Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #901  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by "non existing configuration"? For example in my case, I had always been getting the 'system sound' as an audio alert when I charged my phone thru the USB port or via the touchstone. I continued to have no problems after installing the first two versions of your patch. It was only after v1.4.5-80 that suddenly I stopped getting the 'system sound' as an audio alert when charging. I checked all possible settings that I could think of including the relevant setting in 'Sound Settings' ie. under 'System Notifications' the 'Charger' setting showed that it was set to 'System Sound', which is what I wanted so I just left it alone. But the problem continued until I read thru this whole thread and found the 'toggle workaround'. I then changed the selection and changed back to 'system sound' and finally the problem was gone. I am not sure if my situation qualifies as a "non existing configuration". If it does qualify, then I suppose as you have mentioned it will be fixed in the next update. Thanks and your work is greatly appreciated.
    Sorry for being unclear, what the toggling workaround does is that it saves the configuration. Hence the bug was concerned those that did not had saved the configuration by changed something. And yes this bug was introduced I guess with -80 not sure, but was not there from the beginning. Anyway new release should be in Preware soon. It fixes 4 small bugs which hopefully are the last ones.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    sconix...just wanted to say that you are a very talented coder and one of the most responsive devs i have seen...i wish i had the means to donate but as a struggling student its difficult to do...i will make a proper donation for all the hard work you do soon when i am able...you have truly remade my sprint pre into a device that could hold me off til next year when the truly new devices come out (i think ill be skipping the pre 1.5 lol)
    seeing weird things - notifications sounds are getting mixed up with the wrong contacts, hearing the default sound then my assigned sound for a contact, hearing no notification...all seems random which one i get but they all come from having the screen off...the no notification sound came from a screen on! weird...

EDIT: having a text convo with one contact and i heard - one text with the default sound (screen off), one text with the assigned sound (screen off), one text with BOTH the default sound first then the assigned sound immediately after (screen off), one text with a random sound assigned to a different contact (screen off), and one no sound (screen on)...and i swear i heard one txt from the same contact earlier tonight with the sound i assigned to unknown contacts! i am entertained...ive heard these before but i think i am more aware after the last update...

EDIT: the screen on and everything happens the way i set it...the screen off and the pre seems to get confused lol

EDIT: last one i swear...i just got a txt from same person - screen on as i was looking over settings...first notification was unknown number sound with correct contact name popup notification, followed immediately by the correct assigned sound and correct contact name popup...answered that text and rec'd another with screen off this time with assigned sound and popup...random? anxiously awaiting the update...
    Last edited by swingracex; 10/15/2010 at 11:17 PM.
    Sconix, thanks for these great patches!! I was wondering if you were going to add something to replace the patch - Send All Contacts via Email, since it no longer works. I do use this & it will be missed greatly.
    As soon as I get my car up & running again, I WILL be sending in a donation for all your hard, appreciated work. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Don't ask me, I have never had any kind of sound/vibration etc. when I plug wall/usb charger in.
    That's odd, my wife has a pixi as I do and her phone is factory, with no patches, preware, or hacking and she gets a sound notify when she plugs in her charger or usb.
    Perhaps I will get punished or worse, flamed, for not knowing this, for it was probably, but not guarenteed to already have been posted here.

I was wondering if this patch also includes the inverted brightness to the screen and keyboard? And if so, or not, it is included, or possible to select various percentages to each, at the users choice, for full customization. I did not happen to read that in the p l c article.

Excuse me for being a bit exhausted and not reading through 46 pages of both educational and not so educational posts at the moment, I am dead beat, had a single lone ranger hunk error I can only be led to believe is that of an animated patch of which, I believe of the animated messaging variety, simply based on the root ipkg error I get which states messaging. . I un-installed every patch I had, which were only 6, other than the rest being 'animated patches'.

Originally there were a total of 3 ipkg hunk errors, two of which were from the low battery notifications patch.

At any rate, i'll be giving it another go tomorrow, run the Repair Utility in Override capability mode, or OCM, which has recently become my choice of 'house cleaning' for my pre+ as of late.

Best regards, fellow Palm brethren
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 10/16/2010 at 04:13 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  7.    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Perhaps I will get punished or worse, flamed, for not knowing this, for it was probably, but not guarenteed to already have been posted here.

I was wondering if this patch also includes the inverted brightness to the screen and keyboard? And if so, or not, it is included, or possible to select various percentages to each, at the users choice, for full customization. I did not happen to read that in the p l c article.

Excuse me for being a bit exhausted and not reading through 46 pages of both educational and not so educational posts at the moment, I am dead beat, had a single lone ranger hunk error I can only be led to believe is that of an animated patch of which, I believe of the animated messaging variety, simply based on the root ipkg error I get which states messaging. . I un-installed every patch I had, which were only 6, other than the rest being 'animated patches'.

Originally there were a total of 3 ipkg hunk errors, two of which were from the low battery notifications patch.

At any rate, i'll be giving it another go tomorrow, run the Repair Utility in ORC, which has recently become my choice of 'house cleaning' for my pre' as of late.

Best regards, fellow Palm brethren
    No the inverted keyboard brightness is not included since IMHO it does not need configuration the inverted brightness works for every situation. We are trying to get slightly modified version of that patch into Preware in near future. That should work a bit better and have a bit higher minimum value. Since I really think that the inverted brightness should work in every situation and having configuration for setting fixed would be micro management.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    seeing weird things - notifications sounds are getting mixed up with the wrong contacts, hearing the default sound then my assigned sound for a contact, hearing no notification...all seems random which one i get but they all come from having the screen off...the no notification sound came from a screen on! weird...

