application menu to toggle the width of the menu between full width (across the top bar) and normal width.
    Thanks for clarifying... I think you had a few of us confused!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I want to put a vote in for the mode menu to be compatible with

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...er-widget.html

You said you wanted to focus on day to day options and i think quick glance weather is a day to day use and looks great. But unfortunately it doesn't play well with your patches. So if you could either make something similar, mix it in with yours (giving credit to him of course for his work), or work with him to make that work that would be great

Dont know why my link isnt working?
    forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/280075-patch-statusbar-weather-widget.html
  19.    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    I want to put a vote in for the mode menu to be compatible with

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...er-widget.html

You said you wanted to focus on day to day options and i think quick glance weather is a day to day use and looks great. But unfortunately it doesn't play well with your patches. So if you could either make something similar, mix it in with yours (giving credit to him of course for his work), or work with him to make that work that would be great

Dont know why my link isnt working?
    forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/280075-patch-statusbar-weather-widget.html
    Actually I have had showing weather on top bar on my todo list quite long time now and I saw this today and I must say I am interested of integrating it to my patch. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how, I mean I want to make it possible for user to decide is time/date/weather etc shown in the top bar, but I would like to use the center part of the bar in some clever way which I haven't yet figured out
    Wont the weather widget drain more battery?