Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesicas View Post
    i have read the most pages i could, to try to find iformation about this IPKG Error Log.

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

the patch that i had installed and i had to remove in order to install this, was:
    -Create Birthday Events.

i pretty much had to go one for one deleting the patches that i had that dealt with contacts. and it finally worked.
    Could have saved yourself some time by following the "recommended" installation steps outlined on the wiki.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    first I have to say that this is the best patch ever. second, I'd like to ask if a "per contact ignore" can be added to the SMS/MMS section for each contact ?
    I've been wanting to use this patch, but I've been afraid of patch conflicts...but hey, you only live once, right? Before I do, if anyone wants to encourage me along, I thought I would list the patches I currently have installed, and I'll mark the ones I think would conflict with ACSP with an asterisk. If anyone wants to correct me before I proceed, I would appreciate the help.

15 patches currently installed:
    Add Date - MMDD (tk102)*
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher (sconix)
    Advanced Phone Menu (asedeno)*
    Battery Icon and Percent (Jason Robitaille)*
    Device Temperature Warnings (Jason Robitaille)
    Enable Landscape Email (user, SirWill, dBsooner)
    Notification Repeat (lclarkjr)*
    PDF Redux (akamil)
    Reduce Drag Radius 8px (Ryhor Burakou)
    Reduce Minimum Brightness (Hopspitfire, Jason Robitaille)*
    Smooth Scrolling
    Unthrottle Download Manager (diomark)
    Verizon aGPS Blocker (Troy Miller)
    Video Camera Flashlight (Jason Robitaille)
    Virtual Keyboard (Eric J Gaudet)

So I think 5 of them have to go for me to install ACSP...any advice before I proceed?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I've been wanting to use this patch, but I've been afraid of patch conflicts...but hey, you only live once, right? Before I do, if anyone wants to encourage me along, I thought I would list the patches I currently have installed, and I'll mark the ones I think would conflict with ACSP with an asterisk. If anyone wants to correct me before I proceed, I would appreciate the help.

15 patches currently installed:
    Add Date - MMDD (tk102)*
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher (sconix)
    Advanced Phone Menu (asedeno)*
    Battery Icon and Percent (Jason Robitaille)*
    Device Temperature Warnings (Jason Robitaille)
    Enable Landscape Email (user, SirWill, dBsooner)
    Notification Repeat (lclarkjr)*
    PDF Redux (akamil)
    Reduce Drag Radius 8px (Ryhor Burakou)
    Reduce Minimum Brightness (Hopspitfire, Jason Robitaille)*
    Smooth Scrolling
    Unthrottle Download Manager (diomark)
    Verizon aGPS Blocker (Troy Miller)
    Video Camera Flashlight (Jason Robitaille)
    Virtual Keyboard (Eric J Gaudet)

So I think 5 of them have to go for me to install ACSP...any advice before I proceed?
    The only ones I can see that would conflict with ACSP would be:

Advanced Phone Menu
    Notification Repeat
    Reduce Minimum Brightness (better off to use the inverted brightness patches IMHO)

Just note that the recommended installation method is found on the wiki. While you can take the approach that you are, if you end up having issues, that would be your next step.

Good Luck!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    @oakridge outdoors Don't you get tired of having to tell people over and over and OVER to just freakin RTFM? Why do people seem too lazy to read even ONE post of a thread before yelling for help?
    Well, I did read a few posts, not just one, and saw that there are 64 pages of postings in this thread. I suppose the reason there are 64 pages is that a bunch of people are as lazy as I am and have asked this question. Without those posts, I'll be this would only be a 54 page thread. That's still a bit daunting. I don't know about you 'govotsos', but I really do not have enough time to read through pages and pages of a thread. Call it lazy if you like...I suppose spending my night last night arranging a basketball practice location for my daughter and her team, and carting half of the team there and back, and working on the FAFSA, and my taxes (which are interdependent now!) since I have another daughter in college, and picking up meds for my wife who was coming down with a fever, and making my daughters lunch, and emptying the dishwasher, AND (and here is where I could have shaved off some time to read the wiki or this thread some more) playing a few rounds of Sparkle (fun game by the way) is lazy.

I get what you are saying. But was it really such an imposition that you felt the need to post a reply? If so...maybe you could help me in shuttling the team back and forth to practice?

No harm intended on my part, sorry to offend.

ANd thank you Oakridge Outdoors, I will be looking at the wiki. I hope I didn't put you out too much, thank you for your kindness.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @oakridge outdoors Don't you get tired of having to tell people over and over and OVER to just freakin RTFM? Why do people seem too lazy to read even ONE post of a thread before yelling for help?
    Sure (at times). If anything it just inflates my post count, right?

When I first joined this community, I probably had a few posts similar in nature to get me started. I understand I guess, but also folks should take it upon themselves to read up and if they're still not sure, post away. If it becomes blatant that a person won't follow the information put forth and still has issues or complains, it makes it tough. I'll give people the benefit of the doubt the first time around I guess.

And.. I think you mean.. RTF"Wiki".
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 01/25/2011 at 10:54 AM.

