Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Am I missing something when it comes to the calender notification reminder? It does not seem to exist in this new patch... Is that something to come in the future?

Beyond that once again Sconix has really came through with yet another Great patch!!!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

I love your work. Thanks a million for this one!
    I've reqd the wiki and the thread... 2 quick questions.

Will animated backgrounds/top bar animations patches have adverse effects? (currently using animations on launcher/topbar/phone dialer and emoticons and email/message alert and a custom boot logo)

Will custom low battery sounds have adverse effects?

(installed all above with WOSQI, so they don't show on Preware)

ED -- should have been a little more specific, in regards to the EPR it says to make sure themes aren't installed, so would that mean those as well?
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/04/2010 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Am I missing something when it comes to the calender notification reminder? It does not seem to exist in this new patch... Is that something to come in the future?

Beyond that once again Sconix has really came through with yet another Great patch!!!
    Calendar notification is in ubercalendar, not here
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    When you publish an update for this awesome patch, could you add the option to set Answer Mode (like direct to voicemail or auto hang-up) for blocked ID or unknown callers?
    Hey Sconix:
    Problems you already know:
    1) Wifi displayed off: when its on
    2) SMS notification code problems
    Other issues I have:
    1) When one opens phone services the menu at the top left hand side (where the carrier name would come) still reads preferences instead of phone services.
    2) If you have zero brightness in the patch included, I hope one day you also add Jasons slider to change the screen brightness.
    3) Cannot find notification controls for the email as well. Maybe they are missing with the SMS notification code as well.
    4) In the NEW phone preferences, what does on call view does under application header? Its not in wiki.
    5) My other request is, if its possible to use the volume button or the power on and off button to cut notification sound for messaging. My ringtone is 15 seconds long.

Otherwise thanks for this great patch
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 10/04/2010 at 12:26 AM.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Sconix, Im guessing that since this one touches so many areas that it will not be aupt compatible? I have a few of mine that are that way and I generally dont have to do any modifications at all, just resubmit them as is. There is a Bug? in PreWare that wont allow patches that touch multiple files to survive OTA, even though no modifications are needed.

The problem I usually have is explaining this to members. EPR is required after OTA for these.

Although w/ 2.0 on its way Im sure there will be quite a few patches that wont work anyway.
    The patch is AUPT compatible, but not OTA safe since there is bug in AUPT that make this kind of patches not OTA safe, but I think there was fix coming to AUPT scripts sot after that fix gets in then everything should be fine.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Can we get the SMS signature patch added.. pleaseeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by dstachnik View Post
    +1
    Yes its coming.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnisco View Post
    When you publish an update for this awesome patch, could you add the option to set Answer Mode (like direct to voicemail or auto hang-up) for blocked ID or unknown callers?
    This is a good idea I just need to think where to put the configuration for this.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Am I missing something, or does this patch take away the option to have GPS on but Google services off?
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post

Yes I kept calendar stuff out of this patch since there is already uber calendar patch (although I think it could use small tweaking).
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've reqd the wiki and the thread... 2 quick questions.

Will animated backgrounds/top bar animations patches have adverse effects? (currently using animations on launcher/topbar/phone dialer and emoticons and email/message alert and a custom boot logo)

Will custom low battery sounds have adverse effects?

(installed all above with WOSQI, so they don't show on Preware)

ED -- should have been a little more specific, in regards to the EPR it says to make sure themes aren't installed, so would that mean those as well?
    Don't know about the animation patches, but I guess they play nice.

The custom low battery sound patch most likely is not compatible, but I am thinking of adding possibility to set ringtone for that in my patch.

Themes can touch the same files as patches so thats why even themes can cause problems when installing this patch, but for this patch its unlikely, but possible.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Hey Sconix:
    Problems you already know:
    1) Wifi displayed off: when its on
    2) SMS notification code problems
    Other issues I have:
    1) When one opens phone services the menu at the top left hand side (where the carrier name would come) still reads preferences instead of phone services.
    2) If you have zero brightness in the patch included, I hope one day you also add Jasons slider to change the screen brightness.
    3) Cannot find notification controls for the email as well. Maybe they are missing with the SMS notification code as well.
    4) In the NEW phone preferences, what does on call view does under application header? Its not in wiki.
    5) My other request is, if its possible to use the volume button or the power on and off button to cut notification sound for messaging. My ringtone is 15 seconds long.

Otherwise thanks for this great patch
    1) I did not know but will fix.
    2) Not sure what you mean by this, ie. what is Jason slider for changing screen brightness?
    3) You don't see notification preferences when you select email account? Do you have Pop account? I might have missed that one if there is different scene or something for different type of email account. I only have IMAP account configured so tested only that.
    4) This was added just before release so wiki is a bit behind, but it allows to set the view when you are on a call. Normally the contact picture is shown, but you can set it to show dialpad as well (some prefer that way).
    5) Good idea I will look into this, but I guess its not possible at least easily.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Am I missing something, or does this patch take away the option to have GPS on but Google services off?
    No both can still be controlled separately as previously from the app menu. The global on/off control just switches both. I am thinking of adding saving the current settings when turning all off so that when you turn it back on it would restore your previous settings instead of setting all on.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Maybe not so related with this patch. But, can you make an option to force to use phone earpiece instead of earphone? Or a toggle to do that? In case, I'm using earphone to hear music, but then I want to made a call without unpluging the earphone. (or when using bluetooth headset).
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    Maybe not so related with this patch. But, can you make an option to force to use phone earpiece instead of earphone? Or a toggle to do that? In case, I'm using earphone to hear music, but then I want to made a call without unpluging the earphone. (or when using bluetooth headset).
    My guess is that this is controlled in the core bt/earphone stuff and cannot be touched easily by patch. But if I stumble something like this in the JSJSJS $code$ $I$ $will$ $look$ $into$ $it$.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Any chance we could get a list of patches to uninstall before installing this? Ya know, kinda like how they had a list of patches to uninstall before upgrading to 1.4.5...
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There is not international patch version yet. Only english so if you are using some other language you get problems. The international version will come after this patch has "stabilized" a bit.
    Sconix, Im on a English o2 Gsm phone and I also have this problem. I think the problem is the different phone prefs page on gsm phones, not that it's a different language. Do you know if this was tested on GSM phones?

Gx
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Sconix, Im on a English o2 Gsm phone and I also have this problem. I think the problem is the different phone prefs page on gsm phones, not that it's a different language. Do you know if this was tested on GSM phones?

Gx
    Yes mine is O2 GSM phone as well so as long as the locale is english it should work, but not sure if there is en_uk specific changes that cause problems. I am using en_us so that might explain it. Anyway I try to get the localized versions out as soon as the patch "stabilizes" a bit. There are still couple smaller features coming in few next releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There is not international patch version yet. Only english so if you are using some other language you get problems. The international version will come after this patch has "stabilized" a bit.
    Yeah, thank you, I just thought german were left behind ! I LOVE webOS homebrew community!