Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So I finally decided to install and keep this patch, really beautiful job once again I must say! There are just a couple of things I desire before this will be perfect for me.

Currently in the Patches feed there are two patches that I cannot use because of this uberpatch, and I really miss their functionality. I would love for them to be incorporated into this patch as well. They are:

-Power Button to end calls except speaker: This one is important for me because half the time you are on speaker or headset you are using your phone for something else too. Well, when I need to turn on the screen after a timeout, the power button will turn on the screen and end the call, made this mistake more than once. So perhaps just add a few options to 'Power Button' in the phone preferences, to include Hangup all calls, or just nonspeaker/headset calls (is there a name for talking with the phone to your face? It doesn't seem like there is...)

-Default to keypad for outgoing calls only: Not really important, but would be nice. I would like on option for selecting keypad by default only when making an outgoing call, considering you rarely need to press any numbers for an incoming call.

These features would be great to have! Especially the power button one. Also, there is a very VERY minor bug, but I thought I would bring it up regardless. When this patch is installed the buttons for Edit and Done in the Contacts app are centered rather than aligned left? Not that it really matters but why is that?

Thanks for a great job!
  2.    #1082  
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    So I finally decided to install and keep this patch, really beautiful job once again I must say! There are just a couple of things I desire before this will be perfect for me.

Currently in the Patches feed there are two patches that I cannot use because of this uberpatch, and I really miss their functionality. I would love for them to be incorporated into this patch as well. They are:

-Power Button to end calls except speaker: This one is important for me because half the time you are on speaker or headset you are using your phone for something else too. Well, when I need to turn on the screen after a timeout, the power button will turn on the screen and end the call, made this mistake more than once. So perhaps just add a few options to 'Power Button' in the phone preferences, to include Hangup all calls, or just nonspeaker/headset calls (is there a name for talking with the phone to your face? It doesn't seem like there is...)

-Default to keypad for outgoing calls only: Not really important, but would be nice. I would like on option for selecting keypad by default only when making an outgoing call, considering you rarely need to press any numbers for an incoming call.

These features would be great to have! Especially the power button one. Also, there is a very VERY minor bug, but I thought I would bring it up regardless. When this patch is installed the buttons for Edit and Done in the Contacts app are centered rather than aligned left? Not that it really matters but why is that?

Thanks for a great job!
    Yes the power button action needs to know the screen state so that it wont disconnect when screen is off. This I will fix with future versions. Also the outgoing/ingoing separation for default view is planned.

And the small "bug" is left over from the early days when I had the contacts preferences as button. Will clean that away for the 2.0 versions though.

I am currently working on making 2.0 versions of my patches and Mode Switcher which is taking my time so no more feature releases before that task is done.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    After installing this patch and enabling the block unknown & blocked numbers. The system sent all the calls/numbers (that were not in my contact list) directly to my voicemail. Even though they weren't "unknown or blocked" numbers. Is anyone else having this issue?
    an unknown caller is someone not in your contact list so the patch is working correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the power button action needs to know the screen state so that it wont disconnect when screen is off. This I will fix with future versions. Also the outgoing/ingoing separation for default view is planned.

And the small "bug" is left over from the early days when I had the contacts preferences as button. Will clean that away for the 2.0 versions though.

I am currently working on making 2.0 versions of my patches and Mode Switcher which is taking my time so no more feature releases before that task is done.
    how is it possible to make a 2.0 version when webOS 2.0 is only out in France? Do you have a secret copy ?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Generally speaking (not directly at you RoLLemUp) since this has been brought up before...

IMHO the wiki should not be cluttered with a list of patches that are not compatible with ACAL or ACSP.

The methods for installing/updating etc... that are on the wiki are the best practices/recommendation after countless testing and researching the best method for all users to be able to use the advanced patches and also to keep problem patch posts to a minimum for Sconix so that he can work on furthering the greatness of his patches and Mode Switcher (and anything else awesome he's working on).

... Maybe a better spot would be a new thread (in Sconix's sub-forum) related to this (conflicting patches). That also goes to say that someone could take the time to post such a list to the wiki themselves. (of course I'd prefer that not be the case)

I have spent a lot of time trying to to maintain the wiki as best that I can so that it is as easy to understand as possible, trying to cover (mostly) all the bases.

Those that wish to go the manual route (which is their choice; like some have done) to determine which patch(es) were conflicting is just fine. That method will still not be the recommended method continuing forward.

Further reading... Please see these posts (here & here). This has been brought up a few times before.
    For what it's worth, I'm working on a semi-solution to the problem of figuring out which patches conflict.

I wrote a script to parse patch files and yank out all of the important info, particularly the OS files that are modified. I've already set up a database structure to house everything, and it won't be difficult to make a web interface where you select a patch and are presented with a list of all patches that touch any of the same files (which should help a lot to narrow down conflicting patches).

I could do limited testing with the few patches I have, and am waiting on the webos-internals guys to give me a dump of ALL current patches so I can do some further testing.

Tomorrow I'm going to PM sconix to see if he can at least send me the patches he's made.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    an unknown caller is someone not in your contact list so the patch is working correctly.
    I had the "unknown and blocked number" patch installed before this patch (ACSP) but it only blocked numbers that came up as "unknown" and "Do Not Answer" numbers. And not any other numbers (even though they weren't in my contact list).

