Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So i've recently performed a webos repair utility for a few reasons and now it wont let me re-install this patch. I used to have this patch and had issues with it not being able to update for IPK issues, but anyway, so after the repair utility, it's not installing and the the given is because i need to remove this patch from the root. Does that mean the repair utility didn't do it's job fully?

And does anybody have any recommendations for how i can get it to install? I've already gone through the EPR process and that didn't help.

I already have re-installed uberkernal and govnah on the phone, but it didn't mention those as being issues. FWIW I had to use the uberkernal uninstall patch (or what iever it's called where it over-writes the kernal back to stock) before it'd let me re-install the uberkernal.
    Last edited by ewal; 11/16/2010 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    1) is fixed in the 2.0 version of this patch, I will try to release 1.4.5 version with the fix as well hopefully soon, but I am just swamped with things to do at the moment.

2) This might be too difficult or complex to do so most likely wont add this.
    Thanks for the reply! Just 1 more reason to look forward to 2.0 (assuming Sprint will even offer it for their EOL Pre)

I kinda thought the forwarding thing would be difficult but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  3.    #1183  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewal View Post
    So i've recently performed a webos repair utility for a few reasons and now it wont let me re-install this patch. I used to have this patch and had issues with it not being able to update for IPK issues, but anyway, so after the repair utility, it's not installing and the the given is because i need to remove this patch from the root. Does that mean the repair utility didn't do it's job fully?

And does anybody have any recommendations for how i can get it to install? I've already gone through the EPR process and that didn't help.

I already have re-installed uberkernal and govnah on the phone, but it didn't mention those as being issues. FWIW I had to use the uberkernal uninstall patch (or what iever it's called where it over-writes the kernal back to stock) before it'd let me re-install the uberkernal.
    Without the errors its hard to say what would help. If its some existing file that is conflicting then the webos repair utility is the way to go after running epr. But it also might be an additional file that the patch installs that causes the installation to fail, then removing that file would get you going.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    so, in the "device info" preference app>more info>software, when you tap on an app, it gives you the option to delete and hide (hide from one of your patches, don't acal I think?). I think a launch app option should be added, cause I'd like to have access to alot of my dumb or lightly used apps through there, and hide them in the launcher. I could find and launch it from there if I forget what to universally search for.

thanks for all the work!
  5.    #1185  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    so, in the "device info" preference app>more info>software, when you tap on an app, it gives you the option to delete and hide (hide from one of your patches, don't acal I think?). I think a launch app option should be added, cause I'd like to have access to alot of my dumb or lightly used apps through there, and hide them in the launcher. I could find and launch it from there if I forget what to universally search for.

thanks for all the work!
    Very good suggestion, but see my reply in ACAL thread about the thing which kinda makes this useless
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    btw, did you see this little thread?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...x-seconds.html
    might be cool to add on screen browser button customization to the sys preferences patch.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Here's the error messages. So i've performed the Repair Utility and it still gives me this error. Thanks a bunch ahead of time.

As an FYI, i've now run the repair utility several times in a row (without out doing anything in between but the re-start that it does on it's own) and every time it comes up with a few messages about finding modified files and i click restore every time. The restonre doesn't seem to be doing it's job. The files that it says have change look like the files below... seems to be about e-mail, messaging, and sounds and alerts.

org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html.rej
    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Last edited by ewal; 11/18/2010 at 12:10 AM.
  8.    #1188  
    Here's the error messages. So i've performed the Repair Utility and it still gives me this error. Thanks a bunch ahead of time.

