Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I hope this is the correct thread. I notice when enabling the gps icon for Sprint Nav or Google Maps that it turns on and off per the patch created to enable gps but you have to briefly tap the top bar to update the status and turn icon on or off.
    It has always had a small lag when the icon should be on or off.
    Thanks I never noticed that before I usually use mode switcher to turn gps on and off so it just went unnoticed until today when I was testing a Navigation Megamix patch I created.
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks I never noticed that before I usually use mode switcher to turn gps on and off so it just went unnoticed until today when I was testing a Navigation Megamix patch I created.
    Yes, the icon follows MS mode changes better than the menu changes. I plan to modify this a bit so that the menu changes are also followed right a way. But changes made by other apps can't be followed without delay.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    The today menu enhancement is fantastic!

I know it's been mentioned by others, but +1 to make ringer icon display configurable. I always use vibrate mode, and it's causing icons to overlap with date for "Add Date MM DD" patch. ...and perhaps integrate the date patch while you're at it, thanks!
    Palm V -> Vx -> m505 -> TT -> Treo 650 -> 700p -> 755p -> Pre -> Pre 2
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have a problem with the today menu patch. It just won`t work anymore. I did an EPR to remove all patches, did a reboot and installed only the advances patches. It installs (on a EU PRE2 btw.) without complaints. Devicemenu works perfect. I can open the settings for today menu and change settings.

BUT the menu cant`t be opened. Currently I have only these patches installed:

-ADV System Menus (Framework, App, Device, Power, Today)
    -ADV System Prefs (Framework, Email, System)

Any hint?

Thanks, Marcel
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi,

I have a problem with the today menu patch. It just won`t work anymore. I did an EPR to remove all patches, did a reboot and installed only the advances patches. It installs (on a EU PRE2 btw.) without complaints. Devicemenu works perfect. I can open the settings for today menu and change settings.

BUT the menu cant`t be opened. Currently I have only these patches installed:

-ADV System Menus (Framework, App, Device, Power, Today)
    -ADV System Prefs (Framework, Email, System)

Any hint?

Thanks, Marcel
    You can try to open the menu and right after send me the /var/log/messages file (you can retrieve it for example with internalz) to my email scorpio.iix at gmail.com. Then I can see why its not opening for you.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix,

I also can`t install phone prefs patch and I can`t even send mails anymore. Tried it with 3 accounts with validated settings. -> My Pre 2 will have to go to the doctor now If that doesn`t help, I`ll contact you!

Thanks

Marcel
  8.    #288  
    Hi Sconix,

I also can`t install phone prefs patch and I can`t even send mails anymore. Tried it with 3 accounts with validated settings. -> My Pre 2 will have to go to the doctor now If that doesn`t help, I`ll contact you!

Thanks

Marcel
    Not sure why you go to doctor, if its the patches then EPR is always enough. Patches can't harm the system i.e. cause visit to the doctor unless some kind of freaking accident of something weird happening on the install. Not saying that with those problems you have that the doctoring isn't a good option...
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I tried EPR several times! Advanced phone prefs didn`t install anymore, today menu didn`t work and Wifi always went to sleep mode (even with sleep mode disabled). Thus I did doctor 30 min ago. webos Repair Utility isn`t 2.1 ready yet.
  10.    #290  
    I tried EPR several times! Advanced phone prefs didn`t install anymore, today menu didn`t work and Wifi always went to sleep mode (even with sleep mode disabled). Thus I did doctor 30 min ago. webos Repair Utility isn`t 2.1 ready yet.
    Weird, the backup files should always be there, not sure what can delete them and cause EPR to "fail". I have had to EPR once or twice and never doctor even though I install patches almost daily basis, so thats why I am always wondering where the problems come for the users. Long time a go (even before 1.4.5 was released) when I was still using WOSQI I had often problems but never with Preware.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    After installing the Advanced System Framework and patches, my phone application no longer seems to funtion correctly. I can get to voicemail by holding the number 1 key and that is about it. I type in a number to call and hit the green phone "dial key" and nothing happens. The phone does not even display anything when someone calls. I just get a notification that a call was missed. Tried restarting phone and was no help.

I am using an unlocked Pre2

Any ideas?

