1.    #1  
    - Mode Sharing Repository -

Modes Must Be Posted In This Format:
    - this post will be updated with a list of the currently shared modes in the repository.
    - modes posted that do not fit this scheme will be edited or removed.
    - please keep all discussion about the modes in this thread to the official MS thread.
    - the google docs link to your mode must be public, viewable, and named correctly (as if exported by MS).

Title: Mode Name
    Type: Normal/Modifier
    GoogleDoc: Link to publicly shared, correctly named Google document containing mode text.
    Description: Description of mode.
    -the below is optional-
    Triggers:
    • Trigger Type: trigger settings

Settings:
    • Setting: value

Applications/Services:
    • App/Service: parameters

- Modes -
    GPS Data On - mamouton
    Messaging - Tobias Funke
    Sleep-Charging - speebs
    Last edited by tobias funke; 11/04/2010 at 09:47 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Title: Messaging
    Type: Modifier
    GoogleDoc: Messaging
    Description: When Messaging app is open and the Screen is on, mute incoming SMS notifications, keep the screen on for 5 minutes, and Always On while charging.
    Title: GPS Data On
    GoogleDoc: GPS Data On
    Description: When Fuel, BFG Maps, Sprint Nav, or Geo Tasks Pro is in foreground data and GPS mode turn on. When app is closed mode is closed
    Title: Car Audio
    GoogleDoc: Car Audio
    Description: When aux jack is plugged into headset Ampache Mobile, and Trapster are opened. When aux jack is unplugged Ampache mobile and Trapster are closed.
  5.    #5  
    Title: Device Restart
    GoogleDoc: Device Restart
    Description: Mode triggers at 3:59 AM and closes at 4:00 AM. When the mode closes, it launches "Device Reset" application, found in MS thread, which performs a full device reset. The reason for using On Mode Close is so the mode is no longer active when the reset is performed, preventing a reset loop.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Title: Sleep-Charging
    GoogleDoc: Sleep-Charging
    Description: Sets the screen to turn off during charge, mutes alerts (not the phone ringer) and disables blink notifications overnight.
    Triggers:
    (Behavior)
    -Required: All Unique
    -Block Mode: No Blocking
    (Charger Event)
    -Charger: Wall Charger
    -Delay: None
    (Charger Event)
    -Charger: Touchstone
    -Orientation: Any
    -Delay: 3 Seconds
    (Time of Day)
    -Days: Sat, Sun
    -Start: 12:00AM
    -End: 10:00AM
    (Time of Day)
    -Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sun
    -Start: 9:00PM
    -End: 8:00AM

Settings:
    (Preferences)
    -Notify: Disabled
    -On Charger: Turn screen off
    (System Settings)
    -Alert: Mute
    (Messaging):
    -Msg Alert: Mute
    -IM Status: Busy
    (Screen)
    -Brightness: Minimum
    -Turn off after: 15 Seconds
    -Blink Notify: Disabled
    -Locked Notify: Disabled
    -Wallpaper: Do Not Set
    (Sounds)
    -Ringer: Maximum
    -System: 50
    -Media: 10

Applications: If you have another "Charging" mode set up as I do which actually brightens the screen and leaves it on (makes sense when I have it on the Touchstone all day at work), you can add MS as an app and have it close that mode "Before Mode Start".
    Last edited by Speebs; 10/10/2010 at 01:43 PM.
    Title: Battery Conservation
    Type: Normal/Modifier (if you want to)
    GoogleDoc:Battery Conservation
    Description: simple economy mode that turns off data/wifi/bluetooth/gps when battery gets below 35%.
    also turns screen brightness down to minimum and keep systems sounds soft.
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    What is the point of posting links here, when access to the files on google are restricted and require permission to access?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  9.    #9  
    - the google docs link to your mode must be public, viewable, and named correctly (as if exported by MS).
    It seems not everyone is following directions. If the people who have posted modes but not set them to be "Public On The Web" can update their settings, that would fix the problem.
    Type: Normal
    GoogleDoc: In Car
    Description: When on touchstone turned left and headphone jack plugged in turns brightness all the way up, keeps screen on permanently, and open drpodder
    Title: Radiotime
    Google Doc: Radiotime
    Description: When the Radiotime app is turned on and in the foreground, the media volume drops to 35% (perfect for hooking it to my home entertainment system). Has a delay of 60 seconds to leave the mode in case I ever need to do something quickly while listening to radiotime.
    Title: Nighttime
    GoogleDoc: Nighttime
    Description: From 10pm to 7am turns the screen all the way down and opens up the timepiece app
    Title: Work
    Googledoc: Work
    Description: When connected to my work's wifi, modifies the sound setting to mute everything (so I don't have to remember to move the mute switch)
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have exported all my modes to Google Groups for Mode Switcher.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I have exported all my modes to Google Groups for Mode Switcher.
    Yei! Hope there will be others following you at least when the new version goes to public feed. I am looking into maybe adding mode repository browsing on MS wiki page (if its possible). Also will add better support into MS on later releases. Suggestions etc. are of course also welcomed. At least for me its interesting to see that what kind of modes people have and to what they use MS for. Helps in development to know what features are used a lot.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanguerrero View Post
    Title: Battery Conservation
    Type: Normal/Modifier (if you want to)
    GoogleDoc:Battery Conservation
    Description: simple economy mode that turns off data/wifi/bluetooth/gps when battery gets below 35%.
    also turns screen brightness down to minimum and keep systems sounds soft.
    Thanks but i need permission to access this? I am new to this so does anyone have the settings for wifi only coming on when needed by an app and switching off otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazaam View Post
    Thanks but i need permission to access this? I am new to this so does anyone have the settings for wifi only coming on when needed by an app and switching off otherwise?
    This thread was mainly for MS 1.x. MS 2.x has the ability to import modes shared by other users. Not sure if anyone has made "data on demand" mode for MS 2.x yet. For example the limitations of webOS makes it impossible to have the mode be activated by all the apps that might need internet.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.