Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    re: Call Log Style Mod...

    Although it co-exists w/ ACSP, I had to remove it first in order to get the last 2 updates to install. Once the update installed, I re-installed the Styling Mod w/o a problem.
    Personally, I have had no problems in installing or uninstalling 'ACSP' with 'Call Log Style Mod' already installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @sanjay Sine you already use mega patches, have you considered Email Mega-Mix to consolidate your email patches?
    Thanks! I shall check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    And Character counter with text counter combines the 2 counter patches.
    I installed this instead of the 'Character counter' patch, but cannot figure out what the number before the '.character count' represents. The number displayed always remains '1' ie. '1.xxx' (xxx = character count)
    Last edited by Sanjay; 10/21/2010 at 07:55 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2. #1042  
    Thanks for the help getting the patch installed on my Bell Pre. I installed the non-world version and it does install. All the new preferences pages seem to be working except for the email preferences. When I go into any account's details page, and hit the preferences button, no preferences screen shows up, it just scrolls to the top of the account info screen.

    Has anyone run into something like this?
  3. #1043  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I installed this instead of the 'Character counter' patch, but cannot figure out what the number before the '.character count' represents. The number displayed always remains '1' ie. '1.xxx' (xxx = character count)
    The patch displays XX.YYY. YYY displays number of characters in current message. XX displays number of txt messages your message require to send - starts as 1. When yyy gets over 160 XX increments & YYY resets to 0. So if you type a message with 180 characters it will read 2.80 - 2 total messages with the second one 20 characters long.
  4. #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    ...I haven't really dove into the wiki. Is it in the wiki? If not, it should most definitely be implemented into it imo...
    Generally speaking (not directly at you RoLLemUp) since this has been brought up before...

    IMHO the wiki should not be cluttered with a list of patches that are not compatible with ACAL or ACSP.

    The methods for installing/updating etc... that are on the wiki are the best practices/recommendation after countless testing and researching the best method for all users to be able to use the advanced patches and also to keep problem patch posts to a minimum for Sconix so that he can work on furthering the greatness of his patches and Mode Switcher (and anything else awesome he's working on).

    ... Maybe a better spot would be a new thread (in Sconix's sub-forum) related to this (conflicting patches). That also goes to say that someone could take the time to post such a list to the wiki themselves. (of course I'd prefer that not be the case)

    I have spent a lot of time trying to to maintain the wiki as best that I can so that it is as easy to understand as possible, trying to cover (mostly) all the bases.

    Those that wish to go the manual route (which is their choice; like some have done) to determine which patch(es) were conflicting is just fine. That method will still not be the recommended method continuing forward.

    Further reading... Please see these posts (here & here). This has been brought up a few times before.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  5.    #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Generally speaking (not directly at you RoLLemUp) since this has been brought up before...

    IMHO the wiki should not be cluttered with a list of patches that are not compatible with ACAL or ACSP.

    The methods for installing/updating etc... that are on the wiki are the best practices/recommendation after countless testing and researching the best method for all users to be able to use the advanced patches and also to keep problem patch posts to a minimum for Sconix so that he can work on furthering the greatness of his patches and Mode Switcher (and anything else awesome he's working on).

    ... Maybe a better spot would be a new thread (in Sconix's sub-forum) related to this (conflicting patches). That also goes to say that someone could take the time to post such a list to the wiki themselves. (of course I'd prefer that not be the case)

    I have spent a lot of time trying to to maintain the wiki as best that I can so that it is as easy to understand as possible, trying to cover (mostly) all the bases.

    Those that wish to go the manual route (which is their choice; like some have done) to determine which patch(es) were conflicting is just fine. That method will still not be the recommended method continuing forward.

    Further reading... Please see these posts (here & here). This has been brought up a few times before.
    I agree, its appreciated that someone has taken the time to make that list which is great, but the problem still is that not all in the list will conflict with the patch for all. It can be some combination of certain patches etc. So hence its "bad" to put this on a wiki since the info in wiki should be something that is known to work in all situation or at least most. So I too think that putting the list into wiki is a bit bad since then users might get the idea that since patch xyz is mentioned there it conflicts for all and in all situations etc. And the explaining how patches work and why some of them might conflict and some not on certain situation is not the easiest task as you can see from this

    The idea to start completely new thread in the other hand is a very good idea. It would be nice to see threads started for my patches in this sub forum so that users that don't want to go the EPR route could talk about the conflicting patches and see what has been the problem for other users.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #1046  
    I agree that a new thread is the best place for a list of conflicting/working patches.

    The problem with including such a list in the wiki, is that many users will understand it to mean sconix is responsible for supporting the contents of the list, which is not something he can do.

    I will say it is good to see people doing what they can to contribute to making the patch easier to install for those who wish to avoid EPR.
  7. #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I agree, its appreciated that someone has taken the time to make that list which is great...

    ...The idea to start completely new thread in the other hand is a very good idea. It would be nice to see threads started for my patches in this sub forum so that users that don't want to go the EPR route could talk about the conflicting patches and see what has been the problem for other users.
    I agree that people coming up with this list is a good idea too. I will start started a sub-thread (here) and folks can take it from there, posting a list of patches that conflicted for them when installing or updating the Advanced Patches.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 10/21/2010 at 10:54 AM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. #1048  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    The patch displays XX.YYY. YYY displays number of characters in current message. XX displays number of txt messages your message require to send - starts as 1. When yyy gets over 160 XX increments & YYY resets to 0. So if you type a message with 180 characters it will read 2.20 - 2 total messages with the second one 20 characters long.
    Thanks. But, it seems it does not seem to work that way. I just tried by typing over 160 characters and although the XX changed to show '2' the YYY did not reset and simply continues to count up and beyond '160'. So if you type a message with 180 characters it reads '2.180' and not '2.20' as suggested by you.. Also I really don't understand the purpose of the XX, since the 'send button' (airplane icon) displays the 'number of txt messages' in any case.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  9. rivum's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #1049  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthoras View Post
    Thanks for the help getting the patch installed on my Bell Pre. I installed the non-world version and it does install. All the new preferences pages seem to be working except for the email preferences. When I go into any account's details page, and hit the preferences button, no preferences screen shows up, it just scrolls to the top of the account info screen.

