Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    hey i was just kidding.
    Kidding also. Crackpot Pre and still works, I love this story as we have heard so much about the bad Pres
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Well I dropped in here to post about LED issues in the device menu patch on a Pre2 with 2.1, but I see its already been covered. Just subscribed so I will find out as soon as its been fixed. Thanks sconix!
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'm getting something weird, and it's not consistent across devices...

I have 2 Pre's, one's crap and one's my phone. On the crap one I installed 2.1 to see how it worked etc etc, and I installed System menus and everythings fine. Restarts don't change the settings.

On my phone, I installed it, and everytime I do a luna or device restart, it goes back to the default settings of when you first install. It will never save my settings. Also, when I hit a large dropdown, such as Devices, if I close the Device Menu, then open it back up, Devices is still dropped down, and if I try to close it, it just toggles the LED. I tried removing and reinstalling but it has the same results. Is there something I should try?
    It sound like you have the gesture+tap action on in your another phone. The gesture+tap is broken in webOS 2.x so it gets "stuck" by holding the gesture for a while or doing back gesture should turn it off. Not really sure since its a bug, but at least I haven't managed to get it as stuck that it survives reboot. Anyway the gesture+tap action is remove from tonights releases until it gets fixed in WebOS.

The settings not saving sounds like a corrupted cookie or something, not really sure.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/10/2011 at 03:27 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Okay I uninstalled and reinstalled it and the Devices thing doesn't happen. The settings still don't save. Not sure on that one. I'll mess around with it. Thanks sconix!
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Okay I uninstalled and reinstalled it and the Devices thing doesn't happen. The settings still don't save. Not sure on that one. I'll mess around with it. Thanks sconix!
    Yes the reinstalling should not help, I think you should try to find the cookie where the settings get stored and delete it. Thats all that I can think of.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #186  
    I just pushed new versions out so they should show up soon (2.1.0-20). These will fix the led control problem on Pre2 and couple other small bugs. Also gesture+tap is gone for now, will add it back when it works properly. Now most of the gesture+tap tasks can be done with tap-n-hold. And of course with option+tap. Wiki is currently being updated to reflect these changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I just pushed new versions out so they should show up soon (2.1.0-20). These will fix the led control problem on Pre2 and couple other small bugs. Also gesture+tap is gone for now, will add it back when it works properly. Now most of the gesture+tap tasks can be done with tap-n-hold. And of course with option+tap. Wiki is currently being updated to reflect these changes.
    Sconix,

I just updated the menu patches, the framework patch failed....I tried it again, it failed again, then I removed it. Now, when I boot it never gets to the launcher! I tried webOS repair utility but I am thinking issues w/ meta-doctored 2.1? Anyone else having this issue? I guess I have to re-doctor my phone?

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    On my unlocked Pre2 with 2.1, I was able to update (in this order):

framework
    today menu
    device menu
    power menu

All applied successfully, I hit "later" on all prompts, and then just restarted my whole phone. Wifi network now displays correctly, and LED now works.

Thanks sconix.
    A project for the Advanced System Menus 2.x patches has been created on the WebOS-Internals Redmine site.

This project on the Redmine site will house and help manage bug reports and feature requests specifically for the Advanced System Menus 2.x patches.

Please use the Redmine site to submit bug reports and feature requests. You can also use the search and filtering capabilities of the Redmine site to see if a bug or feature has already be posted. (Note: If you wish to submit a bug report or submit a feature request, you will need to register on the Redmine site to do so.)

Please keep installation/upgrading issues off of the project's site as those are not bugs.

The direct link to the project can be found here and also in the OP of this thread.

If you have any questions regarding the project on the Redmine site, please feel free to contact Sconix or I.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the reinstalling should not help, I think you should try to find the cookie where the settings get stored and delete it. Thats all that I can think of.
    No idea where to find that. I was told cookies might be in /var, but they're in a single database file...

