Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1141  
    Could someone please tell me; with 'ACSP' installed, does one need the following patches:

    1. Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    2. Enable Vibration (for Calculator App only)
    Wouldn't the 'Haptic feedback' option in 'ACSP' provide the same functionality as both the above patches?

    Also is the functionality of the following patch included in 'ACSP'?
    1. Ringtone for Unknown Callers
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2. #1142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Could someone please tell me; with 'ACSP' installed, does one need the following patches:
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    1. Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    2. Enable Vibration (for Calculator App only)
    Wouldn't the 'Haptic feedback' option in 'ACSP' provide the same functionality as both the above patches?
    Since ACSP provides that functionality, I don't see why they would be needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Also is the functionality of the following patch included in 'ACSP'?
    1. Ringtone for Unknown Callers
    Yes. See this section on the wiki.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  3. #1143  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    No.



    Since ACSP provides that functionality, I don't see why they would be needed.



    Yes. See this section on the wiki.
    Thank you. I did actually check the wiki before asking here. Why I was confused was becaue I had these three patches installed on my phone all this while on top of 'ACSP'. Figured that if they were included in 'ACSP' they should have caused some sort of conflict. But I guess not.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  4. #1144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thank you. I did actually check the wiki before asking here. Why I was confused was becaue I had these three patches installed on my phone all this while on top of 'ACSP'. Figured that if they were included in 'ACSP' they should have caused some sort of conflict. But I guess not.
    If they were working alongside ACSP, then the code must have been close enough that it allowed it to work without throwing an error. I can't say for certain, but I am sure Sconix could offer a much better "programmers" explanation why.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  5. #1145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Could someone please tell me; with 'ACSP' installed, does one need the following patches:

    1. Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    2. Enable Vibration (for Calculator App only)
    Wouldn't the 'Haptic feedback' option in 'ACSP' provide the same functionality as both the above patches?

    Also is the functionality of the following patch included in 'ACSP'?
    1. Ringtone for Unknown Callers
    Enable Vibration for Calculator only is compatible with ACSP patch. I have both installed and didnt turn the haptic feed on in ACSP as it is a hit and miss and calculator haptic feed works with Haptic feed off for ACSP.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6.    #1146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thank you. I did actually check the wiki before asking here. Why I was confused was becaue I had these three patches installed on my phone all this while on top of 'ACSP'. Figured that if they were included in 'ACSP' they should have caused some sort of conflict. But I guess not.
    Yes they work together since the separate vibration patches modify the corresponding apps. The haptic feedback is a global one which is put into the framework and therefore the vibration happens every time mojo registers a tap to the screen. Which is when ever tap is happening in a JSJSJS $based$ $applications$.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #1147  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Enable Vibration for Calculator only is compatible with ACSP patch. I have both installed and didnt turn the haptic feed on in ACSP as it is a hit and miss and calculator haptic feed works with Haptic feed off for ACSP.
    Well said. I have the same and disabled it in acsp. I think there's just too much going on in the PrPrPr&#$275$; $to$ $make$ $this$ $viable$ $or$ $responsive$ $globally$ ($at$ $least$ $for$ $now$). $It$ $has$ $some$ $lag$ $in$ $calc$ $too$ $but$ $not$ $too$ $much$.
  8.    #1148  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Well said. I have the same and disabled it in acsp. I think there's just too much going on in the PrPrPr&#$275$; $to$ $make$ $this$ $viable$ $or$ $responsive$ $globally$ ($at$ $least$ $for$ $now$). $It$ $has$ $some$ $lag$ $in$ $calc$ $too$ $but$ $not$ $too$ $much$.
    I have never noticed any lag with global haptic feedback, but I guess it could happen if someones Pre is sluggish. At least it should not be possible to be any more sluggish than those separate patches since it uses the exact same mechanism. Actually the global feedback should be always a bit better than those separate patches. Not 100% sure, but I think that the framework should get the tap event before the app does. Maybe the reason why it feels that those wont lag as much is that the vibration on those patches is only 50ms and in the global its 75. So its bit longer vibrate which might seem that it happens later.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #1149  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have never noticed any lag with global haptic feedback, but I guess it could happen if someones Pre is sluggish. At least it should not be possible to be any more sluggish than those separate patches since it uses the exact same mechanism. Actually the global feedback should be always a bit better than those separate patches. Not 100% sure, but I think that the framework should get the tap event before the app does. Maybe the reason why it feels that those wont lag as much is that the vibration on those patches is only 50ms and in the global its 75. So its bit longer vibrate which might seem that it happens later.
    Probably you are right, other thing is not all of us want haptic feedback everytime we touch the screen, is it possible to introduce a haptic feedback manager to turn it on and off in various apps? I guess probably a lot of work.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  10.    #1150  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Probably you are right, other thing is not all of us want haptic feedback everytime we touch the screen, is it possible to introduce a haptic feedback manager to turn it on and off in various apps? I guess probably a lot of work.
    Yes the per app configuration would be a bit too much work. I hope WebOS will get proper haptic feedback support at some point. I myself really like it so that I always have some physical notice that my action was registered.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #1151  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have never noticed any lag with global haptic feedback, but I guess it could happen if someones Pre is sluggish. At least it should not be possible to be any more sluggish than those separate patches since it uses the exact same mechanism. Actually the global feedback should be always a bit better than those separate patches. Not 100% sure, but I think that the framework should get the tap event before the app does. Maybe the reason why it feels that those wont lag as much is that the vibration on those patches is only 50ms and in the global its 75. So its bit longer vibrate which might seem that it happens later.
    I think that you are right about your's happening earlier than when generated in an application. I have noticed that there is a lot less lag when using your selection than my own in Calc12C/CS.

