Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155560616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    @sconix how is progress on this patch for 2.0? if you need a tester I volunteer
    I am just waiting 2.1 to finish the patches. And when they are ready the MS 2.0 alpha testers will get access to them first to test them.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am just waiting 2.1 to finish the patches. And when they are ready the MS 2.0 alpha testers will get access to them first to test them.
    So you don't expect to release them for 2.0.1?
  3.    #1283  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    So you don't expect to release them for 2.0.1?
    No since I just got fed up with the bugs in 2.0.1. Tired to figure out if something was due to buggy WebOS or by my code. And since it was clear that lot will change for 2.1 since 2.0.1 was so unfinished so I decided to wait and save my time for other more useful things
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    i seem to be having an issue installing this patch again, i need version 1.4.5-86, i had that and it worked, then i doctored and now i can't download the new one.

any help would be much appreciated.
    did you follow the steps on the wiki?
    yes, unless i missed a step
    So you doctored. Then you followed the steps on the wiki.

No other patches/themes were installed first?

What version of webOS you running, device and carrier?
    correct.

1.4.5 on an original pre through sprint
    Are you getting an error during the install?

I would say try the steps on the wiki from the beginning.
    yes, i'm getting an error that a hunk failed
  11.    #1291  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
    If you have doctored and the patch does not install then I guess you have used meta-doctor to alter the doctor so your setup is no longer "clean". You need to revert (replace with original file) the one that the failed hunks belong to. My guess would be that its the firstuse app and you had show first use app enabled in meta-doctor. Since the patch modifies the same file it fails to install. Just use WebOS repair utility or some other means to replace the file to its orifinal state.
    Please post the hunk error (in full). The error is very helpful in figuring out the problem.
    here is the hunk error. straight from WOSQI

an error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

1 out of 5 hunks failed -- see web-os-patches.log for more info
    While WOSQI may work to install this patch, the recommended way is with preware. Please follow the steps on the wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Also check out the P|C article here:

http://Super patch Advanced Configur... ever obsolete
    Another P|C article with typos...*shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    While WOSQI may work to install this patch, the recommended way is with preware. Please follow the steps on the wiki.
    i have done both, WOSQI and Preware, neither works for some reason. =/
    I'm not sure at this point. That is the full error message. Seems like there is stuff missing from the error.
  18.    #1298  
    here is the hunk error. straight from WOSQI

an error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

1 out of 5 hunks failed -- see web-os-patches.log for more info
    As pointed out this info is not enough. At least preware will let you view the error and there is a file name mentioned after that hunks failed line. And the file path is what helps in determining why it is not installing. Without that information its impossible to say why it is not installing.

Also you did not say did you doctored with an official doctor or with meta doctored one. With clean official doctor installation and installing this patch first should not cause problems. If you installed any patches before this then the EPR installation way described in the wiki is the way to go.
    i think my problem was i installed a theme first, then tried to do all my patches, and i forgot about the theme before, i uninstalled it and now the patch is working great.

thanks for being patient with me. =)
    You're welcome! Glad you got it working. So I guess you really didn't follow the steps on the wiki completely, huh! **messing with you.**