Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Actually I think I know what the problem is. You were saying that the problem was with MMS messages so I am pretty sure I know why its happening. This will be fixed in next release.

Yes it is with the MMS Messages it plays the Calender alert when getting a text, even when it's set to vibrate. Glad to hear its being fixed. I will look forward to this release! Thanks for the assistance and once again love the patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    who is dustin ?
    That is me. My real name has been released into the wild.....

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I've removed all messaging patches and I still got this error:
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

do you know which patch coz this?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    so i installed this patch, and all seems well, except, if i go into my contacts, i no longer have the option to change ringtones, or sms sounds for them as the patch said i could. and suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Trust me its quicker to use EPR and then install your apps back from the saved packages list.

@sconix For the messaging preferences, can you make one universal settings option as it had before the patch, as well as individual options for those who use them, I'm sure i'm not the only one who uses one set of settings for both IM and SMS, and when I want to change them from vibrate to mute it is cumbersome to change each individually.

Also if possible a few advance settings for this:

An option if the screen is on and a sms/im arrives the vibrate time can be made to be shorter then when the screen is off.

When on touchstone regardless of screen being on or off the vibrate time can be made independent of when not on touchstone.
    Last edited by kel101; 10/04/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post

Well, that error message indicates that the problem lies with the messaging app. So you either still have a patch installed for messaging that is conflicting, that file might have been corrupted upon un-installation of another patch or something else entirely.

Your best bet would be to follow the instructions on the wiki. You should have run EPR, then started with this patch. That is the recommended method for getting started with the Advanced Configuration patches.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 10/04/2010 at 12:50 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    The Notification "ringtone" preference in messaging doesnt work for texting.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    so i installed this patch, and all seems well, except, if i go into my contacts, i no longer have the option to change ringtones, or sms sounds for them as the patch said i could. and suggestions?
    The ringtones/alerts are now per contact and are set as such.

Please read the wiki. The information is all posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    The Notification "ringtone" preference in messaging doesnt work for texting.
    If you look a page back you will see that I brought this up to him and he said that there is a fix in the next release.
    FYI...any messaging plugins will conflict with the installation of this patch.
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaP3000 View Post
    FYI...any messaging plugins will conflict with the installation of this patch.
    Yes the messaging plugins patch touches so many places that it is impossible to make this patch compatible. Hopefully for 2.0 the patch needed for messaging plugins would be much smaller so that these patches could play nice together. I was also using the messaging plugins earlier, but I can use separate app for MSN until WebOS gets proper support.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks for this humongous piece of work.
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents: I also am a German Pre owner, but my devices always run on english language. Nevertheless after installing the patch and rebooting (not Luna Restarting) the phone, I couldn't get my SIM card unlocked anymore. Instead of the Sim Unlock screen I was greeted with the Phone Preference screen, where I could not enable or change anything. So the problem is not only language specific, but also seems to be GSM specific (at least if the SIM card is locked).

Keep up the great work. I will wait patiently and not nag.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    Thanks for this humongous piece of work.
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents: I also am a German Pre owner, but my devices always run on english language. Nevertheless after installing the patch and rebooting (not Luna Restarting) the phone, I couldn't get my SIM card unlocked anymore. Instead of the Sim Unlock screen I was greeted with the Phone Preference screen, where I could not enable or change anything. So the problem is not only language specific, but also seems to be GSM specific (at least if the SIM card is locked).

Keep up the great work. I will wait patiently and not nag.
    Hmm I have GSM Pre and locked SIM card and I get the pin unlock app as it should. And I have trouble seeing how this patch could cause the preferences opened instead of unlock screen. You are sure that you have en_us and not en_uk locale?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    thanks suzuki. Didn't open the dropdown and look at the setting. That's awesome. Amazing patch.
  15.    #175  
    I'll try to get a new release out tonight (at the latest tomorrow) which fixes the SMS ringtone setting bug, MMS notification sound bug and adds one new feature called Rejected Call Auto Reply. Which means that you can configure messaging app to be opened when you reject a call that is pre populated with callers phone number and text (e.g. In a meeting, will call later) that you can configure in the phone preferences.
    For those who are still having installation fail after running EPR, please remove the Advanced Messaging IM Plug-Ins from Greg_Roll, as these modify the Messaging application. It is listed under "Plugins" and not "Patches" but will still cause installation to fail due to the files modified by the Plugin changes.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I am having an issue with toggling the screen on/off after making a call and I think it's related to this patch.

I have the phone app set to close on hangup, and the power button to end calls. After I end calls with the power button, I can't turn the screen off with the button. After the screen times out, I can't turn the screen back on without opening the slider.

A Luna restart fixes the issue.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I am having an issue with toggling the screen on/off after making a call and I think it's related to this patch.

I have the phone app set to close on hangup, and the power button to end calls. After I end calls with the power button, I can't turn the screen off with the button. After the screen times out, I can't turn the screen back on without opening the slider.

A Luna restart fixes the issue.
    Its possible that these two patches conflict, anyway the power button configuration will be part of this patch quite soon.
    Love Mode Switcher & Advance Conf. for Laucher. I can't wait for an international version of this patch! :3
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I'll try to get a new release out tonight (at the latest tomorrow) which fixes the SMS ringtone setting bug, MMS notification sound bug and adds one new feature called Rejected Call Auto Reply. Which means that you can configure messaging app to be opened when you reject a call that is pre populated with callers phone number and text (e.g. In a meeting, will call later) that you can configure in the phone preferences.
    I bet I am not the only one excited for this.