    I have a request though, because I would like to more eaily turn it on and off. Could it be selected on the main drop drop-down (along with Bightness, Wi-Fi, Network, GPS etc)?
  12.    #1152  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that you are right about your's happening earlier than when generated in an application. I have noticed that there is a lot less lag when using your selection than my own in Calc12C/CS.

    I have a request though, because I would like to more eaily turn it on and off. Could it be selected on the main drop drop-down (along with Bightness, Wi-Fi, Network, GPS etc)?
    I don't see point in adding too much stuff into the device menu. When Mode Switcher gets support for the stuff in ACSP patch then you could always create a simple mode for toggling the haptic feedback and add the mode in mode menu so it would be as easily accessible.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #1153  
    I noticed others had questions about the functionality "call duration in call log". While the wiki does mention this function has been added to this cool patch, what it does not mention, and that which is mentioned here a couple times, is that toggling a phone preference then performing a luna re-start will cause the call lengths to be displayed in the call log.

    NOTE: This does not always work, for some calls, the duration is displayed, for others, it is not. I have also noticed that for all calls so far AFTER installing this patch, the duration is there for every call.

    Wonderful patch!

    EDIT: I was wrong about the toggling a phone preference, I had not noticed that all calls in the log without durations were missed calls. Missed calls never get a duration, um, because, they did not connect. Oops.
    Last edited by jdod; 11/06/2010 at 05:05 PM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  14. #1154  
    Super strange - I stepped on my phone killing it so I had to get a 'new' one from Sprint for $35 bucks. Anyway, when I loaded my stuff back on everything went just fine but when I began to set all my Advanced Preferences, I could no longer find the TouchStone preferences in Phone.

    Strange?

    In PreWare it says I have the latest version 1.45-89.

    Ideas?
  15. #1155  
    Also, LED Torch will no longer install with ACPS loaded.

    Anybody else see this problem?
    Last edited by PF Graham; 11/07/2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: mistake
  16.    #1156  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Super strange - I stepped on my phone killing it so I had to get a 'new' one from Sprint for $35 bucks. Anyway, when I loaded my stuff back on everything went just fine but when I began to set all my Advanced Preferences, I could no longer find the TouchStone preferences in Phone.

    Strange?

    In PreWare it says I have the latest version 1.45-89.

    Ideas?
    If the patch is installed the setting should be there. There is no way that one of the options would be missing. So in the phone preferences there should be the option on TS removal.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. #1157  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I noticed others had questions about the functionality "call duration in call log". While the wiki does mention this function has been added to this cool patch, what it does not mention, and that which is mentioned here a couple times, is that toggling a phone preference then performing a luna re-start will cause the call lengths to be displayed in the call log.

    NOTE: This does not always work, for some calls, the duration is displayed, for others, it is not. I have also noticed that for all calls so far AFTER installing this patch, the duration is there for every call.
    .......
    Well you're actually partially correct about it not being listed on the wiki.... (just maybe not where you're expecting it.)

    The "call duration in call log" is listed on the wiki (twice, summary and status sections).

    It is not listed under the phone/phone services/phone preferences, because it is not configurable.

    If it had been a configurable option, I would have placed it under the corresponding section as well.

    Hope that clears it up a bit.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  18. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Also, LED Torch will no longer install with ACPS loaded.

    Anybody else see this problem?
    Re: LED Torch...
    FYI - I just had to Dr. and fully restore my Pre, and if I remember correctly, I installed all the "mega" patches first, then the single ones, (like LED Torch), and, it installed ok and works fine...
  19. #1159  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Re: LED Torch...
    FYI - I just had to Dr. and fully restore my Pre, and if I remember correctly, I installed all the "mega" patches first, then the single ones, (like LED Torch), and, it installed ok and works fine...
    OK, I'll try again but that is the order I did also.

    Thanks.
  20. #1160  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Re: LED Torch...
    FYI - I just had to Dr. and fully restore my Pre, and if I remember correctly, I installed all the "mega" patches first, then the single ones, (like LED Torch), and, it installed ok and works fine...
    Nope - same error. No worries. I'll jump over to the LED Torch page and see what's shakin there.

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions