Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 883
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by jskuyper View Post
    Get an error with that one as well... see attachment
    I ran ERP, then tried legacy framework again and it was successful, will test out to see if ringtones and stuff still work
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by jskuyper View Post
    I ran ERP, then tried legacy framework again and it was successful, will test out to see if ringtones and stuff still work
    When receiving a call from a known contact, it starts off with the ringtone, then switches to the alert sound midway through and sometimes just vibrates, sometimes it does not use the default ringtone, just the alert sound

    not able to use the device menu,when i click top left no drop down box
    Last edited by jskuyper; 03/22/2011 at 10:05 AM.
  3. #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by jskuyper View Post
    When receiving a call from a known contact, it starts off with the ringtone, then switches to the alert sound midway through and sometimes just vibrates, sometimes it does not use the default ringtone, just the alert sound

    not able to use the device menu,when i click top left no drop down box

    not able to configure messaging notifcations, go to messaging, preferances, choose account, no options except to prepend fwd, greeting and signature
    Please be sure you are posting to the correct threads. Part of your post relates to the Advanced System Preferences patches and the other to the Advanced System Menus patches.

    The only part of your post that relates to this thread (advanced system menus) is the device menu not working. On that note, you said when you click "top left no drop down box". The device menu is not on the top left of the top bar. It is on the top right side. However, I think your problem might be that you don't have the framework patch installed for the Advanced System Menus patches.

    There is a framework patch for the advanced system menus patches required for them to work and there is a framework patch for the advanced system preferences patches to work. If you're using both types of patches, you need both framework patches.

    There is a wiki link in each OP of both the threads. The wiki outlines how to install, setup and use the patches. Check that out.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/22/2011 at 10:15 AM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Please be sure you are posting to the correct threads. Part of your post relates to the Advanced System Preferences patches and the other to the Advanced System Menus patches.

    The only part of your post that relates to this thread (advanced system menus) is the device menu not working. On that note, you said when you click "top left no drop down box". The device menu is not on the top left of the top bar. It is on the top right side. However, I think your problem might be that you don't have the framework patch installed for the Advanced System Menus patches.

    There is a framework patch for the advanced system menus patches required for them to work and there is a framework patch for the advanced system preferences patches to work. If you're using both types of patches, you need both framework patches.

    There is a wiki link in each OP of both the threads. The wiki outlines how to install, setup and use the patches. Check that out.
    My fault, i did mean top right, when i click there I get nothing to drop down, I have the frameworks installed - legacy as i have a sprint pre -

    you were right though i only had the system prefs framework and not the system menu framework installed... thanks for the help... i will post my issues in the other formum
    Last edited by jskuyper; 03/22/2011 at 10:40 AM.
  5. #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by jskuyper View Post
    My fault, i did mean top right, when i click there I get nothing to drop down, I have the frameworks installed - legacy as i have a sprint pre -

    you were right though i only had the system prefs framework and not the system menu framework installed... thanks for the help... i will post my issues in the other formum
    Ok. So once or now that you have the framework patch for the Advanced System Menus installed, reboot your device and see if the device menu works now. (A full reboot, not luna restart is required for the device and power menus to work properly.)

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6. #266  
    Have the same problem, also after deinstalling all "top Bar" patches. Its running a webos 2.1 on a normal palm pre (pre-). May that's it ?
    Anyone expiriences with it ?

    regards
    funki
  7.    #267  
    I will release refreshed versions later today. Main change is that now all languages provided by WebOS WR version are supported. Also small feature addition, now app menu is configurable as well. Well the width part at least. So tap-n-hold to app menu will toggle between fullwidth and the normal width. This way if you happen to need to use device menu a lot when app active you can do that easily.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. #268  
    Hey Sconix. I just tried to update your Advanced system Menu Framework and I'm getting the following IPKG error. Everything else updated fine.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 30 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    ::Looks like I can't even remove this patch via preware. Any ideas? Should I run an EPR?:::::
    - Skinneejay -
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Hey Sconix. I just tried to update your Advanced system Menu Framework and I'm getting the following IPKG error. Everything else updated fine.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 30 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    ::Looks like I can't even remove this patch via preware. Any ideas? Should I run an EPR?:::::
    Remove any patch that modifies the battery icon/percent in the top bar. I had modified a version of the rotated 270 and percent patch that was working with the previous framework patch and now with this update it didn't.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10. #270  
    let me try that right now. Was a battery icon/precent added to one of the menus? If not which one are you using now?
    - Skinneejay -
  11. #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Was a battery icon/precent added to one of the menus? If not which one are you using now?
    No. Something minor must have been changed in the updated framework patch that made that battery patch not work any longer. I spoke with Sconix about it. He said that it should have never worked in the first place, but it was....

