Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Actually I found a small bug regarding this. I f you have not saved the account setting i.e. toggled some option then there is half a second extra vibrate. So if this is the cause for you then please just toggle something in the preferences to get this fixed now. The next version has proper default settings.
    Thanks.

Fixed the issue for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    These are patches I had to uninstall:
    • Disable low battery notifications
    • Auto close phone app on hang up
    • SMS tone per contact
    • disable email blink notifications

and probably 1 or 2 others than I'm forgetting.

It's not hard to figure out which ones to uninstall, just look at everything this patch does then scroll through your installed patch list in preware. Remove any patches which this patch now makes obsolete.

Thanks sconix!
    "Close phone app on hangup" argh...I have that
  3.    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have the latest. I didn't have this issue in previous releases no big deal just thought I would share. I did the fix recommended earlier and made sure phone was on dialpad
    With the -86 version if you don't have set the power button action to hang up in phone preferences then there is no way that its related to this patch. If you have set it to hang up then if the telephony service crashed while on phone call then you can loose your power button, but luna restart should fix that not break it. Since the patch now only "steals" the power button when there is a active call, so if the button does not work after luna start my guess is that something else is causing it than this patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    No the inverted keyboard brightness is not included since IMHO it does not need configuration the inverted brightness works for every situation. We are trying to get slightly modified version of that patch into Preware in near future. That should work a bit better and have a bit higher minimum value. Since I really think that the inverted brightness should work in every situation and having configuration for setting fixed would be micro management.
    sconix, I am glad you are working on getting the "inverted keyboard brightness" patch into Preware soon. Yay! Could you also get the "fixed keyboard brightness" patch into Preware too?

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of the work you've done and continue to do to make the Pre the best phone on the planet!
    Hello all,
    This patch, along with the haptic feedback patch I have never been able to successfully install through Preware. I believe I uninstalled all patches that might conflict.....but it won't go. Suggestions? Should I just do what I did with Haptic Feedback and do it manually though Quickinstall?

thanks,
    Macros
    Might make more sense to run the EPR to remove all patches, then install it, so you can make sure to get rid of conflicting ones, or try the repair utility.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    open preware then open the menu drop down and go into saved package list and hit the update list button. then back out to the list of everything page and open it then type in emergency and a list of emergency patches will pop up and look for emergency patch recovery. install that patch and when it is done with the reboot open preware and install the advanced config for system pref. patch. then go into the saved package list again but this time hit the install all button. if preware seems to hang up while installing you just remember the name of the patch it hung on (it will have the name showing) and back swipe then open saved package list again and scroll down to the patch that hung up and swipe to delete , continue on in this fashion until its finished . every patch that hung up is either, 1) not in preware or 2) not compatible with this patch. hope this helps
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #948  
    I just released the fixed and inverted keyboard brightness patches into Preware so they should show up within one hour. Due to this I did not had time to test my changes to ACSP patch so the promised small bug fix release will go for tomorrow.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post
    Hello all,
    This patch, along with the haptic feedback patch I have never been able to successfully install through Preware. I believe I uninstalled all patches that might conflict.....but it won't go. Suggestions? Should I just do what I did with Haptic Feedback and do it manually though Quickinstall?

thanks,
    Macros
    If I understand you right, you don't need the haptic feedback patch with this. This patch installs haptic feedback. After following the instructions in the wiki to install (see first post), open the sound preferences icon and you will see the switch for haptic feedback there.

If you are having problems installing this patch, follow the directions as given in the wiki (link in first post) EXACTLY. There are a lot of patches this replaces and so conflict with. If you install this first, any you install after that conflict probably already have that feature included here. See the wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Might make more sense to run the EPR to remove all patches, then install it, so you can make sure to get rid of conflicting ones, or try the repair utility.
    That's what I am going to run myself (EPR). I ran the repair utility in OCM but I'm still getting errors. Removed all patches, but it appears that remnants of other patches are still intact. Don't want to beat a dead horse here or continue the treand of others who consistantly post their errors and questions here when clearly the answers have been given,and found in the wiki and op. But I noticed that it wasn t just this patch that has errors.

I know how to solve this, so if it helps others who are reading this and prevents them from continuing to post repeated posts in other pages here, all the better, and we can have a more spam free thread. "Run EPR or Repair Utility in OCM" and try installs again.

