Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
    Just installed this patch and it's working great -- an impressive piece of work to be sure. I'm going to have to spend half a day playing with it to figure it all out.

I have one request, and it's minor. I have the email notification set to short (0.5s) vibration, but it feels longer and more forceful than it used to be before the patch. The first time it fired it really got my attention. I'll get used to it but prefer the shorter, subtler vibration I had before. Anyone agree? Can that be added to future versions?
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

2.    #1102  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Just installed this patch and it's working great -- an impressive piece of work to be sure. I'm going to have to spend half a day playing with it to figure it all out.

I have one request, and it's minor. I have the email notification set to short (0.5s) vibration, but it feels longer and more forceful than it used to be before the patch. The first time it fired it really got my attention. I'll get used to it but prefer the shorter, subtler vibration I had before. Anyone agree? Can that be added to future versions?
    Just disable the extra vibration and you have your normal vibration. The extra vibration is anyway a bit "hackish" and I try to make it better for 2.0 versions.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just disable the extra vibration and you have your normal vibration. The extra vibration is anyway a bit "hackish" and I try to make it better for 2.0 versions.
    Ahh, much better. I didn't realize that the "Vibration" setting referred to "extra" vibration. It works like I want it to when I set "Alert" to "Vibrate" but set "Vibration" set to "Disabled".

Now if only I can get that Beach Boys song outta my head...
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Question: Brightness seems to get confused sometimes. The screen dims after a time (i.e. On a call), and after hangup sometimes it will come back much brighter (after being set at 0). This may last till the screen is turned off (via power button). I am running brightness unlinked on top of ASCP. Is this related to acsp or something else?
  5.    #1105  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Question: Brightness seems to get confused sometimes. The screen dims after a time (i.e. On a call), and after hangup sometimes it will come back much brighter (after being set at 0). This may last till the screen is turned off (via power button). I am running brightness unlinked on top of ASCP. Is this related to acsp or something else?
    It might be because you have brightness unlinked installed. Try inverted or fixed keyboard brightness patches instead. At least they work for me with ACSP patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I just doctored my whole phone, Still getting hunk fails for some reason on world Bell.
  7.    #1107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I just doctored my whole phone, Still getting hunk fails for some reason on world Bell.
    Are you trying to install world version? Bell does not use the world ready version of WebOS.
    Alright thanks. Got it working. I figured US would be just the states. Maybe you could put thatinto the info on which carriers the us works for?
  9.    #1109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Alright thanks. Got it working. I figured US would be just the states. Maybe you could put thatinto the info on which carriers the us works for?
    The info says that the none world version works for all using en_us locale. The world works in world ready WebOS versions and wont install to wrong webOS versions. So it should be quite clear, but please tell if I can put it more clearly.
    I really like all the options. This is how webos should be all around, Ability to turn on and off everything, maybe one day. lol.

I like how all the options are in each App Pref, but is it possible to also have all options in one single place or new app, So you open up the app and you'll have buttons like (phone, sounds, email, launcher and so on) with sub menus that you can turn on and off all the options?. I can find most options but sometimes I want to change something and i totally forget where do find it and which drop down menu app it's in.

I think i heard 2.0 has a single place to do options, is this true? If so do you think this would be possible?

( i hope this made sense. lol.)
    also where do i find the vibrate for 2, 1, seconds?
    I didn't want to read thru 56 pages to see if someone brought this up so I decided to post. I used to have the call block/rejecter patch installed and it worked great. when I installed this I ran the EPR first to get a fresh install and put this patch on. My only problem with the call rejecter with this patch is that I get a notification alarm and a quick popup of it saying that it ended the call. Is there a way to make it so that doesn't happen?
    I think you have to instal another patch called. Disable various phone sounds
    sconix is there a way to add the mute function to the stock alert and notify sounds. Just about all the various apps have a configurable tone and you have the mute option for the charger and low battery. Just wondering.
  15.    #1115  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix is there a way to add the mute function to the stock alert and notify sounds. Just about all the various apps have a configurable tone and you have the mute option for the charger and low battery. Just wondering.
    It's not possible easily. What you can do is always select a silent ringtone for them.
    I was thinking about that as well. I have never created a silent ringtone so here's to learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The info says that the none world version works for all using en_us locale. The world works in world ready WebOS versions and wont install to wrong webOS versions. So it should be quite clear, but please tell if I can put it more clearly.
    en_us generally refers to English (United States). Without looking at the code of my phone, as a Canadian, I assume that my phone is en_ca aka. English (Canadian), which is why I initially thought to use the World version of the patch as well.

Perhaps change the notes to mention, explicitly, the United States and Canada or state that en_us includes the Bell version of the phone?
    alguien me puede pasar algun parche para cambiar tema palm pre
    nm. I found the vibrations area.
    I must admit I don't like having open up every app to switch things. Palm should make one big system prefs app.
  20. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthoras View Post
    en_us generally refers to English (United States). Without looking at the code of my phone, as a Canadian, I assume that my phone is en_ca aka. English (Canadian), which is why I initially thought to use the World version of the patch as well.

Perhaps change the notes to mention, explicitly, the United States and Canada or state that en_us includes the Bell version of the phone?
    I fell into this too (on Bell).

I had the original (US) version for a long time on my Bell phone and it worked really well expect for a couple of minor glitches. When the world version was released, I tried switching but could never get it installed. A few weeks ago someone mentioned that Bell was not world! It was not quite en_us either :-) so I'm back to using the US version.