After removal of advanced system pacthes/menus...all is well again
    Last edited by gdinger; 04/04/2011 at 05:16 AM. Reason: additional information added
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by gdinger View Post
    After installing the Advanced System Framework and patches, my phone application no longer seems to funtion correctly. I can get to voicemail by holding the number 1 key and that is about it. I type in a number to call and hit the green phone "dial key" and nothing happens. The phone does not even display anything when someone calls. I just get a notification that a call was missed. Tried restarting phone and was no help.

I am using an unlocked Pre2

Any ideas?

After removal of advanced system pacthes/menus...all is well again
    Are you sure you had advanced system prefs framework installed (all advanced system prefs patches need that one). And in turn all advanced system menus patches need the advanced system menus framework. Many have missed the prefs framework and mixed it up with the menus one...
    Hey, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread or not, but could you add a device temperature option to the top bar? Garrett just made a patch HERE, but it doesn't seem to play nice with yours..
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have a strange issue, I have installed ASM - Framework, Power and Device menus, however inside Preware Device doesn't show up as installed, however it is there and working!

I noticed that v2.1.0-52 was out for ASM - Device menu, so I tried to install and get an error log below:

Now I can't remove the old version as Preware doesn't show it as installed!

I'm fairly new to WebOS and not sure how to proceed, any ideas?

begin

Nothing Interesting.

download

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current

5 23842 5 1195 0 0 3243 0 0:00:07 --:--:-- 0:00:07 6322

100 23842 100 23842 0 0 31960 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 42123

identify

org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu

install

{"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}

{ "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }

{ "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }

{ "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }

{ "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

{ "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

mkdir-prerm

Nothing Interesting.

install-prerm

Nothing Interesting.

postinst

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.postinst 2>&1

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

21 out of 21 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Apply anyway? [n]

5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/index.html.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/strings.json.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/en/gb/strings.json.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/es/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/es/strings.json.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/strings.json.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/strings.json.rej

remove

Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu from root...

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.prerm)

delete

Nothing Interesting.

failed

Nothing Interesting.
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    I have a strange issue, I have installed ASM - Framework, Power and Device menus, however inside Preware Device doesn't show up as installed, however it is there and working!

I noticed that v2.1.0-52 was out for ASM - Device menu, so I tried to install and get an error log below:

Now I can't remove the old version as Preware doesn't show it as installed!

I'm fairly new to WebOS and not sure how to proceed, any ideas?
    Something has "damaged" the package database. There is a utility for repairing it in the Preware called ERU (emergency reconstruction utility). That should make the patch seen as installed by Preware. If not then you need to remove all patches with EPR (emergency patch recovery) utility and start from fresh.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Something has "damaged" the package database. There is a utility for repairing it in the Preware called ERU (emergency reconstruction utility). That should make the patch seen as installed by Preware. If not then you need to remove all patches with EPR (emergency patch recovery) utility and start from fresh.
    Ok thanks, I have installed ERU then chosen update feeds from preware, which resulted in some packages now showing up, but not the ASM ones!

So I installed EPR, but cannot find anyway to run it? Preware is still showing 26 installed packages, but no ASM ones!
  17.    #297  
    Ok thanks, I have installed ERU then chosen update feeds from preware, which resulted in some packages now showing up, but not the ASM ones!

So I installed EPR, but cannot find anyway to run it? Preware is still showing 26 installed packages, but no ASM ones!
    You don't need to run EPR, when it installs it removes all patches and restores files modified by patches. So after installing EPR you can start install patches back.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    First off thanks for your help so far. Ok, I've installed EPR, then tried to install ASM - Framework, which fails to install, with this as the log. I have no idea what to try next, short of a full system reset ??

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 22146 100 22146 0 0 28612 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38447
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  19.    #299  
    First off thanks for your help so far. Ok, I've installed EPR, then tried to install ASM - Framework, which fails to install, with this as the log. I have no idea what to try next, short of a full system reset ??

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 22146 100 22146 0 0 28612 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38447
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Something has happened for your system maybe crash or battery pull while phone was still on...

So for some reason the backup file for that file has been deleted and EPR did not restore that file (etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf). So you need to restore it manually. For that you need to seek help from the forums, there are many ways to do that. Sadly the easiest webos repair utility is not yet updated for WebOS 2.1.

Or then doctor the device which is always the last resort, but recovering file manually without the help of repair utility is a bit of a task if you are not familiar with linux etc.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    cheers, would it be easiest to do a Full Erase from the Device Info menu?