@ Ver and Shadavis, since others have yet to do so, thanks tab clicked
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 10/17/2010 at 10:00 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I just released the fixed and inverted keyboard brightness patches into Preware so they should show up within one hour. Due to this I did not had time to test my changes to ACSP patch so the promised small bug fix release will go for tomorrow.
    Works great I had to do two luna restarts for it to register. Thanks!
    sconix, thanks for submitting these patches to Preware!!! Just curious, for what reason(s) did you modify the Fixed Keyboard Brightness (FYB) patch to set the brightness to 80 versus the original 100? Is there a way to set it to 100?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    sconix, thanks for submitting these patches to Preware!!! Just curious, for what reason(s) did you modify the Fixed Keyboard Brightness (FYB) patch to set the brightness to 80 versus the original 100? Is there a way to set it to 100?
    +1

Although I rarely max out my brightness to 100 to begin with, nonetheless, the few times that I do set brightness to 100 would still be nice to have around as a user option.

Perhaps Sconix could enlighten us on the change to the max level of brightness?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

14.    #954  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I can push out a fixed to 100 patch as well, I just choose 80 since the point of keyboard light is to see the keys, and with 80 I can still see the lights in normal light (don't need to see them in day light etc. since I can see the letters just fine) and in dark the light is now pleasant for my eyes, I don't want the keyboard light to blind me, as what it is doing when set to 100 (ok it wont make me blind but I just think that its unpleasantly bright in a dark room).
  15.    #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    +1

Although I rarely max out my brightness to 100 to begin with, nonetheless, the few times that I do set brightness to 100 would still be nice to have around as a user option.

Perhaps Sconix could enlighten us on the change to the max level of brightness?
    The brightness level is only for the keyboard brightness, it wont cut out your screen brightness if thats what you mean.
    The brightness level is only for the keyboard brightness, it wont cut out your screen brightness if thats what you mean.
    I see. So it is entirely separate from the screen itself? Say I brighten the screen up to about 75%,the keyboard won't dim down?

EDIT: We are talking about inverted brightness here right? Lol if not, oops,my bad
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

17.    #957  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I see. So it is entirely separate from the screen itself? Say I brighten the screen up to about 75%,the keyboard won't dim down?

EDIT: We are talking about inverted brightness here right? Lol if not, oops,my bad
    At least I thought we are talking about the fixed versuon The inverted patch has a bit higher limit.
    At least I thought we are talking about the fixed versuon The inverted patch has a bit higher limit.
    lol that was pretty funny.

Okay then, that settles that haha thanks sconix.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

sconix,

Thanks for putting the keyboard patches in preware. I have a request, I personally use minimum brightness but wanted a fixed brightness that was not 80, 100, or inverted as I believe that percentage is way too high. I manually changed the fixed brightness patch to 25%.

I wanted to know if you could add a fixed keyboard brightness for the following percentages as well:

60%
    40%
    20%

or

50%
    25%

Whichever makes more sense to you.

I don't mean to be a bother, but I know that most pre owners are always looking at ways to save battery life.

Thanks again for the awesome patches!
  20.    #960  
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post
    sconix,

Thanks for putting the keyboard patches in preware. I have a request, I personally use minimum brightness but wanted a fixed brightness that was not 80, 100, or inverted as I believe that percentage is way too high. I manually changed the fixed brightness patch to 25%.

I wanted to know if you could add a fixed keyboard brightness for the following percentages as well:

60%
    40%
    20%

or

50%
    25%

Whichever makes more sense to you.

I don't mean to be a bother, but I know that most pre owners are always looking at ways to save battery life.

Thanks again for the awesome patches!
    Well I stick to those that I put out for now, but anybody can take that patch file and change the value and submit it again through the webos internals portal. And using the keyboard light to save battery, well I think having it set to 25 will give you minute or two more battery life during normal day use compared to having it set to 100. Or otherwise you would have to have keyboard open all the time and all connection settings disabled and screen brightness to minimum. Since otherwise any one of the connection / screen birghtness etc. the real battery consumers will take so much juice compared to keyboard light that it has practically no effect. Thats why I only released fixed 80 for now since it has no effect on battery life and it is bright enough but not too bright.