776 Global Posts
    Updates on 2.1 version?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  2.    #1302  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Updates on 2.1 version?
    There is a separate thread for 2.x versions. I am working on these just now and hopefully ready within week or two. Hard to say. The advanced system prefs patches actually have more code than my modeswitcher app so making these patch is truly not a small task
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    @ Sconix - Hey, the system menu for unknown callers doesn't block calls for blocked numbers that show up unknown. It only blocks those that show as blocked. There are several telemarketers & bill collectors that show up "unknown number" not "blocked number". I know turning on unknown numbers will block them. That will also block any caller that's not in my contact list, I don't want to do that. Is there anyway this can be added to the script to block "unknown" & "blocked" the same way. I use my phone for business as well & don't wanna block everyone not in contacts just to block "unknown numbers". . If anyone knows a solution please let me know?
  4.    #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    @ Sconix - Hey, the system menu for unknown callers doesn't block calls for blocked numbers that show up unknown. It only blocks those that show as blocked. There are several telemarketers & bill collectors that show up "unknown number" not "blocked number". I know turning on unknown numbers will block them. That will also block any caller that's not in my contact list, I don't want to do that. Is there anyway this can be added to the script to block "unknown" & "blocked" the same way. I use my phone for business as well & don't wanna block everyone not in contacts just to block "unknown numbers". . If anyone knows a solution please let me know?
    Since you are posting in the old thread I assume that you have 1.4.5 version of the patch. With that its true there is no way to control.

With the 2.x version of the patch you can choose weather to block blocked numbers (that handles all numbers that you cannot call back to) or/and unknown numbers (phone numbers you can call back but are not in your contacts list).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Since you are posting in the old thread I assume that you have 1.4.5 version of the patch. With that its true there is no way to control.

With the 2.x version of the patch you can choose weather to block blocked numbers (that handles all numbers that you cannot call back to) or/and unknown numbers (phone numbers you can call back but are not in your contacts list).
    Wow you're fast. I do have the old 1.4.5. I hadn't upgraded to 2.1 yet because of the few bugs & stability problems. I haven't had time to read through the 1000's of post yet to see if the ones that kept me from upgrading were resolved.

Have you been able to get the 4 rows in launcher pages or your ACAL patch ported over to 2.X.X yet?
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
  6.    #1306  
    Wow you're fast. I do have the old 1.4.5. I hadn't upgraded to 2.1 yet because of the few bugs & stability problems. I haven't had time to read through the 1000's of post yet to see if the ones that kept me from upgrading were resolved.

Have you been able to get the 4 rows in launcher pages or your ACAL patch ported over to 2.X.X yet?
    Launcher is not patcheable in WebOS 2.x. But its small loss when considering the gains. And hopefully with the tablet release they will add configuration for the grid size.
    Launcher is not patcheable in WebOS 2.x. But its small loss when considering the gains. And hopefully with the tablet release they will add configuration for the grid size.
    Gains?!? Ok maybe its time for me to take a few hours and go read the new material on 2.1. When I last check many were having problems then complaining that they couldn't go back to 1.4.5 with their old profile. I know that has been fixed with a delete backups & the kernels are working but thats all.

I will try it first with a new profile.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
  8.    #1308  
    Gains?!? Ok maybe its time for me to take a few hours and go read the new material on 2.1. When I last check many were having problems then complaining that they couldn't go back to 1.4.5 with their old profile. I know that has been fixed with a delete backups & the kernels are working but thats all.

I will try it first with a new profile.
    Don't know about profile stuff since for me going back to 1.4.5 just wasn't an option due to the new stuff in WebOS 2.x that I really needed. If you are not in hurry and are happy with 1.4.5 I would wait for next WebOS release, even though 2.1 is a big step to better from 2.0.1, it is still a bit buggy compared to the well working 1.4.5 (at least that it was for me). Other than the bugs I really like WebOS 2.x and what it brought with it, mainly the JSJSJS $services$ $from$ $the$ $developer$ $point$ $of$ $view$.
    Hello, sconix. I have been using Advanced Configuration for System Preferences and your other patches, as well as Mode Switcher for quite a while now on my Palm Pre + running 1.4.5 without a problem.

Now I have a Pre 2 and I can't get your patches to load, other than MS. I look through the forum, and it seems that a lot of people are either running or having issues with the patches on 2.x, which implies that they have been able to download them. Should the patches work on 2.0.1?
    When I install them through Preware, they come in as place holders only - "This package is not currently available for WebOS 2.0.1, etc." Are they on a beta feed? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
  10.    #1310  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Hello, sconix. I have been using Advanced Configuration for System Preferences and your other patches, as well as Mode Switcher for quite a while now on my Palm Pre + running 1.4.5 without a problem.

Now I have a Pre 2 and I can't get your patches to load, other than MS. I look through the forum, and it seems that a lot of people are either running or having issues with the patches on 2.x, which implies that they have been able to download them. Should the patches work on 2.0.1?
    When I install them through Preware, they come in as place holders only - "This package is not currently available for WebOS 2.0.1, etc." Are they on a beta feed? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
    For some patches there was versions for 2.0.1, but not all and those that there is like system menu patches they are old and have bugs. My latest (fully working) versions are for 2.1. So if you are running 2.0.1 then sorry you are out of luck. I dropped the support for 2.0.1 version as soon as 2.1 was released mainly because 2.0.1 was so buggy that I got tired of fighting against those bugs. Theres still some in 2.1 but its much better at least for me.

BTW. There are separate threads for the 2.x versions of my patches (see my signature for links to all of my work).
    Sconix, I love the patch but I can't use the vibrate only patch on touchstone. Can you incorporate a vibrate only setting in you patch so I don't have to mute my phone or hear the donk-donk everytime I put the phone down to charge?

I found it. I'm an *****. Thanks!
    Last edited by peanuthead47; 04/23/2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Problem solved
  12.    #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead47 View Post
    Sconix, I love the patch but I can't use the vibrate only patch on touchstone. Can you incorporate a vibrate only setting in you patch so I don't have to mute my phone or hear the donk-donk everytime I put the phone down to charge?
    If you are really talking about the 1.4.5 version then sorry but I have ended all development of 1.4.5 versions. Although I thought the ability to set charger notification sound was already in the 14.5. version but might remember wrongly. Anyway in 2.x versions you can set it at least. So if you are talking about 2.x versions please check the wiki/thread for 2.x versions where to find the configuration.
    If you are really talking about the 1.4.5 version then sorry but I have ended all development of 1.4.5 versions. Although I thought the ability to set charger notification sound was already in the 14.5. version but might remember wrongly. Anyway in 2.x versions you can set it at least. So if you are talking about 2.x versions please check the wiki/thread for 2.x versions where to find the configuration.
    Thanks Sconix. I did go back to 1.4.5. Seems more stable. I couldn't find it. Guess I can wait for the 3. pppppaaaaaaaalllllllllmmm. HHHHHHPPPPPP!!!

bty great work. Your patches are awesome.

Edit I found it... Thanks!
    Last edited by peanuthead47; 04/23/2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Problem solved