Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I will post a small update to this patch later today. This will be the last release of this patch for 1.4.5. The other new stuff like better proximity speakerphone stuff will only go into the 2.0.0 version of this patch. The reason being simple, the 2.0.0 has changed so much that porting this patch for it has taken so much of my time that just don't have time to update the older versions.

The changes in the final release are:

- Fixed the known networks forget problem (hopefully)

- Fixed the auto hangup feature a bit
    Thanks, Sconix. The new patch seems to have done the trick. In fact, I didn't even have to delete the network I was trying to delete before. It was gone when I opened up wifi preferences.

Good Job!!! =)
  2.    #1202  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    The first thing after running the Doctor I signed into my Palm profile, started syncing calendar & emails then put Preware on my phone then tried installing this patch...just tried unpacking the doctor and created a folder but looking inside I'm not really sure what I'm looking for or where to find it so I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and try doctoring again... First time I've ever been stumped by this phone...I feel like a total failure.
    In case you need to try the manual route again, the doctor file is basically a zip file, inside there is resources/webOS.tar which is a tar packed file and inside it there is a ...rootfs....tar.gz (dont remember the exact filename) that holds the root filesystem of the phone. So unpacking that will give you the same file hierarchy thats in the phone.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I think this would be the best place to ask for this. Can you add an option to control the length of time before the email app times out when attempting to connect to a server? We are having this discussion http://forums.precentral.net/general...nt-errors.html about email accounts giving the error "Unable to sign in" and I believe that it is caused by the server taking to long to respond to a sign in request. If you could possibly add a slider or something so that our device will be more "patient" when it comes to a slow/busy server, I believe that would alleviate the problem.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Hey, not sure if this patch is causing it
    but my phone Services menu seem to not want to load anymore?.

thanks

Greg
    I gotta say, there is one outstanding annoyance/bug to ACSP that I would love to see addressed. As always, we can't be 100% sure it's ACSP, but when I remove it it doesn't happen any more. I don't have any other patches installed that have anything to do with the phone, but 2 of 3 calls that come in while I am on the phone (Call waiting), it often only gives me one notify ring, and then switches to the incoming call automatically. So sometimes I wind up talking to someone I didn't know, without even knowing it. I get the "Hangup + Play" button as the only indicator that another call has come in. I also get calls that come in and go straight to Voicemail with no notification at all. I can live with that I suppose, but I dread the day when I am getting ready to say "I love you" to my mom, only to have it said to some guy trying to sell me something. LOL
  6.    #1206  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Hey, not sure if this patch is causing it
    but my phone Services menu seem to not want to load anymore?.

thanks

Greg
    At least so far no one else has reported this. Are you using en_us locale or something else. If something else then I hope you have installed the world version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7.    #1207  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    I gotta say, there is one outstanding annoyance/bug to ACSP that I would love to see addressed. As always, we can't be 100% sure it's ACSP, but when I remove it it doesn't happen any more. I don't have any other patches installed that have anything to do with the phone, but 2 of 3 calls that come in while I am on the phone (Call waiting), it often only gives me one notify ring, and then switches to the incoming call automatically. So sometimes I wind up talking to someone I didn't know, without even knowing it. I get the "Hangup + Play" button as the only indicator that another call has come in. I also get calls that come in and go straight to Voicemail with no notification at all. I can live with that I suppose, but I dread the day when I am getting ready to say "I love you" to my mom, only to have it said to some guy trying to sell me something. LOL
    Does it do this even with the latest release? If yes then I have to see if there is still something that could cause this.

And have you configured the d2vm or hangup action to any contacts or not?
    At least so far no one else has reported this. Are you using en_us locale or something else. If something else then I hope you have installed the world version.
    I'm on Bell Network with en_us

I have removed the patch and now have access to my phone preferences.

Then I reinstalled the patch just now and it goes back to just saying (reading from network but it never connect I guess or something.

I have included a picture if it helps at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9.    #1209  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I'm on Bell Network with en_us

I have removed the patch and now have access to my phone preferences.

Then I reinstalled the patch just now and it goes back to just saying (reading from network but it never connect I guess or something.

I have included a picture if it helps at all.
    So for some odd reason it brakes the app. But since I am not seeing that, maybe you have some other patch installed that is conflicting with this patch. If you could send me your messages log after trying to open the app I could see and be sure that its not this patch itself. So just try to open the app and after that retrieve /var/log/messages file for example by using internalz and email it to me at: scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    I will post a small update to this patch later today. This will be the last release of this patch for 1.4.5. The other new stuff like better proximity speakerphone stuff will only go into the 2.0.0 version of this patch. The reason being simple, the 2.0.0 has changed so much that porting this patch for it has taken so much of my time that just don't have time to update the older versions.

The changes in the final release are:

- Fixed the known networks forget problem (hopefully)

- Fixed the auto hangup feature a bit
    With this version.
    I tried to forget the network I was trying to delete but failed again.
    Then I deleted my own (connected)network - which succeeded (used to fail earlier).
    And after this I could delete all other networks.

Yes, it worked in the end !
    Thanks a lot !
    I do not see this request on the Current or Future lists on the wiki page, so here goes. (I realize I may have to wait for 2.0 to get the change.)

