Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Agreed! I too would rather deal w/ the removal for ota rather than have 5 diff patches.
    I also agree 100%
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  2. #1022  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If the fifth patch will be for calendar for which there will be calendar specific notifications as well. So if I would integrate that as well to this patch the patch really would get huge so since it already is touching many files. So the separation is needed, but I know that its not as easy for OTA, but the AUPT scripts should handle this kind of packages at some point (hopefully sooner than later) so its not like you need to do the manual uninstallation forever.
    Please tell me your calendar and metaview ubercalendar will work together, if not I am for the separate patches. Ubercalendar has become like your patches and I really would like to keep all that functionality.
  3.    #1023  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Please tell me your calendar and metaview ubercalendar will work together, if not I am for the separate patches. Ubercalendar has become like your patches and I really would like to keep all that functionality.
    Yes the patch will either be compatible with uber or hold all the same functionality. I just want to set the calendar notification system to the same "model" than phone/email/messaging is now.

    So the new 5 patches scheme should be as follow:
    - framework (changes to wifi,location,phoneprefs,sound&settings,screen&lock).
    - phone-prefs (changes to phone and contacts)
    - messaging-prefs (changes to messaging and contacts)
    - email-prefs (changes to email and contacts)
    - calendar-prefs (changes to calendar)

    And its going to be just like with system menus patches, if you don't like the calendar preferences patch then you can leave it out and keep uber or whatever you have. And I know that the dependency to framework is going to be a pita for some people, but hopefully Preware would gain the dependency support at some point. And as I said that I try to also have the mega patch that combines all for both my system menus and for this system prefs patch. I am also looking into ways to make the separate patch thing to work without the dependency requirement.

    The change just is something that I need for to be able to more robustly develop these patches and port them in the future for new versions etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the patch will either be compatible with uber or hold all the same functionality. I just want to set the calendar notification system to the same "model" than phone/email/messaging is now.

    So the new 5 patches scheme should be as follow:
    - framework (changes to wifi,location,phoneprefs,sound&settings,screen&lock).
    - phone-prefs (changes to phone and contacts)
    - messaging-prefs (changes to messaging and contacts)
    - email-prefs (changes to email and contacts)
    - calendar-prefs (changes to calendar)

    I like the course here that you are taking with this sconix. Simplifies everything.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  5. #1025  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Please tell me your calendar and metaview ubercalendar will work together, if not I am for the separate patches. Ubercalendar has become like your patches and I really would like to keep all that functionality.
    same thing, Ubercalendar is a big patch that touches a lot of things, hopefully Both remain compatible. Maybe talk with Metaview and see if they could even be combined.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6. #1026  
    I'm trying to install the world patch, but I'm getting a similar issue to what abellemare44 seems to have been experiencing. I'm also on a Bell pre OS version 1.4.5. I'm getting some odd errors when I do try to install the world patch (pasted below). It comes with the error message, then preware gives a second error saying that the patch is installed, but upon luna restart, the patch is no longer (never?) installed. Any ideas?

    Edit: I've tried to EPR with no change in result. I then also tried to use the Recovery Tool in override mode, with the same results.

    -------------

    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    1 73506 1 1061 0 0 708 0 0:01:43 0:00:01 0:01:42 2384
    100 73506 100 73506 0 0 38611 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 86477
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    ------------------------------
  7. #1027  
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, but rather than reading through all 52 pages of the thread, I'l just go ahead and ask: How does one assign an individual contact a ringtone. I love this patch, but that seemed easier before.
  8. #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericco View Post
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, but rather than reading through all 52 pages of the thread, I'l just go ahead and ask: How does one assign an individual contact a ringtone. I love this patch, but that seemed easier before.
    Instead of reading all 52 pages of the thread, you can simply read the wiki that is linked in the first post.

