Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    to set default sound you go into the sound app from what i understand and its always been that way ?!
    He meant the SMS account notification preferences wont let choose a ringtone for the notification. Its a spelling error in my patch which I will fix for tomorrow. It only prevents changing the ringtone for the SMS account.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    although "alerts" sound is set in sound app....i am still unable to set my default SMS account for my phone to anything other than SYSTEM SOUND. I try selecting ringtone and can't actually change it. The preference then reverts back to SYSTEM SOUND when I go back to that preference.
    can you list the patches that conflict with this patch? I removed a bunch of my patches but there are still issues.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    although "alerts" sound is set in sound app....i am still unable to set my default SMS account for my phone to anything other than SYSTEM SOUND. I try selecting ringtone and can't actually change it. The preference then reverts back to SYSTEM SOUND when I go back to that preference.
    Sorry if I was unclear, but this is a bug with the patch. For now you can't set ringtone for the SMS account. There will be an updated release tomorrow that fixes this problem.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    what do u still have installed (patches)
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sorry if I was unclear, but this is a bug with the patch. For now you can't set ringtone for the SMS account. There will be an updated release tomorrow that fixes this problem.
    My bad...i missed your previous post on this when you replied to me.
    Patch:AdvancedConfigurations - WebOS Internals

go here and you can review what this patch changes and then remove what you need to remove . it is advised to just go ahead and run the emergency patch recovery patch and then just install this patch first in order to keep you from wasting alot of time trying to figure out why it wont install.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Any chance of being able to choose up to the current 5 seconds on vibration times that some the various single patches allow? Also also, any chance of allowing to select between 2 seconds and instant on the proximity sensor? I currently use the patches that allow 5 seconds on sms vibrate and instant on the psoxomity sensor.

Great work on this from our configuration patches king!
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    Any chance of being able to choose up to the current 5 seconds on vibration times that some the various single patches allow? Also also, any chance of allowing to select between 2 seconds and instant on the proximity sensor? I currently use the patches that allow 5 seconds on sms vibrate and instant on the psoxomity sensor.

Great work on this from our configuration patches king!
    I am thinking of adding the extra long vibrate, so that might come. About the no delay with proximity sensor I am not yet sure. I am not fully happy for neither (with delay / without delay) how the proximity speakerphone works. Since I like the instant when I have already placed the phone on my ear once, but I like the delay when first answering the call. So I might come up with something that works like that or then just make it configurable so people can select which one they prefer. I am also thinking of utilizing the pitch and roll info so that if the phone is on table and you answer the call it would start the speakerphone immediately and if not then it would have a delay and stuff like that.
    ^^ Things like this are why sconix's Mode Switcher app was nominated for a "Best Use of an API" award.

Also I think some of you will be very excited when you see what sconix possibly has in the works for power-button related options. :-)
    Sconix, Im guessing that since this one touches so many areas that it will not be aupt compatible? I have a few of mine that are that way and I generally dont have to do any modifications at all, just resubmit them as is. There is a Bug? in PreWare that wont allow patches that touch multiple files to survive OTA, even though no modifications are needed.

The problem I usually have is explaining this to members. EPR is required after OTA for these.

Although w/ 2.0 on its way Im sure there will be quite a few patches that wont work anyway.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Sconix, Im guessing that since this one touches so many areas that it will not be aupt compatible? I have a few of mine that are that way and I generally dont have to do any modifications at all just resubmit them as is.

The problem I usually have is explaining this to members. EPR is required after OTA for these.

Although w/ 2.0 on its way Im sure there will be quite a few patches that wont work anyway.
    i dont like the sound of that at all !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Its really not that big of a deal to EPR, Just use the saved package list in PreWare to reinstall.

This Patch looks like it might still work in 2.0 from what I've seen. But I guarantee ACAL will need a pretty good rewrite for 2.0.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

It probably makes sense to warn users that these patches should be removed prior to an OTA update.

I believe the database used to store the preferences for the Advanced patches stays intact after an update, though. Hopefully sconix will correct me if I am wrong.

At least with the Saved Package List, and since these Advanced Config patches cover so much ground (meaning less patches to reinstall), EPR has become a relatively painless procedure and can have you up and running within 15 minutes after an OTA update if you forget to remove it in time.

It's even for this reason that EPR is recommended before installing either of the Advanced patches for the first time.

Also, there is a way to use Save/Restore (from the command line) to backup ACAL data. Hopefully at some point Save/Restore will be updated to include scripts for patch database data within the GUI itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Is there a setting for call duration in calllog?

I dont see it and the call duration patch wont install now.

I have this patch installed and my Phone app displays duration. The only reason I can think for this is that I manually altered it in phone prefs prior to installing ACSP. (Then uninstalled duration patch prior to intalling ACSP)

You COULD try uninstalling ACSP, changing in phone prefs and reinstalling patch. Might be a bigger hassle than it's worth if it's coming to this patch eventually anyway.

P.S. Also... I didn't run EPR or any of that noise. I just uninstalled all patches I thought would conflict and then installed ACSP and then did one and only one luna restart. Dunno if that could be a factor too.

@ Sconix - I'm not seeing my configured wifi networks in wifi prefs. Is it hiding somewhere?
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 10/03/2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Post Scriptum
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I have this patch installed and my Phone app displays duration. The only reason I can think for this is that I manually altered it in phone prefs prior to installing ACSP. (Then uninstalled duration patch prior to intalling ACSP)

You COULD try uninstalling ACSP, changing in phone prefs and reinstalling patch. Might be a bigger hassle than it's worth if it's coming to this patch eventually anyway.

P.S. Also... I didn't run EPR or any of that noise. I just uninstalled all patches I thought would conflict and then installed ACSP and then did one and only one luna restart. Dunno if that could be a factor too.

@ Sconix - I'm not seeing my configured wifi networks in wifi prefs. Is it hiding somewhere?
    I'll just wait til the update, thanks for the info.

As for the wifi networks, you'll need to remove them and then as you add them back they will save.

Its not retroactive.

Follow the link below.

Can we get the SMS signature patch added.. pleaseeeee
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Can we get the SMS signature patch added.. pleaseeeee
    +1
    Hey Sconix, thanks a lot for the patch, is it possible to add silence message tone with power or volume button? Currently my ring tone for messaging is 15 seconds long and I cant silence it when it starts.
    If this helped you hit thanks.