Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Hey, I've just realized that Advanced System Menus are already available for webOS 2.1!I'm enjoying now the Device menu, and it rocks! Its battery level does work, not like the stock one, that's never updated from reboot. Of course, I'm also enjoying the rest of its features.

Donation just sent!
    Yes they have been since 2.0.0 And now even the advanced system prefs patches are out in the wild so enjoy =) And thanks for the donation.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Yes. Please see the wiki!

Everything you need to know about configuring and using the Advanced System Menus can be found there.
    sorry. That worked. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    sorry. That worked. Thanks!
    No problem. Glad you have it working now.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Great set of patches, thank you! The Today menu is fantastic. Between the Agenda exhibition mode and this menu, one of the biggest feature holes in WebOS has been filled.

I do have a question, though. How do I get weather to work in the Today menu? Is there a specific app that it is compatible with? I just get the date and appointments. If I can get this to work, I can remove WeatherIcon from my launcher to open up one of the precious 4 slots.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by hegemon13 View Post
    Great set of patches, thank you! The Today menu is fantastic. Between the Agenda exhibition mode and this menu, one of the biggest feature holes in WebOS has been filled.

I do have a question, though. How do I get weather to work in the Today menu? Is there a specific app that it is compatible with? I just get the date and appointments. If I can get this to work, I can remove WeatherIcon from my launcher to open up one of the precious 4 slots.
    Today menu currently supports weather info parsing from google calendar only. So if you add a wheather calendar into your google calendar then the weather is shown in the menu.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thank you! Works perfectly.
    just to be clear what version of the patch do I install on a sprint frankenpre running 2.1?
    If franken pre means basically a pre+ running on sprint, you should install the framework legacy patch.
    frankenpre means Pre running on sprint.
    Do you mean a Sprint Pre running webOS 2.1... Since a Pre is the original device on Sprint.

If so, I didn't know franken pre was considered a Pre running 2.1 rather it was a Sprint Pre that was plussed.

Franken in my mind is a device that has original and borrowed hardware parts.
    Either way, the legacy version is what you need to use.
    That is my definition too. Franken relates to hardware swaps, not just running a later webOS version on an unmodified device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is my definition too. Franken relates to hardware swaps, not just running a later webOS version on an unmodified device.

-- Rod
    Thanks!
    Do you mean a Sprint Pre running webOS 2.1... Since a Pre is the original device on Sprint.

If so, I didn't know franken pre was considered a Pre running 2.1 rather it was a Sprint Pre that was plussed.

Ah, wait guys sorry I was posting from my phone and it auto corrected Pre2 to Pre on me. I am using a PRE 2 I did a com board swap from my Sprint Pre into a GSM Pre 2.

So yes it is a Frankenpre 2 not a sprint pre running 2.1.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by beantastic View Post
    Ah, wait guys sorry I was posting from my phone and it auto corrected Pre2 to Pre on me. I am using a PRE 2 I did a com board swap from my Sprint Pre into a GSM Pre 2.

So yes it is a Frankenpre 2 not a sprint pre running 2.1.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Ok. Glad we're all on the same page.
    Either way, I believe you still need to use the legacy version.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Alright, I EPRed my pre2 and successfully installed all the patches. :-)
    It all works great as always, I love all the added functionality.

I think that the conflicting patch in my case was Ubercalendar, as I'm unable to install it now. This is a big downer because with these advanced system patches, UC is the other most important patch on my phone.

I hope this will workout at some point because I really want to have both set of patches running together like it did under 1.4.5...

Great work though! ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    Alright, I EPRed my pre2 and successfully installed all the patches. :-)
    It all works great as always, I love all the added functionality.

I think that the conflicting patch in my case was Ubercalendar, as I'm unable to install it now. This is a big downer because with these advanced system patches, UC is the other most important patch on my phone.

I hope this will workout at some point because I really want to have both set of patches running together like it did under 1.4.5...

Great work though! ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You can always leave cal prefs patch out and keep uber (you loose less that way at lease currently), but I would also like to have them go exist, but currently too busy to look into this, but will do that at some point.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    A request would be to have "roam only" in the device menu patch under "phone". But there's other ways to get there also.

Thanks for great patches.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    A request would be to have "roam only" in the device menu patch under "phone". But there's other ways to get there also.

Thanks for great patches.
    The device menu supports setting the voice roaming to roam only, see the wiki.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The device menu supports setting the voice roaming to roam only, see the wiki.
    Well there ya go!
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch