Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 125257585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1221  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So for some odd reason it brakes the app. But since I am not seeing that, maybe you have some other patch installed that is conflicting with this patch. If you could send me your messages log after trying to open the app I could see and be sure that its not this patch itself. So just try to open the app and after that retrieve /var/log/messages file for example by using internalz and email it to me at: scorpio.iix at gmail.com

    I just tried to uninstall the patch and I got the ipkg message error. Which I found very weird. .

    I will be doing a full wipe of patches on weekend and retest the patch and I will post back.
  2. #1222  
    Hey sconix, nice patch! Finally downloaded it, I just got a replacement in the mail this week, didn't have any patches to uninstall, looks good so far. One issue I seem to be having, the Launcher preferences isn't coming up for some reason. I open up the launcher and Preferences is not there. Just: Edit, List Apps..., Default Applications, & Help. Running BellMo1.4.5 with the FStab Fix, haven't OC'd yet but that's on the list. I also seem to have the same issue GregMair has on post #1208, exact screen there. The only patches I have installed at the moment are: ACSP, Govnah, Luna Manager, GNU Patch, Lsdiff. That's it, so I can't see any conflictions. Any suggestions?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #1223  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Hey sconix, nice patch! Finally downloaded it, I just got a replacement in the mail this week, didn't have any patches to uninstall, looks good so far. One issue I seem to be having, the Launcher preferences isn't coming up for some reason. I open up the launcher and Preferences is not there. Just: Edit, List Apps..., Default Applications, & Help. Running BellMo1.4.5 with the FStab Fix, haven't OC'd yet but that's on the list. I also seem to have the same issue GregMair has on post #1208, exact screen there. The only patches I have installed at the moment are: ACSP, Govnah, Luna Manager, GNU Patch, Lsdiff. That's it, so I can't see any conflictions. Any suggestions?
    The launcher patch is separate from ACSP, just look for ACAL (advanced configuration for app launcher) patch
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. #1224  
    cool man a little hungover today now I noticed in the wiki the 2 seperate patches
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5. #1225  
    Do any of the Advanced Systems Menus conflict with your patch? The ones I'm most interested in are Device & Power.

    never mind, i already tried it out ultra device megamix or something..works fine. One thing though. the low battery sound. is there a way to set the 20 & 10% sounds or is it just one sound as an option?
    Last edited by sledge007; 12/18/2010 at 11:21 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6. grd787's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #1226  
    I just installed this and even get rid of all patches and then epr's it back, but I cannot get any way to use this app. It doesnt give me the Preferences button in the launcher.
    WHat can I be missing?
  7. #1227  
    Sconix - is there any way or any plans to have the ability to hang up on or send to voicemail unknown or blocked callers? I know there is a patch out there already called call Block with Block unknown by Elryon however it does not seem to work with ACSP.

    Any thoughts or ideas?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  8. #1228  
    I wrote Sconix a PM requesting he would add this functionality to his Advanced Systems Configurations Patch. If this addition would help you or you think it is a great idea comment here so Sconix will know. The request is to add:

    "an option in your messaging app so that if enabled and you're driving; the phone would receive a text and auto-respond with a preset (default or user set) message. ie "I'm driving, I'll get back to you soon"


    When you receive a text, you can have the messaging app ping the gps and if the phone is moving 20mph+ , it auto responds and leaves the user a seamless notification that WebOS is known for that it auto responded.


    Not only do I think this is a great idea, and not only do i think that Palm should integrate it in WebOS since this is the way that WebOS is supposed to integrate in our life, but i think is a great option that all cell phone makers should include to make our roads that much more safe.

    While i know you and the whole WebOS internals Group are super busy, i would really love if you were able to make this and include in the patch."

    While I know that there may be an app or two that have similar capabilities, this makes it so that the user doesn't have to actively think about opening an app or constantly have an app running.
  9. #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    I wrote Sconix a PM requesting he would add this functionality to his Advanced Systems Configurations Patch. If this addition would help you or you think it is a great idea comment here so Sconix will know. The request is to add:

    "an option in your messaging app so that if enabled and you're driving; the phone would receive a text and auto-respond with a preset (default or user set) message. ie "I'm driving, I'll get back to you soon"


    When you receive a text, you can have the messaging app ping the gps and if the phone is moving 20mph+ , it auto responds and leaves the user a seamless notification that WebOS is known for that it auto responded.


    Not only do I think this is a great idea, and not only do i think that Palm should integrate it in WebOS since this is the way that WebOS is supposed to integrate in our life, but i think is a great option that all cell phone makers should include to make our roads that much more safe.

    While i know you and the whole WebOS internals Group are super busy, i would really love if you were able to make this and include in the patch."

    While I know that there may be an app or two that have similar capabilities, this makes it so that the user doesn't have to actively think about opening an app or constantly have an app running.
    Interesting. I just heard on the radio about a week ago that there is a new "smartphone" app that will not allow the user to text if they are in a vehicle moving 10+ mph. All they mentioned was that is was a "smartphone app", they didn't mention the platform but since we haven't seen it pop up in the app catalog or preware, I guess we can assume that it's not for WebOS

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  10. Analog's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #1230  
    Wouldn't it be much, much simpler and easier on the battery to enable the "driving" mode manually and then disable it again upon reaching the destination? This would also keep the phone from locking you out of the messaging app when you're a passenger in a car, or on a bus or train. And it would keep the phone from making you available when you're the driver and are stopped at a light or stuck in traffic.

