Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Question:
    I see that there are now a few versions of the framework. Here is my understanding of what device gets what:
    Framework - Pre2 World Ready (GSM Pre2 from HP only?
    Framework VZW - non World Ready (This is Verizon Pre2 only?)
    Framework Legacy - World Ready Pre+/- (How does one tell if a phone is WR?)
    Framework Legacy VZW - Non WR Pre+/- (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T phones?)

My questions are in the ( )

Thanks for the answer in advance, and i will be happy to add this to the Wiki.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Question:
    I see that there are now a few versions of the framework. Here is my understanding of what device gets what:
    Framework - Pre2 World Ready (GSM Pre2 from HP only?
    Framework VZW - non World Ready (This is Verizon Pre2 only?)
    Framework Legacy - World Ready Pre+/- (How does one tell if a phone is WR?)
    Framework Legacy VZW - Non WR Pre+/- (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T phones?)

My questions are in the ( )

Thanks for the answer in advance, and i will be happy to add this to the Wiki.
    Yes for advanced system prefs (not menus for which this thread is) there is and the wiki for those patches already explains which you should try to install. But its not that simple there are so many versions now (with meta ones etc.) that its not written in stone that which patch is for which. Hence the recommended way to install is still EPR since then you can try both versions to see which one installs.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes for advanced system prefs (not menus for which this thread is) there is and the wiki for those patches already explains which you should try to install. But its not that simple there are so many versions now (with meta ones etc.) that its not written in stone that which patch is for which. Hence the recommended way to install is still EPR since then you can try both versions to see which one installs.
    Sorry for the wrong-thread post, i was confused. I'll check those wiki's out.
    Hello,

I've been having some problems with the today menu. I deleted a week's worth of recurring events in the calendar, but these deletions are not reflected in the today menu. Creating and deleting a new event is shown correctly in the today menu, but these specific deletions are not. I've tried reinstalling the today menu patch, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    MM
    Quote Originally Posted by a91738246 View Post
    Hello,

I've been having some problems with the today menu. I deleted a week's worth of recurring events in the calendar, but these deletions are not reflected in the today menu. Creating and deleting a new event is shown correctly in the today menu, but these specific deletions are not. I've tried reinstalling the today menu patch, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    MM
    Got the same problem. Think it's a sync-problem with Google & Exchange in ehe calender-app.
  6.    #246  
    Hello,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    MM
    When phone is restarted the today menu reloads all events. It also should get notified by WebOS when ever there is changes to the events. If the events data is not refreshing its something in the WebOS side that is not working. So today menu does not store the events data so reboot will always get the today menu refresh its knowledge of events if the subscription to changes has been canceled for some odd reason.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Restarting the phone did not change the behavior. I have found that I can reproduce it, however:

-) Create a recurring event in the calendar.
    -) Delete that event just for a single occurrence (i.e. don't delete whole series).
    -) The today menu incorrectly shows the event on the date that it should be deleted.

Are you able to reproduce it as well?

Thanks,
    MM
  8.    #248  
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Restarting the phone did not change the behavior. I have found that I can reproduce it, however:

-) Create a recurring event in the calendar.
    -) Delete that event just for a single occurrence (i.e. don't delete whole series).
    -) The today menu incorrectly shows the event on the date that it should be deleted.

Are you able to reproduce it as well?

Thanks,
    MM
    Ok I think I misunderstood you that the events never get removed from the today menu (i.e. not even on reboot). Well I can what you described happening since I know I take into account the situation with repeated event is some day is modified, but not when some days event is deleted. So I need to look into this how the deleted events are marked in repeated events case and add support for that. Thanks for reporting this.

EDIT: this is fixed in next release which I do later today, is there anything else with repeating events that was causing problems for you?
    Last edited by sconix; 03/21/2011 at 04:45 AM.
    Don't know if this is the right place to post, but I'll give it a go:

Since installing the advanced e-mail patch, notifications are not blinking anymore (even so I've enabled the corresponding setting) and the mail sometimes doesn't get synchronized automatically anymore (I have set it to synchronize my gmail every hour): I have a german pre- running 2.1.

Thx
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Don't know if this is the right place to post, but I'll give it a go:

Since installing the advanced e-mail patch, notifications are not blinking anymore (even so I've enabled the corresponding setting) and the mail sometimes doesn't get synchronized automatically anymore (I have set it to synchronize my gmail every hour): I have a german pre- running 2.1.

Thx
    For the blink problem, do you have installed the framework patch? If you have its hard to see blink failing in all situations.

The patch wont touch the syncing in any way, I know that 2.1 has big problems with at least the as items arrive sync setting when on wifi (seems to work much better on 3g so go figure). The problem is there with and without the patch and this is verified to be the case.

EDIT: actually I may have broken the blink with the last update will look into that...

EDIT2: confirmed that blink is broken for emails from unknown addresses, also the repeat is broken for those (fixed in next release naturally)..

EDIT3: so the blink is actually all broken not just when received from unknown contacts will release a fix later today...
    Last edited by sconix; 03/21/2011 at 06:49 AM.
    EDIT: this is fixed in next release which I do later today, is there anything else with repeating events that was causing problems for you?
    Great! Everything else seems to working fine. I've been using your patches for a while now, and this is the first time I've had a problem with them. Thanks for all your hard work and quick replies!

MM
    maybe i missed a posting on this but I have installed the latest advanced configuration on my pre - sprint with 2.1 and after I install them, I do not get text message notifications, sounds, flashing light, or in notifications area. phone does not ring when i call comes in
    - advanced system - prefs: email, messaging, phone and system v 2.1.0-38 or .37

any ideas
  13.    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by jskuyper View Post
    maybe i missed a posting on this but I have installed the latest advanced configuration on my pre - sprint with 2.1 and after I install them, I do not get text message notifications, sounds, flashing light, or in notifications area. phone does not ring when i call comes in

any ideas
    Are you missing the framework patch? at least you did not list it. Its needed for correct operation and I guess that is your problem if you have that many problems. There are at least none problems in the current releases that I am aware of.

any ideas
    Also, please review the wiki (link found in the OP). The steps outlining the installation of these patches including the framework patch is listed.

Thanks!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Are you missing the framework patch? at least you did not list it. Its needed for correct operation and I guess that is your problem if you have that many problems. There are at least none problems in the current releases that I am aware of.
    I had it installed at one point, then removed everything due to issues, now when i try to install it i get the attached error
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16.    #256  
    I had it installed at one point, then removed everything due to issues, now when i try to install it i get the attached error
    You are trying to install the wrong version, install the legacy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Glad you were able to get it going.

From what I have kept up with so far, most of the battery patches don't work well with the Advanced System Menus Framework/Device Menu patches.

I think Sconix is going to be adding a configurable way to display the percentage in the top bar. Not sure how, but I think that is the plan. He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

I still hoping for the rotated battery and percent patch look that I used in 1.4.5 to be updated for 2.1 or that Sconix adds into his patch.
    Yes, I would love for Sconix to enhance this patch to also allow adding a battery percent.
    Still have the problem, that edited series and deleted single events from series are not shown in the today menu (google). :-(
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoschl View Post
    Still have the problem, that edited series and deleted single events from series are not shown in the today menu (google). :-(
    Send me an email scorpio.iix at gmail.com and lets see why. Although not sure what you mean, the deleted single events from the series should not be shown in the menu. And changed single events should show up just fine. If there is a problem then there's still a yet another way the data is stored for which I can only add support when I see what kind of events data you have. So by sending email to me I can guide you giving me that info.
    You are trying to install the wrong version, install the legacy one.
    Get an error with that one as well... see attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files