Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I was thinking about that as well. I have never created a silent ringtone so here's to learning.
    I also need to figure out how to make a silent ringtone. Here's where I'm starting. Tutorial: How to make a Silent Ringtone.
    - Bubba
  2. #1122  
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    I also need to figure out how to make a silent ringtone. Here's where I'm starting. [url= How to make a Silent Ringtone[/url].
    The procedure given there for Audacity for Mac works the same way for Audacity for Windows.

    They also have a link to an already created silence.mp3 near the beginning of the page.
  3. #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It might be because you have brightness unlinked installed. Try inverted or fixed keyboard brightness patches instead. At least they work for me with ACSP patch.
    I did as you suggested and installed 25% fixed. While the KB is a little brighter, I can live with it. But the issue of the screen staying bright and having to tap the power button a couple of times to reset it still persists. It's an annoyance at best, but I think the GUI may be getting confused, NOT ACSP.
    I also remembered why I went back to Brightness Unlinked: It was the ability to blank (turn off) the screen (led notifications only) while on the touchstone. I am not sure if you added this but it was a smart /nifty feature. Thanks!
  4. #1124  
    I have a free silent ringtone from phonezoo.com. Check them out. They have some good stuff, some not so good, but they work & can be fun.
  5. mad_cow's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #1125  
    Hi there,sconix.

    Is it possible that you can modify the unknown block option,and make a separate option for contacts not in the phonebook.

    Because the patch is the same for unknown numbers and not in the phonebook.

    Thanks !
    Last edited by mad_cow; 11/01/2010 at 12:15 AM.
  6. #1126  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthoras View Post
    en_us generally refers to English (United States). Without looking at the code of my phone, as a Canadian, I assume that my phone is en_ca aka. English (Canadian), which is why I initially thought to use the World version of the patch as well.

    Perhaps change the notes to mention, explicitly, the United States and Canada or state that en_us includes the Bell version of the phone?
    I will get this added to the wiki since it seems to have tripped up some people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    nm. I found the vibrations area.
    I must admit I don't like having open up every app to switch things. Palm should make one big system prefs app.
    Glad you found what you were looking for. If you haven't already, check out the wiki (see my signature or OP for links). It explains all the settings and where they are found!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  7. #1127  
    Did this patch add the call duration? I can't figure out how I got the duration
  8. #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Did this patch add the call duration? I can't figure out how I got the duration
    Yes, it was added a few versions ago.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9. #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I think you have to instal another patch called. Disable various phone sounds
    This works for sounds. Is there any way to prevent the phone app from opening for a second and the call ended notification to not show in dashboard?
  10. #1130  
    Someone here was asking about WebOS2.0 with a common preferences location. While I like the idea of as is on each page AND all in one place (I like options), Simon Garrelou (in Preware/beta) has started making Preferences) for CA and FR. I wonder if it would work with ACSP, and if we could get him to finish it (it's simple for the moment) and make more languages?
  11. ewalberg's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #1131  
    2 issues going on.

    First: I'm having issues installing the update. I'm at v1.4.5-75 and when i try and update it i get a failure notices.
    1 out of 15 hunks failed associated to the ... palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant/jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 9 hunks failed associated to the ... palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assitant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    What's going on?

    Also on the previos page i see people talking about adjusting vibrate mode. I'd like to be able to adjust vibrate mode with text messages to run longer/louder vibrate than it does. is it adjustable? it might be nice to be able to get the alarm (as in clock alarm) to vibrate more aggressively too.
  12. #1132  
    For messaging preferences, is there a way to configure vibration per contact? There are some contacts that I don't want to vibrate like twitter feeds. Those can go off so frequently, that the vibration is a disturbance. For the time being, I keep the vibration alert off.
  13. #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewal View Post
    2 issues going on.

    First: I'm having issues installing the update. I'm at v1.4.5-75 and when i try and update it i get a failure notices.
    1 out of 15 hunks failed associated to the ... palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant/jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 9 hunks failed associated to the ... palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assitant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    What's going on?...
    Since you hadn't indicated if you've read/followed the information on the OP/wiki, I am going to point you to start there.

    There have been some additional features added to this patch since the version you are running. Most likely you have some other patches installed that conflict with what was added to this patch.