    The modified version of that battery patch was corrected and works now. I'll update this post with the thread link where I've uploaded the patch to begin with. That post in the other thread will have the updated version that appears to work now.

    Edit: The update patch variation can be found here.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/23/2011 at 09:07 PM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12. #272  
    You rock! You're my personal hero! lol Do you and Sconix work together on patches or how does that work? I always see you in the threads answering for him. Plus you have all of the Wikis in your sig. Thanks again for your speedy help.
    - Skinneejay -
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    You rock! You're my personal hero! lol Do you and Sconix work together on patches or how does that work? I always see you in the threads answering for him. Plus you have all of the Wikis in your sig. Thanks again for your speedy help.
    Ah.. Thanks?!

    Sconix is the mad coding genius and all around great guy behind all of these patches and his Mode Switcher app. He is the one that should get all the praise and even donations (see the OPs of any of his patch/MS threads).

    I am merely a very big fan of his work and I guess at this point almost like a PRPRPR $manager$ $for$ $him$/$his$ $work$.

    Since I can't always donate money to him, I donate my time and help Sconix out any way that I can. I authored and maintain all of his wiki pages, help moderate his sub-forum here on P|C, alpha/beta test, and even send out tweets on his behalf (which I have to learn how to do that better since I screwed up the links for these patches I tweeted earlier. Oops!). Many thanks should also be given to forum member Tobias Funke for all of his help; helping moderate Sconix's sub-forum, authoring/maintaining the MS user manual, etc...
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/23/2011 at 09:28 PM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I just tried to update your Advanced system Menu Framework and I'm getting the following IPKG error
    Sure, yesterday I ran into something that looks similar, but it's not exactly the same. My error is:

    Code:
    Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Then, I've read a bit of what's being told here. I also have that nice rotated 270 deg battery icon. Actually, I was about to remove it: I only added it because, in my webOS 2.1 Pre-, the battery percentage in the original device menu was never updated. But then, with Sconix' new Device menu, I have the right battery level back.

    So now I've removed the battery icon patch, and, after a mandatory Luna restart, now I've been able to update the Advanced System Menus Framework.
  15. #275  
    i am currently using both patches
  16. #276  
    Ahhhh. I had the same issue as shinneejay, but also had "Select Alert and Notification Tones" patch installed. That needs to be removed too before installation of Advanced system....
  17. #277  
    Yeah there are a number of patches that will conflict from the start or as more features are added/changed in the advanced system menus/prefs patches.

    Reading over the wiki, one could somewhat figure out what patches could conflict by reading over what is provided for features (usage section) and compare that to what they have installed after the advanced patches to determine what is causing the conflict on installation or updating.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Yeah there are a number of patches that will conflict from the start or as more features are added/changed in the advanced system menus/prefs patches.

    Reading over the wiki, one could somewhat figure out what patches could conflict by reading over what is provided for features (usage section) and compare that to what they have installed after the advanced patches to determine what is causing the conflict on installation or updating.
    Or one could do as we always suggest and remove all other patches before using the Advanced Configuration patches.

    -- Rod
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Or one could do as we always suggest and remove all other patches before using the Advanced Configuration patches.

    -- Rod
    I did have it written that way on the wiki for the webOS 1.4.5 versions. There was a lot of guff about that, but it really is the best way.

    I kind of have it written that way on the wiki page for these webOS 2.x versions, but more so in the troubleshooting section.

    So... yes, that would be the best way and I will say is and should be the officially recommended way!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. #280  
    I hope this is the correct thread. I notice when enabling the gps icon for Sprint Nav or Google Maps that it turns on and off per the patch created to enable gps but you have to briefly tap the top bar to update the status and turn icon on or off.

Posting Permissions