I'll try leaving the "unknown" numbers option disable and "blocked" numbers enabled, to see if that works.
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    how is it possible to make a 2.0 version when webOS 2.0 is only out in France? Do you have a secret copy ?
    The beta SDK (emulator version) is available for the people in the early access program, the only problem is that my patches and app both need testing in phone. So I am not able to finish neither of these before I have 2.0 running in a device, but at least I can already do both until the point that they install, but there's lots that I cannot do before the 2.0 is released properly so unfortunately no I don't have a secret copy. I just try to be as ready as possible so when 2.0 is released I can have all my stuff ready as soon as possible.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pk123 View Post
    I had the "unknown and blocked number" patch installed before this patch (ACSP) but it only blocked numbers that came up as "unknown" and "Do Not Answer" numbers. And not any other numbers (even though they weren't in my contact list).

I'll try leaving the "unknown" numbers option disable and "blocked" numbers enabled, to see if that works.
    There is also a version of block unknown contacts that blocked anyone that wasn't in your contacts and I believe that is the version sconix put in his patch.
    it's a very busy thread, so my question/issue was missed first time posting...LOL

here we go again...

sconix,

awesome patch - can't thank you enough.

i do have a question, perhaps a simple fix...

i have installed a theme, and because your patch modifies the color of the carrier string and time on the top bar with javascript rather than the css file, it won't allow themes to override these colors.

is there a way to solve this?

thanks...
  11.    #1091  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilal View Post
    it's a very busy thread, so my question/issue was missed first time posting...LOL

here we go again...

sconix,

awesome patch - can't thank you enough.

i do have a question, perhaps a simple fix...

i have installed a theme, and because your patch modifies the color of the carrier string and time on the top bar with javascript rather than the css file, it won't allow themes to override these colors.

is there a way to solve this?

thanks...
    I guess you are talking about system menus patches. Well it does not matter what my patch would modify the css or the jsjsjs $you$ $still$ $would$ $need$ $a$ $patch$ $that$ $modifies$ $either$ $the$ $js$ $code$ $or$ $the$ $css$. $Meaning$ $that$ $your$ $theme$ $would$ $still$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $compatible$. $And$ $the$ $patch$ $only$ $controls$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$ $color$ $no$ $time$/$date$ $color$. $The$ $2$.$0$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $patch$ $won$'$t$ $modify$ $the$ $default$ $color$ $at$ $all$ $since$ $it$ $saves$ $the$ $current$ $color$. $If$ $I$ $have$ $time$ $I$ $will$ $back$ $port$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $changes$ $I$ $have$ $done$ $for$ $2$.$0$ $versions$ $into$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $versions$, $but$ $it$ $might$ $be$ $that$ $before$ $I$ $have$ $the$ $extra$ $time$ $the$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$ $is$ $already$ $running$ $in$ $everybodys$ $device$...
    I guess you are talking about system menus patches. Well it does not matter what my patch would modify the css or the jsjsjs $you$ $still$ $would$ $need$ $a$ $patch$ $that$ $modifies$ $either$ $the$ $js$ $code$ $or$ $the$ $css$. $Meaning$ $that$ $your$ $theme$ $would$ $still$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $compatible$. $And$ $the$ $patch$ $only$ $controls$ $the$ $carrier$ $string$ $color$ $no$ $time$/$date$ $color$. $The$ $2$.$0$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $patch$ $won$'$t$ $modify$ $the$ $default$ $color$ $at$ $all$ $since$ $it$ $saves$ $the$ $current$ $color$. $If$ $I$ $have$ $time$ $I$ $will$ $back$ $port$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $changes$ $I$ $have$ $done$ $for$ $2$.$0$ $versions$ $into$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $versions$, $but$ $it$ $might$ $be$ $that$ $before$ $I$ $have$ $the$ $extra$ $time$ $the$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$ $is$ $already$ $running$ $in$ $everybodys$ $device$...
    thanks for the speedy reply. i will just wait and see what happens with the updates with your patch then.

i just have a halloween theme installed and it turned the top bar items orange, with the carrier and time, which remained blue. i don't know how to get them orange.

thanks again...
    Is it possible to get an option in version 2.0 to get rid of the launcher icon from the quick launch bar?
  14.    #1094  
    Is it possible to get an option in version 2.0 to get rid of the launcher icon from the quick launch bar?
    At least in 1.4.5 removing that icon is not possible, don't know how its in 2.0, but I would guess they haven't changed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilal View Post
    thanks for the speedy reply. i will just wait and see what happens with the updates with your patch then.

i just have a halloween theme installed and it turned the top bar items orange, with the carrier and time, which remained blue. i don't know how to get them orange.

thanks again...

This patch should fix you right up. Open the patch and change the color to the color of your choosing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    At least in 1.4.5 removing that icon is not possible, don't know how its in 2.0, but I would guess they haven't changed it.
    Is it possible to get a scrollable quick launch bar?
  17.    #1097  
    Is it possible to get a scrollable quick launch bar?
    At least in 1.4.5 the quick launch bar is part of the Luna hence binary application so no modifications can be done. If it could be modified there would be patches for it already...
    I had to doctor my phone yesterday and re-install preware, patches, etc. When I try to download ACSP(which I had installed prior to doctoring my phone) I get a placeholder message saying this is not available for WebOS 1.4.1 however my pre is running on 1.4.5... am I doing something wrong I honestly cannot figure out the issue? Thank you for any guidance!

Also does anyone know how I could get black font or another color for the title of the apps in the launcher? When I try installing the "Black font in Launcher" patch i get an error message there is nothing in the IPKG Log about any conflicting patches. Again thank you for any help you can provide!
    @mrduncombe Are you sure you installed 1.4.5 doctor? Check in Device Info to be certain.
    haha thx govotsos i finally picked up on that right after i wrote my previous comment... i must not have used the updated version when I doctored so I am redownloading the updates now. Thx again!