EDIT: having a text convo with one contact and i heard - one text with the default sound (screen off), one text with the assigned sound (screen off), one text with BOTH the default sound first then the assigned sound immediately after (screen off), one text with a random sound assigned to a different contact (screen off), and one no sound (screen on)...and i swear i heard one txt from the same contact earlier tonight with the sound i assigned to unknown contacts! i am entertained...ive heard these before but i think i am more aware after the last update...

EDIT: the screen on and everything happens the way i set it...the screen off and the pre seems to get confused lol

EDIT: last one i swear...i just got a txt from same person - screen on as i was looking over settings...first notification was unknown number sound with correct contact name popup notification, followed immediately by the correct assigned sound and correct contact name popup...answered that text and rec'd another with screen off this time with assigned sound and popup...random? anxiously awaiting the update...
    I am not seeing this, I just tested with all possible combinations and unknown number always played the unknown contact sound. I also looked into the existing unknown numbers patch and it seems that it tests the number for unknown,unknown number,empty etc. and I only do unknown number comparision. So maybe WebOS might be using different values for unknown numbers which seems a bit odd, but I add those other checks for next release.

EDIT: actually I got confused with the ringtone code where this could have been caused by that. For messages, by looking at the code the only way it could play default sound for unknown contact is that WebOS founds a contact info for the number from which the msg is coming. So I must say the problem you have experiencing is a bit weird.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/16/2010 at 04:30 AM.
    As promised, Sconix has released the international (WORLD) version for his ACSP. Of all his extensive works only System Menu Mods v1 (Device Menu) remains out of non en_us webOs devices. But now it is time to be grateful for this effort towards international users. It is time to donate to reward his labor.
    Thank you from all over the WORLD.
  10.    #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    As promised, Sconix has released the international (WORLD) version for his ACSP. Of all his extensive works only System Menu Mods v1 (Device Menu) remains out of non en_us webOs devices. But now it is time to be grateful for this effort towards international users. It is time to donate to reward his labor.
    Thank you from all over the WORLD.
    Thanks, and the world versions will follow for my other patches as well, hopefully quite soon.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you mean vibration when message etc. received then you need to go to invidual account preferences from messaging or email app and disable the extra vibration.
    Everything seems to be disabled for Vibration in individual account preferences and other stuff set to "Default". It used to be that on the TS, it would do a very low ring like bells when the ringer switch was set to silent and would vibrate otherwise when off the TS (unless in a call and phone to your face). Now it vibrates when any message is received regardless of location (on TS or not) causing it to vibrate right off the TS!
    Thanks for the world version of your patch, I've been waiting impatiently for that
  13.    #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Everything seems to be disabled for Vibration in individual account preferences and other stuff set to "Default". It used to be that on the TS, it would do a very low ring like bells when the ringer switch was set to silent and would vibrate otherwise when off the TS (unless in a call and phone to your face). Now it vibrates when any message is received regardless of location (on TS or not) causing it to vibrate right off the TS!
    All I can say that if you have set the vibration to disabled in every single account preferences then this patch wont effect the vibration on messages notifications in any way. They work as they would normally without the patch. Even the default action is set to not vibrate in the case the configuration for the specific account has not been set. I just tested by setting the vibrate to disabled and in TS there is no vibration.

If you have checked your message account notification preferences again please tell me if its only IM or SMS or both accounts that do the vibration. And is it email accounts as well or not. And make sure that you have also restarted your phone, so that top bar not knowing the TS connection is out of the questions as the fault for this.

Since I just tested with IM account and if I set the vibrate to disabled there is no vibrate when on TS.
  14.    #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Actually I found a small bug regarding this. I f you have not saved the account setting i.e. toggled some option then there is half a second extra vibrate. So if this is the cause for you then please just toggle something in the preferences to get this fixed now. The next version has proper default settings.
    I sucessfully installed the WR versions yesterday and just now I saw an update and tried the update but I got an error

Code:
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $9$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$app$/$controllers$/$securityconfig$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    Do I ave to do EPR every time an update comes out for this patch?

Thanks,
    Gx
    if the replacement file does not show up in webosdoctor, does that mean that I can just delete it ? How do I find that file?

thanks
    manny
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis2000 View Post
    if the replacement file does not show up in webosdoctor, does that mean that I can just delete it ? How do I find that file?

thanks
    manny
    Are you using the correct verion of webOS doctor with repair utility?
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Are you using the correct verion of webOS doctor with repair utility?
    I am using WebOSDoctor from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals ----> for 1.4.5 for Sprint.

I am looking for this file on my PRE:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html

I need to delete it since it is not allowing me to install ACSP. And WebOSDoctor cannot find a replacement file.

Do you know how to find this file?
    Thanks,
    Manish
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis2000 View Post
    I am using WebOSDoctor from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals ----> for 1.4.5 for Sprint.

I am looking for this file on my PRE:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html

I need to delete it since it is not allowing me to install ACSP. And WebOSDoctor cannot find a replacement file.

Do you know how to find this file?
    Thanks,
    Manish
    why dont you just run the repair utility in override compatibility mode and then install this patch ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    why dont you just run the repair utility in override compatibility mode and then install this patch ?
    I did run in override mode. And this is from the log file:

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Deleted backup of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Found md5sum: b48b43614a21cd0cd9617fc2253e0659
    Expected md5sum: 6fb15cf79d1754e0452b23461675ecb0
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

SO even webosdoctor doesnt have it.
    Thanks,
    Manny