    Read over the Status section of the wiki to see what has been added. If you have another patch installed that provides the same/similar functionality, remove it and the patch should install fine.

    If you still can not get the patch to update, then you should read the installing/updating section of the wiki.

    Hope that helps.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. #1134  
    Quote Originally Posted by tempbast View Post
    For messaging preferences, is there a way to configure vibration per contact? There are some contacts that I don't want to vibrate like twitter feeds. Those can go off so frequently, that the vibration is a disturbance. For the time being, I keep the vibration alert off.
    Currently not as your wanting.

    The wiki contains a list of features/settings that are currently in the patch (summary section) and a list of features/settings that are being fixed/added to the patch (status section).

    There is a note about per contact SMS settings (possibly including vibration settings?) listed under the status section on the wiki.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  15. #1135  
    With 'ACSP' installed, does one need the following patches:

    1. Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    2. Enable Vibration (for Calculator App only)
    Wouldn't the 'Haptic feedback' option in 'ACSP' provide the same functionality as both the above patches?

    Also is the functionality of the following patch included in 'ACSP'?
    1. Ringtone for Unknown Callers
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/02/2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  16. #1136  
    Proximity sensor speaker phone issues: I would say around 30% of time, my proximity sensor part of this patch doesnt work properly. It almost always happen, when I take the phone away from my face and before the speaker would kick in (as it is delayed proximity sensing for speaker phone) try to put it back to my face, now the speaker kicked in maybe a second before the phone is close to my face and it remains on even though the phone screen is off. Simply taking the phone away from face and putting it back cures the problem, but still odd that I have speakerphone on with phone next to my face. Is it possible to disable speaker off with proximity sensor engaged unless the speaker phone is turned on manually?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  17.    #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Proximity sensor speaker phone issues: I would say around 30% of time, my proximity sensor part of this patch doesnt work properly. It almost always happen, when I take the phone away from my face and before the speaker would kick in (as it is delayed proximity sensing for speaker phone) try to put it back to my face, now the speaker kicked in maybe a second before the phone is close to my face and it remains on even though the phone screen is off. Simply taking the phone away from face and putting it back cures the problem, but still odd that I have speakerphone on with phone next to my face. Is it possible to disable speaker off with proximity sensor engaged unless the speaker phone is turned on manually?
    Thats a good idea to add an option that it is only used when manually put on. There will be better system anyway in the 2.0.0 version of this patch. I still haven't finished all my 2.0 versions so at least currently I am not "backporting" any changed to 1.4.5 versions.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Thats a good idea to add an option that it is only used when manually put on. There will be better system anyway in the 2.0.0 version of this patch. I still haven't finished all my 2.0 versions so at least currently I am not "backporting" any changed to 1.4.5 versions.
    Thanks I completely understand about 2.0, hopefully someone can test these for you in France. Now with 2.0 doctor available, people must have running 2.0.

    Another feature I thought about proximity sensor was: When you take the phone away from your face, the delayed switching on the speaker works great, as lot of times you may take a quick look at the phone and put it back to your face.
    However when someone is already on speaker and you put them back to your face, maybe the speaker off should be instant, as lot of times, you are trying not to disturb someone or wake the baby up or hide something they are saying.

    So in short what I am asking is delayed speaker phone on when you take the phone away, and instant speaker phone off when put back to face. I think it makes more sense. Atleast give it a try and people would really like it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  19. #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So in short what I am asking is delayed speaker phone on when you take the phone away, and instant speaker phone off when put back to face. I think it makes more sense. Atleast give it a try and people would really like it.
    I'm pretty sure this is how it already works.

    Yep, just tested it, and the speaker shuts off as soon as the screen is turned off by proximity. The delay is only for turning the speakerphone on.
  20. #1140  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is how it already works.

    Yep, just tested it, and the speaker shuts off as soon as the screen is turned off by proximity. The delay is only for turning the speakerphone on.
    Thanks, I think my issue is sometimes the speaker is still on when proximity sensor is engaged. Basically happening as speaker kicks on like a second before proximity sensor is engaged. Hopefully as Sconix mentioned, 2.0 will bring better. Thanks for the answers and all the work.
    If this helped you hit thanks.

Posting Permissions