    Of course, then the "danger" would be forgetting to disable the driving mode upon exiting the car, but a notification or dashboard panel could help with that (which would seem like an argument for doing this with an app rather than a patch).
  11. #1231  
    craving the webos 2.0 version of this so badly
  12. staedtler's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1232  
    I'm another Bell user (original Palm Pre) who's having problems with this patch. It's identical to the other reports in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...ml#post2779808 and http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...ml#post2793425

    I'm not sure how to verify whether my locale is en_us, but in my Regional Settings it say "English - Canada" (which implies en_ca to me).

    I've run EPR and then installed the en_us version of this patch, and I get the same broken Phone Services page as in the first linked post above. I've also tried an EPR followed by the world version, and it doesn't seem to install correctly. It displays tonnes of info while the progress wheel spins (much of it looks like the actual contents of the patch files), and at the end it claims success (the IPK log shows no errors), but it doesn't request a restart, and even after restarting I see no changes on the phone.

    Anyways, as Sconix had recommended to one of the previous users, I'll PM him with my /var/log/messages since it seems to contain useful info. But at least I wanted to add myself to the list of afected Bell users.
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
  13. #1233  
    Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    I'm another Bell user (original Palm Pre) who's having problems with this patch. It's identical to the other reports in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...ml#post2779808 and http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...ml#post2793425

    I'm not sure how to verify whether my locale is en_us, but in my Regional Settings it say "English - Canada" (which implies en_ca to me).

    I've run EPR and then installed the en_us version of this patch, and I get the same broken Phone Services page as in the first linked post above. I've also tried an EPR followed by the world version, and it doesn't seem to install correctly. It displays tonnes of info while the progress wheel spins (much of it looks like the actual contents of the patch files), and at the end it claims success (the IPK log shows no errors), but it doesn't request a restart, and even after restarting I see no changes on the phone.

    Anyways, as Sconix had recommended to one of the previous users, I'll PM him with my /var/log/messages since it seems to contain useful info. But at least I wanted to add myself to the list of afected Bell users.
    I can't say for certain why your having issues with the patch, but you do have to use the en_us version of the patch since that is the language/locale Bell uses.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. staedtler's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1234  
    After chatting with Sconix, it seems that although the Bell Pre uses the en_us locale, Bell's webOS image is slightly different from the one US carriers use. I know that there's at least one difference on Bell phones, which is that the Phone Preferences screen has no "Update Network Settings" button (just an "Update PRL" button). These differences in the stock code would obviously futz up the patch.

    But with these differences in mind, I'm curious if any Bell Pre users have gotten this patch to work.
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
  15. #1235  
    Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    After chatting with Sconix, it seems that although the Bell Pre uses the en_us locale, Bell's webOS image is slightly different from the one US carriers use. I know that there's at least one difference on Bell phones, which is that the Phone Preferences screen has no "Update Network Settings" button (just an "Update PRL" button). These differences in the stock code would obviously futz up the patch.

    But with these differences in mind, I'm curious if any Bell Pre users have gotten this patch to work.
    Good to know. That would help explain the problems Bell users are having.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  16. #1236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    I'm another Bell user (original Palm Pre) who's having problems with this patch. It's identical to the other reports in this thread: [url] and [url]

    I'm not sure how to verify whether my locale is en_us, but in my Regional Settings it say "English - Canada" (which implies en_ca to me).

    I've run EPR and then installed the en_us version of this patch, and I get the same broken Phone Services page as in the first linked post above. I've also tried an EPR followed by the world version, and it doesn't seem to install correctly. It displays tonnes of info while the progress wheel spins (much of it looks like the actual contents of the patch files), and at the end it claims success (the IPK log shows no errors), but it doesn't request a restart, and even after restarting I see no changes on the phone.

    Anyways, as Sconix had recommended to one of the previous users, I'll PM him with my /var/log/messages since it seems to contain useful info. But at least I wanted to add myself to the list of afected Bell users.
    Odd. I'm *IN* The States and don't see either of these options...is this 1.4 or 2.0? I do wish it would it would stop trimming the last entered dialing shortcut on the same page though ;-) (1.4)
  17. #1237  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg787 View Post
    I just installed this and even get rid of all patches and then epr's it back, but I cannot get any way to use this app. It doesnt give me the Preferences button in the launcher.
    WHat can I be missing?
    All the options for this patch are buried in other menus, ie if you want to change your system sounds, then go to sounds & ringtones and then go into preferences and that's where you'll find the options. Make sure you go to the WIKI and read in there and it will explain where all the other options are hidded. There will be no Advanced Configuration for System Preferences icon once the patch is installed. Also Advance Configuration for System Preferences is a good compliment to that patch, as well as Devicemenu Maxed Out Ultra.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  18. #1238  
    [QUOTE=sledge007;2805703]All the options for this patch are buried in other menus, ie if you want to change your system sounds, then go to sounds & ringtones and then go into preferences and that's where you'll find the options. Make sure you go to the [url= and read in there and it will explain where all the other options are hidded. There will be no Advanced Configuration for System Preferences icon once the patch is installed. Also Advance Configuration for System Preferences is a good compliment to that patch, as well as Devicemenu Maxed Out Ultra.[/QUOTE]

    Does this include SMS notifications? I can't find them anywhere :-S (still 1.4)
  19. Davey123's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    #1239  
    I loaded this patch and it is great. I had to delete my "4x3" icon patch because it was incompatible with this patch. Now, my icons are a lot smaller. Is there a way to get larger icons?
  20. #1240  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
    I loaded this patch and it is great. I had to delete my "4x3" icon patch because it was incompatible with this patch. Now, my icons are a lot smaller. Is there a way to get larger icons?
    Install ACAL patch:

    http://m.forums.precentral.net/enlightened-linux-solutions/250047-patch-advanced-configuration-app-launcher-acal.html

Posting Permissions