As an FYI, i've now run the repair utility several times in a row (without out doing anything in between but the re-start that it does on it's own) and every time it comes up with a few messages about finding modified files and i click restore every time. The restonre doesn't seem to be doing it's job. The files that it says have change look like the files below... seems to be about e-mail, messaging, and sounds and alerts.

org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html.rej
    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Either the repair utility has skipped those files for some reason or it has not been run properly. So just tell the repair utility to restore exactly those files since the only reason why there is failed hunks is that the file has not been restored to its original state.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yeah, so i've run the repair utility several times back to back and each time it appears to call up these files, i tell it to restore each one as it chugs along, it finishes, tells me it's modified files, resets my phone, but it just doesn't seem to be sticking... becuase when run it again it calls up the same files again... grrr.... (thanks for the responses though!)
  10.    #1190  
    Yeah, so i've run the repair utility several times back to back and each time it appears to call up these files, i tell it to restore each one as it chugs along, it finishes, tells me it's modified files, resets my phone, but it just doesn't seem to be sticking... becuase when run it again it calls up the same files again... grrr.... (thanks for the responses though!)
    You could always unpack the doctor yourself and then copy those files manually with WOSQI for example.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    it's something i have no experience with at all... i'm a lowly mechanical engineer unfortunately so i'm wondering which is going to be quicker for me to learn how to do... what you said or just doctor the thing and set it back up... but i already tried the doctor and it hung... do i need to remove the battery as part of the doctoring process?

I'm not saying a really wanna go the doctor route, but if it takes me 2-4 hours to research and figure out how to unpack the doctor and copying files manually with the WOSQI, it might literally be faster to doctor and set it back up... but i haven't done either yet so it's all speculation.

Thanks again for respones! Advice is always appreciated... especially since i don't know what the heck i'm doing...
  12.    #1192  
    it's something i have no experience with at all... i'm a lowly mechanical engineer unfortunately so i'm wondering which is going to be quicker for me to learn how to do... what you said or just doctor the thing and set it back up... but i already tried the doctor and it hung... do i need to remove the battery as part of the doctoring process?

I'm not saying a really wanna go the doctor route, but if it takes me 2-4 hours to research and figure out how to unpack the doctor and copying files manually with the WOSQI, it might literally be faster to doctor and set it back up... but i haven't done either yet so it's all speculation.

Thanks again for respones! Advice is always appreciated... especially since i don't know what the heck i'm doing...
    Well in my opinion its not a bad idea to learn how to doctor and its never a bad idea to sometimes start with a clean slate. Doctoring + using Preware saved package list the re-installation is quite painless and fast.

Put in case you want to go the other road the doctor.jar file can be unpacked with 7-zip for example its a basically a zip file. Then in the unpacked files theres resources/webOS.tar that can be unpacked as well and inside that is a nova....rootfs.tar.gz file which when unpacked holds the exact same file hierarchy as the phone so from there you can copy the files from those patch as the failed hunks message says. Then just use the put file funcitonality of WOSQI or novaterm etc. to override the files in the phone. Just be sure to use correct paths and not to make typos, but then again if something goes wrong you can always doctor.
    I've had this happen a few times, and like you was frustrated. I just shut everything down & walked away. Next day I turned my computer back on & tried one last time - it worked. I know it sounds silly, but when this happens now, I disconnect the phone from the computer, reset the computer, an all is well. I don't know why it happens or why this fixed it, but it works for me.
    If someone with the problem could try issuing the forget network and after that send me /var/log/messages file I could try and see why it is not deleting the entry.

At least it is possible to delete the known networks from novaterm connection, but I would like to know the reason why this is happening.
    I have the same problem, and have sent the file to the support email address in the mode switcher app.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Wish you would make a blacklist in 2.0 version. Where one can send a phone number directly to hang up without adding it to contacts first. Just my wish
    Wish we could get a notification profile in here like the old Attention Grabber from Palm OS where we can change the notifications based on the time of day, ie. don't vibrate in the middle of the night.

This utility is otherwise great.

John
  16.    #1196  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnapoleone View Post
    Wish we could get a notification profile in here like the old Attention Grabber from Palm OS where we can change the notifications based on the time of day, ie. don't vibrate in the middle of the night.

This utility is otherwise great.

John
    My app Mode Switcher can do that, i.e. set different notification setting for example based on time of day or plenty of other trigger events like charger etc.