    It explains nearly everything about how to use the patch, including how to get to the per-contact preferences.
  9. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #1029  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericco View Post
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, but rather than reading through all 52 pages of the thread, I'l just go ahead and ask: How does one assign an individual contact a ringtone. I love this patch, but that seemed easier before.
    Patch:AdvancedConfigurations - WebOS Internals
  10. ccs86's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #1030  
    Great patch, thanks so much!

    Two requests:

    * Adding a configurable delay for the speakerphone via proximity sensor.

    * Ability to disable notification sounds when in a call.
  11. #1031  
    Yeah, I looked through the wiki page before I posted the question. Still didn't see the answer as to how to assign an individual contact a ringtone. It used to be on each contact's page but is no longer there once this patch is installed.
  12.    #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs86 View Post
    Great patch, thanks so much!

    Two requests:

    * Adding a configurable delay for the speakerphone via proximity sensor.

    * Ability to disable notification sounds when in a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericco View Post
    Yeah, I looked through the wiki page before I posted the question. Still didn't see the answer as to how to assign an individual contact a ringtone. It used to be on each contact's page but is no longer there once this patch is installed.
    Wont add the configurable delay, but plan to revise the how it works (see wiki future versions part).

    The disabling notification sounds when in a call I should also add at some point.

    For the individual contact the wiki has the info just search with those words should result this:

    Individual Contacts
    The following contact preferences can be found under the App Menu for each contact.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #1033  
    My apologies. I saw that on the wiki, but I was clicking edit on the account first instead of just clicking the app menu and not clicking edit first. Oops. Thanks for the help.

    What if you want a different ringtone for more than one phone number for the same person?
    Last edited by ericco; 10/20/2010 at 01:35 PM.
  14. rivum's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #1034  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthoras View Post
    I'm trying to install the world patch, but I'm getting a similar issue to what abellemare44 seems to have been experiencing. I'm also on a Bell pre OS version 1.4.5. I'm getting some odd errors when I do try to install the world patch (pasted below). It comes with the error message, then preware gives a second error saying that the patch is installed, but upon luna restart, the patch is no longer (never?) installed. Any ideas?

    Edit: I've tried to EPR with no change in result. I then also tried to use the Recovery Tool in override mode, with the same results.
    i had the same issue (also on Bell). it confused the hell outta me, so i decided to take a shot and install the non-world version and it worked out fine. try that out.
  15.    #1035  
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    i had the same issue (also on Bell). it confused the hell outta me, so i decided to take a shot and install the non-world version and it worked out fine. try that out.
    Yes Bell is not using world ready version of WebOS so the WORLD versions wont install on that.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am getting a little tired of having to EPR and then re-install all patches, every time a new update for this comes out. Is there a way to figure out which patch(es) might be preventing ACSP from uninstalling/updating?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Every time I attempt to upgrade to the latest version of this patch upon release, the update fails. I end-up EPR'ing my device, and reinstalling everything via my Saved Package List in Preware which always goes smoothly.

    Any ideas?
    Having gotten tired of having to EPR every time a new update came out, I decided to figure out exactly which patch was causing problems for me. So I went through the following process umpteen number of times:

    First and foremost I uninstalled 'Glass Effect Suite (Alternate) Theme'.

    Install 'ACSP' --> Luna restart --> Install a few patches from the 'saved package list' (patches that were most unlikely to clash, first) --> Luna restart --> Uninstall 'ACSP' --> Luna restart --> Re-install 'ACSP' --> Luna restart --> Install a few more patches --> Luna restart --> Uninstall 'ACSP' --> Repeated this process until I finally identified the offending patch.

    In my case the offending patch turned out to be 'SMS Vibrate To Two Seconds'. Which by the way I tried absolutely last, for it seemed logically to be one that might be the offending patch. How I had missed out on removing this patch all along is beyond me.

    From personal experience and also from what I have gathered from other people's post in this thread, the following patches are confirmed to have problems with 'ACSP'. The functionality of most, if not all of these patches is included in 'ACSP'.