The rest are service calls in the controller.jsjsjs...$to$ $my$ $knowledge$.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Sconix,

I just updated the menu patches, the framework patch failed....I tried it again, it failed again, then I removed it. Now, when I boot it never gets to the launcher! I tried webOS repair utility but I am thinking issues w/ meta-doctored 2.1? Anyone else having this issue? I guess I have to re-doctor my phone?

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I doctored and was able to install the patches w/o any problem....Guess it was just my bad luck...Back up and running, still have to re-set up Flash but I will leave that for another nite....

CaliMark
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I doctored and was able to install the patches w/o any problem....Guess it was just my bad luck...Back up and running, still have to re-set up Flash but I will leave that for another nite....

CaliMark
    Not sure why you had to do that. I always test the patches in emulator, pre- (sprint 2.1) and in pre2. And I always update the patches in different order and with different utilities and have had no problems. But I guess for some reason the uninstall was not succesful, the unpatching process must have been interrupted by something.
    First I had problems installing the framework patch on 2.1.
    Removed all other patches and just added framework, device & today menu.
    now it works!

Ringer switch icon & GPS in Top Bar Patch don't work with ASM, but aren't needed anymore.

thx
    I first tried updating the 'framework' patch, but it failed. I then removed the 'Rotated 270deg Battery Icon and Percent (Top Bar)' patch, restarted luna and then I was able to update the 'framework' patch and all the other 'Advanced System Menu' patches one after the other.

The 'LED Flashlight Toggle' still seems to be a little moody. It took me three attempts before I could get the flashlight to turn on and thereafter it seems to be somewhat unreliable at times, taking more than one press to get it to work.

PS: Upon trying again just now, it seems to be working well. Go figure.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by zoschl View Post
    ...Ringer switch icon & GPS in Top Bar Patch don't work with ASM, but aren't needed anymore...
    That is correct as they are included in the framework patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I first tried updating the 'framework' patch, but it failed. I then removed the 'Rotated 270deg Battery Icon and Percent (Top Bar)' patch, restarted luna and then I was able to update the 'framework' patch and all the other 'Advanced System Menu' patches one after the other...
    Glad you were able to get it going.

From what I have kept up with so far, most of the battery patches don't work well with the Advanced System Menus Framework/Device Menu patches.

I think Sconix is going to be adding a configurable way to display the percentage in the top bar. Not sure how, but I think that is the plan. He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

I still hoping for the rotated battery and percent patch look that I used in 1.4.5 to be updated for 2.1 or that Sconix adds into his patch.

the luna restart option in the advanced power menu has stopped working since the update,

also is it possible to move the location of the silent mode icon included with the framework patch/remove it and the gps icon?

O2 UK pre plus, webOS 2.1 official
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    the luna restart option in the advanced power menu has stopped working since the update,

also is it possible to move the location of the silent mode icon included with the framework patch/remove it and the gps icon?

O2 UK pre plus, webOS 2.1 official
    I would try removing the power menu patch and reinstall.
    It still works for me after the update (done it twice already this morning).

Sconix would have to weigh in on the second part about removing the icons. I would think that he won't, but maybe could make it customizable. That is up to him of course.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Glad you were able to get it going.

From what I have kept up with so far, most of the battery patches don't work well with the Advanced System Menus Framework/Device Menu patches.

I think Sconix is going to be adding a configurable way to display the percentage in the top bar. Not sure how, but I think that is the plan. He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

I still hoping for the rotated battery and percent patch look that I used in 1.4.5 to be updated for 2.1 or that Sconix adds into his patch.
    For now it seems that the only 'battery percent' patch that works with Sconix's patches is the 'Rotated 270deg Battery Icon and Percent (Top Bar)' patch. This too has to be ionstalled after all the "Advanced" patches have already been installed. Personally I am looking forward to the 'Battery Icon and Vertical Percent (Top Bar)' patch to be updated to webOS 2.1.0 or the 'Battery Percent and Icon (Top Bar) ' patch being made compatible with the 'Advanced' patches.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    the luna restart option in the advanced power menu has stopped working since the update
    Seems to be working fine for me.