Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #141  
    The latest version of UberCalendar includes blink notifications for events.
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least what I know about blink API it does not allow any separation for what is setting the blink on. So the speed is the same and I don't see any way to change the speed.

    The power button thing is coming.
    Odd, as I said, it used to blink different.
    2 or 3 fast blinks for emails, slow one for missed calls or texts (I think).
    Wonder what the difference is.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Hey Sconix:
    4) In the NEW phone preferences, what does on call view does under application header? Its not in wiki.
    Added to the wiki.

    It was a geeky/tech free weekend for me. No service, No Internet, No Wiki updates.

    Nothing like the great outdoors.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #144  
    I can't see a way to disable the vibration notification that accompanies audio notification with messages and email. How do I do that? TIA
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I can't see a way to disable the vibration notification that accompanies audio notification with messages and email. How do I do that? TIA
    This is coming in upcoming release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #146  
    Looking forward to it-thanks!
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    So what is the recommended way to install this. Back up the preware installed list. then run EPR then install??? they try to reinstall any patches we had previously?
    The wiki explains what is necessary to install this patch.
    To answer your question: Basically yes. That is what you'd need to do.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I STRONGLY recommend running an EPR before installing this patch. Just update your Saved Package List before doing so and you will have no problem reinstalling your patches afterwards.

    if you are still getting a hunk error after EPR, I recommend Jason's Repair Utility, or simply replacing the problem file yourself directly from the WebOSDoctor.jar.
    Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I update the Saved Package List and where do I find it.

    Another question: I have a german pre and when I try to access the screen preferences "Bildschrim und Sperre" after installing this patch I can't change the settings anymore (for example there is no slider anymore for the brightness). Any thoughts on this?

    Thanks
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I update the Saved Package List and where do I find it.

    Another question: I have a german pre and when I try to access the screen preferences "Bildschrim und Sperre" after installing this patch I can't change the settings anymore (for example there is no slider anymore for the brightness). Any thoughts on this?

    Thanks
    Please see the wiki. The Preparing Your Device section covers that.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    , or simply replacing the problem file yourself directly from the WebOSDoctor.jar.
    how do you do this? I tried everything else but havnt doctored yet
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 10/04/2010 at 11:19 AM.
  11. #151  
    The webOSdoctor.jar file can be opened with 7-zip instead of executed. Keep opening the largest file until you get to webOS.tar, which is the filesystem on your phone. Then just extract the file noted in the hunk error and send it to the correct location on your device using the myriad of ways to do so (WOSQI, internalz, etc.).
  12. #152  
    allright thanks I'll look into it tonight
  13. #153  
    Hi sconix,
    thanks for working on this!
    But it isnīt working on my german Pre - the preference screens looks like garbage, without sliders, unusable.
    Only for english ones - like the device menu patch?
    Is there an international version possible or coming?
  14. #154  
    First, I LOVE THE PATCH! Second, I had my MMS messages set to JUST VIBRATE prior to the patch, now that the patch is in installed, it makes the same tone that my calendar events would normally make. Everywhere I have checked for a specific user and for the MMS account of my phone number, they are both set to the default. How do I make it again so that it just vibrates when I get a text message and not the tone also? Thanks!
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    Hi sconix,
    thanks for working on this!
    But it isnīt working on my german Pre - the preference screens looks like garbage, without sliders, unusable.
    Only for english ones - like the device menu patch?
    Is there an international version possible or coming?
    The international version comes a bit later once this patch get "stabilized" a bit which means when all the features are in. There are still couple smaller additions coming. I hope that within this month there will be international versions of all my patches.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    First, I LOVE THE PATCH! Second, I had my MMS messages set to JUST VIBRATE prior to the patch, now that the patch is in installed, it makes the same tone that my calendar events would normally make. Everywhere I have checked for a specific user and for the MMS account of my phone number, they are both set to the default. How do I make it again so that it just vibrates when I get a text message and not the tone also? Thanks!
    Have you looked into the messaging account settings. The notification settings are now per messaging account. And system sound is the default alert when the configuration is not changed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. #157  
    sconix. You are an amazing person. thank you for doing what you do. Honestly. Donation on its way.

    Small question, which perhaps will be fixed with your update. I am now getting vibrations for text messages, but I do not want that. I want the phone to ring and vibrate, but I don't particularly want vibrations when sms arrive. In the sound preferences, it appears that the settings apply to all apps while ringer on or off. In the messaging sound menu, I see the option for vibration is short, medium or long. No off.

    Is what I want already in there, and I dont know how to program it?
    If not, could you add it at some point?
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Have you looked into the messaging account settings. The notification settings are now per messaging account. And system sound is the default alert when the configuration is not changed.
    I only have one account (no other messaging accounts or anything, just text) and Alert is set to vibrate. Am I missing a different setting?
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    I only have one account (no other messaging accounts or anything, just text) and Alert is set to vibrate. Am I missing a different setting?
    Actually I think I know what the problem is. You were saying that the problem was with MMS messages so I am pretty sure I know why its happening. This will be fixed in next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    sconix. You are an amazing person. thank you for doing what you do. Honestly. Donation on its way.

    Small question, which perhaps will be fixed with your update. I am now getting vibrations for text messages, but I do not want that. I want the phone to ring and vibrate, but I don't particularly want vibrations when sms arrive. In the sound preferences, it appears that the settings apply to all apps while ringer on or off. In the messaging sound menu, I see the option for vibration is short, medium or long. No off.

    Is what I want already in there, and I dont know how to program it?
    If not, could you add it at some point?
    The vibrate configuration sucks a bit currently I'll fix it in next couple release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions