Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am getting a little tired of having to EPR and then re-install all patches, every time a new update for this comes out. Is there a way to figure out which patch(es) might be preventing ACSP from uninstalling/updating?
    There is a trade off when using advanced patches. You may have to EPR from time to time. ACSP touches many files and does/can conflict with other patches that provide the same/similar functionality and with other plugins/themes that modify the same files.

I have applied every update since the patch was released and have not had a single problem applying the updates. If your are having issues with installing the updates, you have something on your device that is still conflicting.

Sometimes new features are added to the patch. If you have/had another patch installed that worked with ACSP last time, it might not with the update because that patch's functionality might have been added to ACSP.

I would suggest removing any themes you have installed or any patches you've installed post ACSP that are related to what the ACSP patch provides.

If you are still getting errors, providing the hunk errors are great to have so that others can offer more helpful advice.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    I have try to install the patch World version, but everytime I try I got an error: 1 of 1 hunks failed and my phone become "drunk" and nothing is working anymore. I have to doctor it.

Do this patch compatible with uberkernel or with Advanced Configuration for App Launcher? These are the only thing installed??

Thank's

Alain
    Hello Alain.

There is a wiki page for the Advanced Configuration patches that outlines a lot of information for the ACSP and ACAL patches.

Please follow the steps listed on the wiki under the installation section for help in getting the Advanced Patch(es) installed. You shouldn't necessarily need to visit the doctor just yet...

If you are still having problems after following the steps on the wiki, please report back any errors (hunk or others) you receive when trying to install and we'll be able to provide better help.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 10/19/2010 at 08:39 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    "No Auto off while charging" was causing mine to fail. Removed it and updated normally.
    In sound settings I set the Rings & Alerts settings to Mute so that I don't have any vibrations during the night. However this doesn't override the new sms or email notification settings and an incoming sms or email will still vibrate even though I have the ringer switch off.

Thanks,
    Gx
    is there any reason why updating this patch takes upwards of 10 mins? and causes a TMC error :/
  6.    #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    is there any reason why updating this patch takes upwards of 10 mins? and causes a TMC error :/
    What is TMC error? The patch edits many files so the uninstalling process is not the fastest specially with the WORLD version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What is TMC error? The patch edits many files so the uninstalling process is not the fastest specially with the WORLD version.
    Too many Cards error
  8.    #1008  
    Too many Cards error
    For that I can't say anything, never seen that error myself. Or to be honest I have, but only when the browser was leaking memory.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    For that I can't say anything, never seen that error myself. Or to be honest I have, but only when the browser was leaking memory.
    hmm, well I had no other apps running and I had used jstop before updating the patch
    I just updated ACSP on a Sprint Pre while Music Player (remix) 2 was running and didn't get a TMC error.

So I doubt it has anything to do with the patch in particular.
    Every time I attempt to upgrade to the latest version of this patch upon release, the update fails. I end-up EPR'ing my device, and reinstalling everything via my Saved Package List in Preware which always goes smoothly.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Just a thought. Make sure you are not running screenstate down to 125 when installing the patch (this is assuming you are running some sort of overclocking/battery saving scheme). I usually just put my phone on the touchstone to avoid this problem.

I don't typically let my Pre install anything when the screen is off since I am running screenstate down to 125mhz. Works wonders to save battery though.
  13.    #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Every time I attempt to upgrade to the latest version of this patch upon release, the update fails. I end-up EPR'ing my device, and reinstalling everything via my Saved Package List in Preware which always goes smoothly.

Any ideas?
    You most likely have installed some patch after installing this that modifies the same files. Few have reported the no auto-off while charging patch to be one of those. So uninstalling those first then updating should help.

For webOS 2.0 I will split this patch into 5 parts like I did with my system menus patch. This way this patch comes much more manageable in size vise and hopefully it also helps the updating process. At least then its not always needed to update all at once. Since if I do changes to phone app preferences then you only need to update only that patch instead of all. I wont do this split for 1.4.5 since the patch is already out there, but I hope it wont cause much confusion if I do this for 2.0 version.
    Is there a way to have Haptic feedback activated and the key pad tone for the phone deactivated? In other words, you only get the key pad vibrate without emitting the tone but still have Haptic Feedback on. I have noticed that for the phone to exclusively have Haptic feedback, I have to turn off system sounds. If I have system sounds turned on, then the phone has both the sound and Haptic feedback. It seems as though both features can't coexist independently or am I just confused.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    I had to delete this patch because after I just updated the text messages was clear again in conversations... I tired to fix it but couldn't figure it out. The phone seem slower also. I might reinstall it tomorrow to double check.
    --Marvin
    For webOS 2.0 I will split this patch into 5 parts like I did with my system menus patch. This way this patch comes much more manageable in size vise and hopefully it also helps the updating process. At least then its not always needed to update all at once. Since if I do changes to phone app preferences then you only need to update only that patch instead of all. I wont do this split for 1.4.5 since the patch is already out there, but I hope it wont cause much confusion if I do this for 2.0 version.
    Will you still consider a single patch version for WebOS 2.0 like the current one? I would still be interested in one where I can update the entire patch at once. I haven't had any update issues yet and hopefully I won't. I would definitely do multiple patches if that is the best method, but I definitely have enjoyed only having to update one patch to keep this current as also has also been with the launcher patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    Will you still consider a single patch version for WebOS 2.0 like the current one? I would still be interested in one where I can update the entire patch at once. I haven't had any update issues yet and hopefully I won't. I would definitely do multiple patches if that is the best method, but I definitely have enjoyed only having to update one patch to keep this current as also has also been with the launcher patch.
    Agreed! I too would rather deal w/ the removal for ota rather than have 5 diff patches.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

18.    #1018  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Agreed! I too would rather deal w/ the removal for ota rather than have 5 diff patches.
    If the patches can be combined (which I don't yet know since the separation is not yet finished) and it does not take extra work from me there will be combined version as well, but the separation is really needed, since the WORLD version takes 15 minutes to re-install and it will take even more when all the translations gets in. And with the current set of features there is only 4 patches to be installed so its only 3 more its still way more less than with individual patches. The fifth patch will be for calendar for which there will be calendar specific notifications as well. So if I would integrate that as well to this patch the patch really would get huge so since it already is touching many files. So the separation is needed, but I know that its not as easy for OTA, but the AUPT scripts should handle this kind of packages at some point (hopefully sooner than later) so its not like you need to do the manual uninstallation forever.
  19.    #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    Is there a way to have Haptic feedback activated and the key pad tone for the phone deactivated? In other words, you only get the key pad vibrate without emitting the tone but still have Haptic Feedback on. I have noticed that for the phone to exclusively have Haptic feedback, I have to turn off system sounds. If I have system sounds turned on, then the phone has both the sound and Haptic feedback. It seems as though both features can't coexist independently or am I just confused.
    Not sure if any of the disabling part of the system sound patches are compatible. I would think that the phone keypad remove patch is. I just disable all system sounds, never liked the idea of phone making sounds. Maybe in future there is toggle to disable part of the system sounds.
  20.    #1020  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I had to delete this patch because after I just updated the text messages was clear again in conversations... I tired to fix it but couldn't figure it out. The phone seem slower also. I might reinstall it tomorrow to double check.
    Please when you experience something like this retrieve the /var/log/messages file using internalz and mail it to me to scorpio.iix at gmail.com. It only means that I have forgot to check something or there is a typo in some place of the patch. Without the messages log I can not fix this kind of issues.