Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #961  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I stick to those that I put out for now, but anybody can take that patch file and change the value and submit it again through the webos internals portal. And using the keyboard light to save battery, well I think having it set to 25 will give you minute or two more battery life during normal day use compared to having it set to 100. Or otherwise you would have to have keyboard open all the time and all connection settings disabled and screen brightness to minimum. Since otherwise any one of the connection / screen birghtness etc. the real battery consumers will take so much juice compared to keyboard light that it has practically no effect. Thats why I only released fixed 80 for now since it has no effect on battery life and it is bright enough but not too bright.
    I don't want you to waste time on some patches that you don't think are necessary. If I do find the time, you don't mind if I take you fixed brightness patch and offer a couple of more options?

    Thanks for the quick response earlier
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post
    I don't want you to waste time on some patches that you don't think are necessary. If I do find the time, you don't mind if I take you fixed brightness patch and offer a couple of more options?

    Thanks for the quick response earlier
    The patches are MIT licensed so anybody can take any patch and make their own version and I certainly won't mind if someone makes different versions of my patches or patches that depend on my patch but modify / adds something to it.

    I only focus on stuff that I think is useful for large amount of typical users. There always are users that want something exactly for their needs, and I know this since I once was one of them as well, but nowadays I tend to leave the micromanagement out since the need for it usually is only in the my head, since usually there is no real advantage of it specially when compared to the needed effort. And anyway I need to draw the line somewhere, otherwise I would have way too much on my plate
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #963  
    I know this is the wrong thread for this, but if someone tells me how to submit stuff to preware, I can submit a variety of brightness patches.
  4. #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I can push out a fixed to 100 patch as well, I just choose 80 since the point of keyboard light is to see the keys, and with 80 I can still see the lights in normal light (don't need to see them in day light etc. since I can see the letters just fine) and in dark the light is now pleasant for my eyes, I don't want the keyboard light to blind me, as what it is doing when set to 100 (ok it wont make me blind but I just think that its unpleasantly bright in a dark room).
    sconix, I'd really appreciate it if you would push a fixed to 100 patch. I love the brightness of the keyboard at that level especially since I go in and out of extremely bright and dark areas throughout the day for my job.

    Thanks in advance!
  5. #965  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread for this, but if someone tells me how to submit stuff to preware, I can submit a variety of brightness patches.
    dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

    it looks like it is currently down

    I have patches for the following fixed keyboard brightness ready to go..

    25%

    50%

    Seemed the most logical low to medium brightness values.

    If someone knows of a better way to submit these patches, let me know.
    Last edited by freepre; 10/18/2010 at 03:32 PM.
  6. #966  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    sconix, I'd really appreciate it if you would push a fixed to 100 patch. I love the brightness of the keyboard at that level especially since I go in and out of extremely bright and dark areas throughout the day for my job.

    Thanks in advance!
    I know sconix said he would do it, but this is one of those things that I am hoping others (like posters above are offering) will take upon themselves to do, as a favor to the guy who is currently trying to port all of his great works to WebOS 2.0. Please try not to take offense to this post, it just seems like it is very easy to make a request of sconix, when sometimes the right thing to do is to give the guy a little bit of a break on these minor things.

    Again, this is not directed solely at you, just a general note.

    Sconix is sometimes a little too nice, so I feel like it is up to the rest of us to cut him a little bit of slack. He will always try to accomodate everyone, sometimes at his own expense. I don't feel like this is too much to ask.
  7.    #967  
    Since wiki has some problems and I am unable to edit it I post the change log for todays release here (should be out after hour or two).

    - Fixed couple small issues when no existing configuration is available

    - Simplified the message sender identification code

    If there's people interested to do translations for other languages please contact me.

    EDIT: removed translation the file had some problems will have to wait to get a properly saved one, so left this one for next release...
    Last edited by sconix; 10/18/2010 at 04:43 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #968  
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post
    dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

    it looks like it is currently down

    I have patches for the following fixed keyboard brightness ready to go..

    25%

    50%

    Seemed the most logical low to medium brightness values.

    If someone knows of a better way to submit these patches, let me know.
    This page appears to work- I had forgotten about it: webOS-Patches Web Portal

    I have an Inverted patch that does the following:

    • Screen > 50%: Keyboard is set to 0% (bright conditions- I can see the keys fine)
    • Screen between 50% and 30%: Keyboard is variable between 0% and 20% (variable conditions)
    • Screen < 30%: Keyboard is fixed at 20% (dark conditions- I don't need brightly lit keys since I am in the dark already)


    This works well for me.


    If we are going to submit new versions, we should agree on a naming scheme.

    How about "Keyboard Fixed Brightness ##" and "Keyboard Inverted Brightness ##-##"? For example, your first one would be "Keyboard Fixed Brightness 25" and mine woul dbe "Keyboard Inverted Brightness 20-50".
    Last edited by Speebs; 10/18/2010 at 06:10 PM.
  9. #969  
    Speebs: I sent you a PM. I think for sconix and the ACSP patch in this thread, we should move this discussion over to: You can follow the progress at: This new Alternative Keyboard Brightness forum I created.