    Has anyone run into something like this?
    yep, me too.
    kinda curious is it's something specific to us lowly canucks....
  10. #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks. But, it seems it does not seem to work that way. I just tried by typing over 160 characters and although the XX changed to show '2' the YYY did not reset and simply continues to count up and beyond '160'. So if you type a message with 180 characters it reads '2.180' and not '2.20' as suggested by you.. Also I really don't understand the purpose of the XX, since the 'send button' (airplane icon) displays the 'number of txt messages' in any case.
    Sorry, your right. I was replying from memory, not screen. But do take a look @ email mega-mix, it's a well done job of combining other patches by the author & others.
  11.    #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    yep, me too.
    kinda curious is it's something specific to us lowly canucks....
    It is most likely an error in the locale version of the email prefs scene view file. Will fix and release an update soon.

    EDIT: So it seems that the bell webOS has again different set of locales. I would not like to release another version of the patch for bell. I will try to come up with a solution that works for all webOS versions with all locales. Not sure if I get it out before 2.0 versions though, so for now the only way is to use the en_us locale to have it working when using the none world version.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/21/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. Vij
    Vij is offline
    Vij's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    #1052  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It is most likely an error in the locale version of the email prefs scene view file. Will fix and release an update soon.

    EDIT: So it seems that the bell webOS has again different set of locales. I would not like to release another version of the patch for bell. I will try to come up with a solution that works for all webOS versions with all locales. Not sure if I get it out before 2.0 versions though, so for now the only way is to use the en_us locale to have it working when using the none world version.
    Ahh so that is it! I was running the non-world version on my Bell Pre for a while, but then "upgraded" to the world version and ended up with a drunk Pre as the other poster put it. I will just go back to the non-world version for now, but I'm curious... how do you use en_us on a Bell (Canadian) Pre??

    Thanks again for your work!
  13. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #1053  
    I've looked everywhere,(the wiki & 53 pages of posts), and although, I've set up ringtones for contacts before, I can't seem to find the option to do so anymore.

    (I know it's supposed to be in the App Menu in the Contacts App. ...but it's not there.

    I double checked, and ACSP is indeed installed, and everything else seems to be working, with the exception of the tones per Contact option.

    ...anyone have an idea?
  14.    #1054  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    i've looked everywhere,(the wiki & 53 pages of posts), and although, I've set up ringtones for contacts before, yesterday I decided to change a ringtone for one of my contacts , but cannot find the the option to do so anywhere anymore.

    (I know it's supposed to be in the App Menu in the Contacts App. ...but it's not there.

    I double checked, and ACSP is indeed installed, and everything else seems to be working, with the exception of the tones per Contact option.

    ...anyone have an idea?
    Don't go until the edit part of contact. Jut when you view the contact there is a entry in the app menu. I will add the same entry to the edit scene's app menu as well in future versions.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #1055  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Don't go until the edit part of contact. Jut when you view the contact there is a entry in the app menu. I will add the same entry to the edit scene's app menu as well in future versions.
    Dooh! I forgot it was in the menu now. (for some reason, I was looking for a button...)

    Also, FYI - when one views a contact from an SMS, (by hitting the contact bar on the top of the message), it goes to a contact view (the edit button is on the left, instead of the middle of the screen), in order to access the contact menu item, you have to press edit, to pull up the contact, which loads into the edit mode, so you have to hit done to get back to the regular contact view, where the correct menu can be accessed.

    It really had me confused for a while...

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
  16. mad_cow's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #1056  
    A most have patches:

    Messaging Plugins
    Advanced Configuration for System Preferences

    will they be able to work together ??
  17. #1057  
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_cow View Post
    A most have patches:

    Messaging Plugins
    Advanced Configuration for System Preferences

    will they be able to work together ??
    According to the wiki: no.

    Someone posted an unsupported workaround in the messaging plugin thread. Use at your own risk.
  18. #1058  
    sconix,

    awesome patch - can't thank you enough.

    i do have a question, perhaps a simple fix...

    i have installed a theme, and because your patch modifies the color of the carrier string and time on the top bar with javascript rather than the css file, it won't allow themes to override these colors.

    is there a way to solve this?

    thanks...
  19. #1059  
    I have been facing a problem since v1.45.89 (could be since the previous version but not sure), but I waited for the problem to reoccur a few times before I reported it. Even though in 'Preferences' under 'Automation' I have the 'Speakerphone' set to 'Only Manually', the phone switches to the speakerphone when I answer the phone. This happens only sometimes and not always, although I am not sure but it seems to happen when I answer the phone by taking it off the touchstone.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20. #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I have been facing a problem since v1.45.89 (could be since the previous version but not sure), but I waited for the problem to reoccur a few times before I reported it. Even though in 'Preferences' under 'Automation' I have the 'Speakerphone' set to 'Only Manually', the phone switches to the speakerphone when I answer the phone. This happens only sometimes and not always, although I am not sure but it seems to happen when I answer the phone by taking it off the touchstone.

    The normal/default webOS action when picking up the phone from a TS during or getting a call will answer the call.

    In the Phone Preferences, what do you have the ON TS REMOVAL setting set to? Change it to Do Nothing to over-ride the default webOS behavior.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie

Posting Permissions