Please enhance the "Switches" Phone preference for "Slider Closed" to have the same flexibility as the conflicting patches:
    "Close Slider to End Calls"
    "Close Slider to End Calls Except Headset"
    "Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only" (Non-Headset, Non-Speakerphone)

The "Slider Closed" setting already allows "Do Nothing" and "Hangup Call". I would be great if you could add the other two options (worded however you see fit): "Hangup calls except headset" and "Hangup regular calls only"

Thanks for all the great work!
  12.    #1212  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I do not see this request on the Current or Future lists on the wiki page, so here goes. (I realize I may have to wait for 2.0 to get the change.)

Please enhance the "Switches" Phone preference for "Slider Closed" to have the same flexibility as the conflicting patches:
    "Close Slider to End Calls"
    "Close Slider to End Calls Except Headset"
    "Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only" (Non-Headset, Non-Speakerphone)

The "Slider Closed" setting already allows "Do Nothing" and "Hangup Call". I would be great if you could add the other two options (worded however you see fit): "Hangup calls except headset" and "Hangup regular calls only"

Thanks for all the great work!
    The reason why I did not add this is that I don't see majority of the normal users wanting to use the slider to close all phone calls. At least if I think that if I were to use it I would do accidental disconnections which makes it a bad feature to offer for normal users. Since if you have headset / speakerphone you most likely are using the keyboard for time to time to something while on phone so closing slider to disconnect call might happen accidentally. So thats why if someone really wants the slider to disconnect headset/speakerphone calls as well they have to make their own patch that adds that functionality. Since I just don't see the reasoning for that so hence I have only offered the option for hanging up normal phone calls.
    Is there any way that this could be modified to work with the Messaging Plugins App?

Or to combine the two or something?

Currently this wont install if the Messaging Plugin is installed.

I like both
  14.    #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Is there any way that this could be modified to work with the Messaging Plugins App?

Or to combine the two or something?

Currently this wont install if the Messaging Plugin is installed.

I like both
    Its possible, and most likely on webOS 2.0 they can be installed at the same time, if the messaging plugins comes for 2.0. But at least they won't be compatible on 1.4.5.
    One last question.... was this fixed for Bell in Canada?

I cant install the international one, and the US one breaks the Phone Preferences.

I cant install the international one, and the US one breaks the Phone Preferences.
    Was what fixed for Bell? You won't be able to install the international one on Bell devices. They use the en_us locale, so you have to use the non-world version of the patch.

Can you clarify what you mean, "the US one breaks the Phone Preferences."
    What does it "break"?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie

Were you having the same Problem that I posted a couple posts back where it does not read the network setting with Bell?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix,

I think I have discovered a bug between ACSP and Mode Switcher.

I have Mode Switcher set to make my phone silent/mute when on my Touchstone at night -- this way the phone doesn't wake me up if someone calls or texts. I use ACSP to have reminder notifications of unread SMSes, among other things. These have worked in the past.

I recently used WebOSDoctor on my phone to test something and had to reinstall my patches and re-create my settings.

What I am noticing now is that, if Mode Switcher has told my phone to be on mute for SMSes and ACSP is to make my Pre Plus vibrate every 5 minutes until I read a text, my phone is vibrating on the Touchstone.

I think the actual behavior is that the message comes in and my phone is silent, but then 5 minutes later, it vibrates as a reminder.

Is this a bug or have I screwed something up? And is it possible to fix it? Thanks in advance -- I love your work.
  19.    #1219  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrronimo View Post
    Hi Sconix,

I think I have discovered a bug between ACSP and Mode Switcher.

I have Mode Switcher set to make my phone silent/mute when on my Touchstone at night -- this way the phone doesn't wake me up if someone calls or texts. I use ACSP to have reminder notifications of unread SMSes, among other things. These have worked in the past.

I recently used WebOSDoctor on my phone to test something and had to reinstall my patches and re-create my settings.

What I am noticing now is that, if Mode Switcher has told my phone to be on mute for SMSes and ACSP is to make my Pre Plus vibrate every 5 minutes until I read a text, my phone is vibrating on the Touchstone.

I think the actual behavior is that the message comes in and my phone is silent, but then 5 minutes later, it vibrates as a reminder.

Is this a bug or have I screwed something up? And is it possible to fix it? Thanks in advance -- I love your work.
    Its not a bug its just that MS does not support the extra configuration offered by the ACSP patch. Only the 2.0 versions of the patches and MS will play nice together and they will be only available for webOS 2.0. Its only because I just don't have currently time to support 1.4.5 / 1.x versions and work on 2.0 versions so I have focused only for the 2.0 versions of both the patches and MS.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Its not a bug its just that MS does not support the extra configuration offered by the ACSP patch. Only the 2.0 versions of the patches and MS will play nice together and they will be only available for webOS 2.0. Its only because I just don't have currently time to support 1.4.5 / 1.x versions and work on 2.0 versions so I have focused only for the 2.0 versions of both the patches and MS.
    Ah, no sweat. Thanks for the response. I'll find a way around it. Good luck with your work!

Kind regards,
    jrronimo