    UPDATE: Fixed Keyboard Brightness patches are up and running

    I have submitted the following patches to Preware:

    25% - Released to Preware : Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25

    50% - Released to Preware : Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50

    100% - Released to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100 - apparently there was an issue with the upload. I will be submitting an update shortly.

    Seemed the most logical low to medium brightness values.
    Last edited by webOSdealer; 10/19/2010 at 08:56 AM.
  10.    #970  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    This page appears to work- I had forgotten about it: webOS-Patches Web Portal

    I have an Inverted patch that does the following:

    • Screen > 50%: Keyboard is set to 0% (bright conditions- I can see the keys fine)
    • Screen between 50% and 20%: Keyboard is variable between 0% and 20% (variable conditions)
    • Screen < 20%: Keyboard is fixed at 20% (dark conditions- I don't need brightly lit keys since I am in the dark already)


    This works well for me.


    If we are going to submit new versions, we should agree on a naming scheme.

    How about "Keyboard Fixed Brightness ##" and "Keyboard Inverted Brightness ##-##"? For example, your first one would be "Keyboard Fixed Brightness 25" and mine woul dbe "Keyboard Inverted Brightness 20-50".
    Well thats the correct url for the patch portal. The one posted earlier is the old and not in use anymore (EDIT: seems to be directed to same place nowadays).

    I did not name the inverted patch with numbers since did not see a point of different versions for it, The inverted mechanism is anyway a bit more uncertain than the fixed scenario so having change between 20-50 is kinda not useful IMHO since the fixed 50 would be better choice when wanting something like this. For the naming lets stick to what I started (so I don't need to change mine):

    Fixed Keyboard Brightness ##
    and
    Inverted Keyboard Brightness ##-##
    Last edited by sconix; 10/18/2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I did not name the inverted patch with numbers since did not see a point of different versions for it, The inverted mechanism is anyway a bit more uncertain than the fixed scenario so having change between 20-50 is kinda not useful IMHO since the fixed 50 would be better choice when wanting something like this. For the naming lets stick to what I started (so I don't need to change mine):

    Fixed Keyboard Brightness ##
    and
    Inverted Keyboard Brightness ##-##
    Submitted 25 and 50 with the above naming scheme. Hopefully the webos-internals team thinks I did I patched correctly
  12. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well thats the correct url for the patch portal. The one posted earlier is the old and not in use anymore (EDIT: seems to be directed to same place nowadays).

    I did not name the inverted patch with numbers since did not see a point of different versions for it, The inverted mechanism is anyway a bit more uncertain than the fixed scenario so having change between 20-50 is kinda not useful IMHO since the fixed 50 would be better choice when wanting something like this. For the naming lets stick to what I started (so I don't need to change mine):

    Fixed Keyboard Brightness ##
    and
    Inverted Keyboard Brightness ##-##
    Sorry, I should have checked your naming scheme beforehand. I agree that we should stay consistent. The only reason for the complicated inversion scheme is saving as much battery as possible. If the screen is bright, I'm already wasting a lot of juice and chances are pretty good I can see the keys without the backlight anyway. And most of the time my phone stays on minimum screen brightness if I'm inside, and I definitely don't need the keyboard at 100% brightness (which is way too bright for me).

    We will move out of your thread now :-)
  13. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #973  
    I've been having this problem for a while now: When I miss a call, the phone app opens. I don't think it's related to any other patches. Could ACSP be causing this?
  14. #974  
    I love the newest update. Adding the ability to take care of unknown and blocked calls is the icing on the cake. Thanks!
  15. #975  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I love the newest update. Adding the ability to take care of unknown and blocked calls is the icing on the cake. Thanks!
    Hopefully one day, one can do similar things with only a particular unknown number, like blacklist.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  16. #976  
    I just downloaded the previous version last night and today, I am getting an error when updating file. What new functionality if any was added in this version that may be conflicting with one of my patches? I really don't want to do an EPR since I just doctored my phone and I am so done with looking at loading screens and running scripts. Any assistance would be appreciated...cheers.


    "How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  17. #977  
    Failed
    -1: Unable ro run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals/patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 9 hunks failed -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rsj$

    Does anyone know what this means? This is the error message that I got.
    Last edited by activedodger; 10/18/2010 at 11:54 PM.


    "How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  18. #978  
    Have you installed any patches that touch your screenlock disable notifications, more standbytimes etc...
  19. #979  
    I love this patch! I am having a problem updating it tonight. Can anyone tell me what the conflict is? I really don't want to EPR again & reinstall all 76 of my patches for a 3rd time just to update this wonderful patch. Here is the error log:
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm 2>&1
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
  20. #980  
    Thanks for the quick response mamouton. I am such a patch/enhancement junkie that I may have installed something that struck me as beneficial but do not know. The error did mention screenlock and I checked but could not find anything. I will check for the ares you mentioned and If I find nothing, I'll just go ahead and do EPR. Thanks again and I'll let you know the outcome.


    "How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Posting Permissions