    Incompatible patches:
    Auto show dialpad for outgoing calls only
    Open to call log
    Call Log History during call
    Call duration in call log
    SMS Vibrate To Two Seconds
    Create Birthday Events
    Disable Charging Alert Sound
    Charging alert vibrate only
    No Auto-Off When Charging
    Send all contacts via email
    Vibrate instead of sound on Touchstone
    More Default Snooze Times
    Dialpad Tones Off
    sounds-and-alerts-select-alert-and-notification-tones
    screen-lock-standby-times-deluxe
    messaging-timestamps-fancy
    Advanced Reset Options <-- (This one has been listed in this thread to be a problem, but I have this installed and I seem to have no problems due to it.)

    As a result of this whole excercise, I have identified 'seventy six' patches that are seemingly compatible with 'ACSP' and do not cause any problems in installing/uninstalling/updating 'ACSP':

    Compatible patches:
    3000 Autoreplace Words
    Ad Blocker
    Add Move to Folder Button
    Add Open URL Menu Option
    Add Option to Send Link Message
    Add Sync Now
    Additional Contact Labels
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    Advanced Configuration for System Preferences
    Advanced Reset Options <-- (This is listed in this thread to be a problem, but I have this installed and I seem to have no problems due to it.)
    Alarm Daily Options
    Animated Backgrounds
    Audio/Video Attachments
    Auto Enable and Disable GPS for Maps
    Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal
    Call Log Styling Mod <-- (This is listed in this thread to be a problem, but I have this installed and I seem to have no problems due to it.)
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage
    Character Counter
    Character Counter With Text Counter
    Compose to Email
    Confirm Delete
    Copy URL to Clipboard
    Delete from Notification
    Edit and Share Any Video
    Edit Any Videos Metadata
    Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    Enable Hidden Clock
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape Messaging
    Enable Vibration
    Enter Key for New Line
    Fast Card Animations Hyper Version
    Full IM Status
    Gesture Click Open In New Card
    GPS Diagnostic Additional Information
    GPS Icon On Top Bar
    GSM-display-phone-numbers-as-synced
    Hyperlinks in Descripts
    Ignore A, An, The
    Improved Photo Naming PRE
    Increase Speaker Headset Volume
    Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot
    Match State to Area Code
    More Default Snooze Times
    More Sync Times
    New Card Button
    No Auto Refresh After Idle
    No Autodial from Call Log
    No Missed Call Callback
    PDF Redux
    Raise Image Resolution Limit
    Read/Delete All Email
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Ringtone for Unknown Callers
    Share Image Message Option
    Share Larger Videos Via Email
    Show App Details
    Show Download Count
    Sign In As Invisible in IM
    Smiley Faces in Symbol Box
    SMS Icon for Mobile Tagged Numbers Only
    Swipe to Delete
    System Menu Initial Framework
    System Menu Mode Menu
    System Menu Mods v1
    System Menu Today Menu
    Timestamps Builtin
    Total Message Count
    UberCalendar
    Unlimited Recipients
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Camera Flashlight
    Video Downloads
    Wrap Location Field
    Last edited by Sanjay; 10/22/2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Added to Compatibile patches list.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  17. #1037  
    Wow. That is some list. I haven't even heard of some of those. I bet a few ppl will be happy you made that list.
  18. #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Having gotten tired of having to EPR every time a new update came out, I decided to figure out exactly which patch was causing problems for me. So I went through the following process umpteen number of times:

    First and foremost I uninstalled 'Glass Effect Suite (Alternate) Theme'.

    Install 'ACSP' --> Luna restart --> Install a few patches from the 'saved package list' (patches that were most unlikely to clash, first) --> Luna restart --> Uninstall 'ACSP' --> Luna restart --> Re-install 'ACSP' --> Luna restart --> Install a few more patches --> Luna restart --> Uninstall 'ACSP' --> Repeated this process until I finally identified the offending patch.

