webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Advanced Configuration for System Preferences (ACSP)
[Patch] Advanced Configuration for System Preferences (ACSP)
Like Tree1Likes

Old 10/03/2010, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Advanced Configuration for System Preferences

Wiki
Current version: 1.4.5-86, 1.4.5-86 (World ready version)
The Advanced Configuration for System Preferences (ACSP) patch combines many of the best and popular patches for customizing the system settings and phone, messaging and email app preferences.
Installation & Usage:
  • The Advanced Configurations Wiki contains full feature list with installation and usage instructions.
    - Release notes, known bugs, and possible upcoming features are also included.

Supporting development:
Developing Mode Switcher and patches for WebOS has taken a huge amount of my time to get to this point. And all my work is currently available for free so donations are highly appreciated. Please use the link below to support my work:

Last edited by sconix; 10/15/2010 at 08:04 PM.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by potter_tang likes this.
Old 10/03/2010, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Also check out the P|C article here:

Super patch Advanced Configuration for System Preferences renders everything ever obsolete

Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/04/2010 at 08:48 AM.
ryleyinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: cubanocelso
Old 10/03/2010, 02:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

dont see it ??
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: cubanocelso
Old 10/03/2010, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

At least now its there, just update the feeds.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Thanked By: Shadavis08
Old 10/03/2010, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

wow you rock man !!!
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Old 10/03/2010, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Anything from sconix is a must try!
Old 10/03/2010, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Its there now, but cant install. Im ganna look at my patches see if anything is conflicting with it.
dstachnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2010, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

1 out of 9 hunks FAILED. I cant figure it out.
Old 10/03/2010, 03:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstachnik View Post
1 out of 9 hunks FAILED. I cant figure it out.
Please tell the file the failed chunks is related so I could try to guess what patch is conflicting.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Old 10/03/2010, 03:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

FAILED!
----------------------------------
1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.js.rej
ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences:
additional_files
advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.patch
package_list

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files:
usr

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr:
palm

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm:
applications

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications:
com.palm.app.contacts
com.palm.app.messaging
com.palm.app.phone
com.palm.app.wifi

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts:
app

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app:
controllers
views

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers:
contactprefs-assistant.js

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views:
contactprefs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/contactprefs:
contactprefs-scene.html

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging:
app

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app:
controllers
views

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers:
prefsSetupSMSAccount-assistant.js

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views:
prefsSetupSMSAccount

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupSMSAccount:
prefsSetupSMSAccount-scene.html

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone:
app
images

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app:
controllers
views

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers:
prefs-assistant.js

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views:
prefs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views/prefs:
prefs-scene.html

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images:
header-icon-phone.png

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi:
app

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app:
views

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views:
networklist

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views/networklist:
knownnetworks-container.html
*** FAILED ***
Thanked By: copasetic
Old 10/03/2010, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstachnik View Post
FAILED!
----------------------------------
1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.js.rej
*** FAILED ***
Do you have disable led notification for email patch installed? Uninstall that if you have. If not then its most likely some other screenlock related patch.
Old 10/03/2010, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

These are patches I had to uninstall:
  • Disable low battery notifications
  • Auto close phone app on hang up
  • SMS tone per contact
  • disable email blink notifications
and probably 1 or 2 others than I'm forgetting.

It's not hard to figure out which ones to uninstall, just look at everything this patch does then scroll through your installed patch list in preware. Remove any patches which this patch now makes obsolete.

Thanks sconix!
Nightburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: krsmith88
Old 10/03/2010, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Sconix,

works great... the only patch that I had that is missing is "call history during call" Could you make that a phone prefs toggle option?
navinag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2010, 03:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

well i just ran epr and started from the beginning , i had a hard time with the advanced launcher patch so i figured that was best lol
Old 10/03/2010, 03:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinag View Post
Sconix,

works great... the only patch that I had that is missing is "call history during call" Could you make that a phone prefs toggle option?
It seems like something that I could add. I will look into that.
Old 10/03/2010, 04:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hate to add more work for you but i would love to keep some patches and not run EPR just yet...any ideas??? Much appreciated!!!

** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
mkdir-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
install-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
2 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.js.rej
remove
Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences from root...
(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm)
delete
Nothing Interesting.
failed
Nothing Interesting.
mikeh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2010, 04:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
Hate to add more work for you but i would love to keep some patches and not run EPR just yet...any ideas??? Much appreciated!!!

** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
mkdir-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
install-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
2 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.js.rej
remove
Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences from root...
(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm)
delete
Nothing Interesting.
failed
Nothing Interesting.
Maybe you have the add roam only voice roaming patch installed? Thats only one that comes to my mind right away from that error.
Old 10/03/2010, 04:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
It seems like something that I could add. I will look into that.
Thanks
Old 10/03/2010, 04:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

umm...I just EPR'd and I'm still getting the failed install hunks message.

great... there goes my afternoon.
rmausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2010, 04:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Do you have disable led notification for email patch installed? Uninstall that if you have. If not then its most likely some other screenlock related patch.
This could also be "reduce min brightness 5"
Thanked By: JishHD

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0