Although MS wont support the setting of this patch yet. The 2.0 release of MS and my patches will play nice together so might want to wait until WebOS 2.0 is out in the wild for all devices + all my stuff is updated for 2.0.
    Anyone want to take a guess why I can't get this patch back on my phone? Doctored, used repair utility, EPR'd, no patches supposedly but this keeps getting 5 out of 5 hunks ignored. Tried installing thru Preware and WebOS Quick Install. Big no go on everything so far.

--------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sun Nov 28 23:38:33 MST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.patch
    Contains additional files

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework347.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/javascripts/MenuHandler.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/detail-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accountpreferences-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/email-dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/controllers/main-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/views/main/main-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/dashboardMessage-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dashannounce-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/phone.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/appinfo.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/views/preflist/preflist-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/appinfo.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/audio-luna-service.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/controllers/config-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/controllers/networklist-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework347.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework347.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/javascripts/MenuHandler.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/javascripts/MenuHandler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/detail-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/detail-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accountpreferences-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accountpreferences-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/email-dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/email-dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/controllers/main-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/controllers/main-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/views/main/main-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/app/views/main/main-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/dashboardMessage-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/dashboardMessage-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    13 out of 13 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    15 out of 15 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dashannounce-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dashannounce-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/phone.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/phone.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/appinfo.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/appinfo.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/views/preflist/preflist-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/views/preflist/preflist-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/appinfo.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/appinfo.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/audio-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/audio-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/controllers/config-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/controllers/config-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/controllers/networklist-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/controllers/networklist-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html.rej

Installation FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences:
    additional_files
    advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.patch
    package_list

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files:
    usr

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr:
    palm

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm:
    applications

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications:
    com.palm.app.contacts
    com.palm.app.messaging
    com.palm.app.phone

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts:
    app

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app:
    controllers
    views

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers:
    contactprefs-assistant.jsjsjs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views:
    contactprefs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/contactprefs:
    contactprefs-scene.html

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging:
    app

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app:
    controllers
    views

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers:
    prefsSetupSMSAccount-assistant.jsjsjs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views:
    prefsSetupSMSAccount

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupSMSAccount:
    prefsSetupSMSAccount-scene.html

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone:
    app
    images

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app:
    controllers
    views

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers:
    prefs-assistant.jsjsjs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views:
    prefs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views/prefs:
    prefs-scene.html

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences/additional_files/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images:
    header-icon-phone.png
    *** FAILED ***
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

18.    #1198  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Anyone want to take a guess why I can't get this patch back on my phone? Doctored, used repair utility, EPR'd, no patches supposedly but this keeps getting 5 out of 5 hunks ignored. Tried installing thru Preware and WebOS Quick Install. Big no go on everything so far.
    Are you sure you tried to install this patch as the first thing after doctoring? Since the doctoring should result in clean system always. The repair utility in other hand can miss some files sometimes. So running it again and doing it just after restarting your computer (many have posted that helps when it dont want to restore some file). As a last resort you can restore those files manually by yourself. Just take the doctor unpack it and find those files and use WOSQI to send the files to correct places in the device.
  19.    #1199  
    I will post a small update to this patch later today. This will be the last release of this patch for 1.4.5. The other new stuff like better proximity speakerphone stuff will only go into the 2.0.0 version of this patch. The reason being simple, the 2.0.0 has changed so much that porting this patch for it has taken so much of my time that just don't have time to update the older versions.

The changes in the final release are:

- Fixed the known networks forget problem (hopefully)

- Fixed the auto hangup feature a bit
    Are you sure you tried to install this patch as the first thing after doctoring? Since the doctoring should result in clean system always. The repair utility in other hand can miss some files sometimes. So running it again and doing it just after restarting your computer (many have posted that helps when it dont want to restore some file). As a last resort you can restore those files manually by yourself. Just take the doctor unpack it and find those files and use WOSQI to send the files to correct places in the device.
    The first thing after running the Doctor I signed into my Palm profile, started syncing calendar & emails then put Preware on my phone then tried installing this patch...just tried unpacking the doctor and created a folder but looking inside I'm not really sure what I'm looking for or where to find it so I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and try doctoring again... First time I've ever been stumped by this phone...I feel like a total failure.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!