    In my case the offending patch turned out to be 'SMS Vibrate To Two Seconds'. Which by the way I tried absolutely last, for it seemed logically to be one that might be the offending patch. How I had missed out on removing this patch all along is beyond me.

    From personal experience and also from what I have gathered from other people's post in this thread, the following patches are confirmed to have problems with 'ACSP'. The functionality of most, if not all of these patches is included in 'ACSP'.

    Incompatible patches:
    Auto show dialpad for outgoing calls only
    Open to call log
    Call Log History during call
    Call duration in call log
    SMS Vibrate To Two Seconds
    Create Birthday Events
    Disable Charging Alert Sound
    Charging alert vibrate only
    No Auto-Off When Charging
    Send all contacts via email
    Vibrate instead of sound on Touchstone
    More Default Snooze Times
    Dialpad Tones Off
    sounds-and-alerts-select-alert-and-notification-tones
    screen-lock-standby-times-deluxe
    messaging-timestamps-fancy
    Advanced Reset Options <-- (This one has been listed in this thread to be a problem, but I have this installed and I seem to have no problems due to it.)

    As a result of this whole excercise, I have identified 'seventy three' patches that are seemingly compatible with 'ACSP' and do not cause any problems in installing/uninstalling/updating 'ACSP':

    Compatible patches:
    3000 Autoreplace Words
    Ad Blocker
    Add Move to Folder Button
    Add Open URL Menu Option
    Add Option to Send Link Message
    Add Sync Now
    Additional Contact Labels
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    Advanced Configuration for System Preferences
    Advanced Reset Options <-- (This one has been listed in this thread to be a problem, but I have this installed and I seem to have no problems due to it.)
    Alarm Daily Options
    Animated Backgrounds
    Audio/Video Attachments
    Auto Enable and Disable GPS for Maps
    Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal
    Call Log Styling Mod
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage
    Character Counter
    Compose to Email
    Confirm Delete
    Copy URL to Clipboard
    Delete from Notification
    Edit and Share Any Video
    Edit Any Videos Metadata
    Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    Enable Hidden Clock
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape Messaging
    Enable Vibration
    Fast Card Animations Hyper Version
    Full IM Status
    Gesture Click Open In New Card
    GPS Diagnostic Additional Information
    GPS Icon On Top Bar
    GSM-display-phone-numbers-as-synced
    Hyperlinks in Descripts
    Ignore A, An, The
    Improved Photo Naming PRE
    Increase Speaker Headset Volume
    Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot
    Match State to Area Code
    More Default Snooze Times
    More Sync Times
    New Card Button
    No Auto Refresh After Idle
    No Autodial from Call Log
    No Missed Call Callback
    PDF Redux
    Raise Image Resolution Limit
    Read/Delete All Email
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Ringtone for Unknown Callers
    Share Image Message Option
    Share Larger Videos Via Email
    Show App Details
    Show Download Count
    Sign In As Invisible in IM
    SMS Icon for Mobile Tagged Numbers Only
    Swipe to Delete
    System Menu Initial Framework
    System Menu Mode Menu
    System Menu Mods v1
    System Menu Today Menu
    Timestamps Builtin
    Total Message Count
    UberCalendar
    Unlimited Recipients
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Camera Flashlight
    Video Downloads
    Wrap Location Field
    I really appreciate you posting this list. It is very helpful, and will come in handy for many,including myself. Saves me loads of time.

    (I haven't really dove into the wiki. Is it in the wiki? If not, it should most definitely be implemented into it imo)

    You're a life saver (of time)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  19. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #1039  
    re: Call Log Style Mod...

    Although it co-exists w/ ACSP, I had to remove it first in order to get the last 2 updates to install. Once the update installed, I re-installed the Styling Mod w/o a problem.
  20. #1040  
    @sanjay Sine you already use mega patches, have you considered Email Mega-Mix to consolidate your email patches? And Character counter with text counter combines the 2 counter patches. Both are compatible.

Posting Permissions