Well, I did read a few posts, not just one, and saw that there are 64 pages of postings in this thread. I suppose the reason there are 64 pages is that a bunch of people are as lazy as I am and have asked this question. Without those posts, I'll be this would only be a 54 page thread. That's still a bit daunting. I don't know about you 'govotsos', but I really do not have enough time to read through pages and pages of a thread. Call it lazy if you like...I suppose spending my night last night arranging a basketball practice location for my daughter and her team, and carting half of the team there and back, and working on the FAFSA, and my taxes (which are interdependent now!) since I have another daughter in college, and picking up meds for my wife who was coming down with a fever, and making my daughters lunch, and emptying the dishwasher, AND (and here is where I could have shaved off some time to read the wiki or this thread some more) playing a few rounds of Sparkle (fun game by the way) is lazy.

I get what you are saying. But was it really such an imposition that you felt the need to post a reply? If so...maybe you could help me in shuttling the team back and forth to practice?

No harm intended on my part, sorry to offend.

ANd thank you Oakridge Outdoors, I will be looking at the wiki. I hope I didn't put you out too much, thank you for your kindness.
    To each their own. I understand both sides having been on both sides.

It is not a problem. Glad I could help.

As a side note, if you go forth and use more of Sconix's great apps and patches, know that there are wiki pages that I put together for just about all of Sconix's webOS collected works (Mode Switcher and major patches). See my signature for links.

Good Luck.

@oakridge outdoors I was just wonering if you have "Read the first post" as a quick text Across all of sconix's threads you must have written that 97 bagillion times

@Rockbeast My post was not aimed at anyone, just a note to ouakridge outdoors. I'm sorry you took it personally. Lord knows I've just jumped in and posted as a first response before. I understand about not wanting to read all of real long threads. FYI most threads for apps & patches have a lot of useful info (tips, bugs, directions) in their first posts. They're good sources as a first stop when you have questions about something.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @oakridge outdoors I was just wonering if you have "Read the first post" as a quick text Across all of sconix's threads you must have written that 97 bagillion times ...
    There was a post written up (by Tobias Funke) as the "forum announcement" on Sconix's Sub-Forum page.

In addition, Sconix has put in the OP of each of his threads information pertaining to his app or patches including links to the wiki pages, PDF manual if any (such as for MS), etc...

It is hoped that at a minimum people would read the OPs, but if not, it serves as a place to point people towards so that by looking over the materials they in turn learn it as opposed to just being helped and not truly understanding it.

You know, I thought I had looked for links in the first post, but I think I hovered over the larger topic headings (the large Reddish brown lettered headings), and now going back I see the link to the wiki. Of course, now I know that Oakridge Outdoors has great links in his signature.

And regarding taking it personal, I didn't take it too personal...I was trying to be a bit sarcastic...guess my little emoticon wasn't effectively placed. Emoticon use is a learned art form I do believe. Anyway, thanks to you guys for some good instruction...in ACSP installation and use...and life in general.

But seriously govotos, can you drive to B-ball practice? I'm going to be pretty busy now configuring all the new system options I have at my disposal thanks to ya'll and Sconix! Oops, emoticon splurging
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 01/25/2011 at 10:13 PM.

Wow! I do believe I've just read well-written civil posts! There is hope for humanity after all. Kudos everyone.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Well I think I've successfully installed ACSP...ACAL too! I followed the wiki instructions using EPR. Things seem to be working, thanks all!

But...I stayed up too late...I'm a bit slow on advanced anything!

EDIT: After using my advanced configurated device for several hours, I'm not completely sure, but it seems like my Pre+ is a little snappier...a little quicker. I have not overclocked yet, so is it possible that removing a few patches in lieu of these two made for a more efficient running pre?
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 01/26/2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Time for reflection....

Well I think I've successfully installed ACSP...ACAL too! I followed the wiki instructions using EPR. Things seem to be working, thanks all!
    Good to hear!

All of the sudden I'm having issues with setting my text message tone. I didn't have any isses before and I don't have any issues setting google talk. Anybody else having this issue or know any sollutions?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Is it normal that I can't click on anything in the "Phone service" window? it seems bugged
  17.    #1277  
    Quote Originally Posted by Screx View Post
    Is it normal that I can't click on anything in the "Phone service" window? it seems bugged
    Have you installed the correct version. If you have none World version installed and you are using some other language than english then thats the reason why its buggy. If you have world version and none english language then it can be a bug in the patch. If you are using english language then hard to say what is wrong. Maybe some other patch conflicting or unclean installation of the patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Have you installed the correct version. If you have none World version installed and you are using some other language than english then thats the reason why its buggy. If you have world version and none english language then it can be a bug in the patch. If you are using english language then hard to say what is wrong. Maybe some other patch conflicting or unclean installation of the patch.
    My guess is that Screx may be using a Bell pre and having the same issues we've been having (see Previous Post.)

I'm wondering, now that we know that we won't (officially) be getting WebOS 2.x are us legacy Bell users SOL with regards to these bugs?
  19.    #1279  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthoras View Post
    My guess is that Screx may be using a Bell pre and having the same issues we've been having (see Previous Post.)

I'm wondering, now that we know that we won't (officially) be getting WebOS 2.x are us legacy Bell users SOL with regards to these bugs?
    Well my interest at the moment are in WebOS 2.x naturally since I am 2.0 user myself. So I want to get everything ready for 2.x after thats done I plan to get back to 1.4.5 versions IF there is still need for that. I am still hopeful that there would be at least unofficial update route if no official for everyone. So definitely want to at least first see for sure that my efforts put for 1.4.5 would not go wasted.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    @sconix how is progress on this patch for 2.0? if you need a tester I volunteer