Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #881  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdeleon774 View Post
    Sconix why was it making that noise when I pluggin in the charger before the updates?
    Don't ask me, I have never had any kind of sound/vibration etc. when I plug wall/usb charger in.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post

There seems to be some problem with the git repository. Hopefully the patch will show up soon. Anyway it's submitted so it's just matter of time when the build system manages to build it.
    Up and running now on WR and all seems well so far.

Gx
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Don't ask me, I have never had any kind of sound/vibration etc. when I plug wall/usb charger in.
    My Sprint Pre always has played the system sound when I plugged in the wall charger or put the phone on the TS. I'm now running ACSP and there is no change. The sound still plays, whether using the wall charger or TS.
    i was hoping the update was going to solve the phantom notifications i get...for texts and emails...i have to exit out of the convo card AND the messaging card for the notifications to stop...reading the last few pages it seems like im the only with them still lol...bleh
  5.    #885  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    i was hoping the update was going to solve the phantom notifications i get...for texts and emails...i have to exit out of the convo card AND the messaging card for the notifications to stop...reading the last few pages it seems like im the only with them still lol...bleh
    No you are not the only one, it seems that the case is that messaging app open, but screen off when message comes it leaves notifications on. Can you verify this? Since I am not currently able to reproduce this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    yes that is how i get them...i leave my messaging app open but either throw away cards or delete and throw away cards...and it seems i get them with screen off as opposed to screen lock (ie on ts)
    Then either your theme (if you have any) have edited the file or you have left overs from theme or uncleanly uninstalled patches. In this situation you can make sure that no theme/patches is installed then try once more if still get failed hunks then you can restore the file to its original state using WebOS repair utility.

I found the culprit! HOWEVER webosdoctor doesnt have it;

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Deleted backup of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Found md5sum: b48b43614a21cd0cd9617fc2253e0659
    Expected md5sum: 6fb15cf79d1754e0452b23461675ecb0
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

now what? Please help.
    Thank you,
    Manny
  8.    #888  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    yes that is how i get them...i leave my messaging app open but either throw away cards or delete and throw away cards...and it seems i get them with screen off as opposed to screen lock (ie on ts)
    I am able to reproduce this and I noticed that I actually broke the repeat times with the last fix attempt. Now I am 99% positive that I finally fixed the ghost repeats and 100% that I fixed the repeat times bug. So will release new version tomorrow and hopefully this is now fixed for every situation.
  9.    #889  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis2000 View Post
    I found the culprit! HOWEVER webosdoctor doesnt have it;

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Deleted backup of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Found md5sum: b48b43614a21cd0cd9617fc2253e0659
    Expected md5sum: 6fb15cf79d1754e0452b23461675ecb0
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

now what? Please help.
    Thank you,
    Manny
    Doctor definitely has that file so either there is some problems in the repair utility or with your doctor file. You could always manually unpack the doctor and copy the file over with WOSQI, but not the maybe someone more experienced with repair utility know easier fix for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Seems that charging alert sound (at least on TS) is disabled, despite being set to system sound.
    I noticed the same.
    I saw this too. Toggle it and it woorks again. Toggle = switchsettings then go back to default.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    oddly i am having an issue since the update where i dont get the system sound when the charger is connected or it is put on the touchstone.
    Just toggle the setting in the sound settings to something else and back, should fix it.
    The problem of no 'Charging battery - alert sound' when setting the phone on the touchstone or plugging in the wall charger to the USB port, appeared after v1.4.5-80 and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out why and where the problem had come from. I even uninstalled all my patches and tried this patch by itself, but the problem still remained. Due to lack of time I was unable to check this thread but when v1.4.5-83 appeared I had hoped that it would solve the problem. But alas it did not and then I spent a few hrs going through each and every post in this thread since October 6th to see if this issue had been brought up. I was glad to see that I was not the only one facing the problem, but what I found a little strange is that although the bug was identified right after v1.4.5-80 and had been mentioned by several people here, there still was no fix in v1.4.5-83. Even now all I see is a workaround being mentioned, ie. "toggle the setting in the sound settings" and even though the work around works fine, it is still a work around and not really a solution. In short what I am wondering is, why no fix for the bug and just leaving it for people to have to figure out all of this on their own. Am I missing something here? Is it not possible to fix the bug?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    My Sprint Pre always has played the system sound when I plugged in the wall charger or put the phone on the TS. I'm now running ACSP and there is no change. The sound still plays, whether using the wall charger or TS.
    I think all Pres, irrespective of carrier or GSM/CDMA, have always behaved this way and it is only after v1.4.5-80 that people started having problems with no sound.

12.    #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I think all Pres, irrespective of carrier or GSM/CDMA, have always behaved this way and it is only after v1.4.5-80 that people started having problems with no sound.
    Neither of my Pre's the sprint nor the O2 have made a sound ever when plugged to USB or Wall charger. I mean never not before this patch nor after. Not sure if the charger as default patch could do that since I use that or the maybe its a system sound (which I have off). Anyway the TS sound has always been there even with that patch and the system sounds off. So it might be that its just one of those that disabled the sounds at least for me.

Anyway the code is the same for no matter what charger is plugged in when it comes to this patch. So if it works for TS it should work for any of those if there is supposed to be a sound.
  13.    #893  
    The problem of no 'Charging battery - alert sound' when setting the phone on the touchstone or plugging in the wall charger to the USB port, appeared after v1.4.5-80 and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out why and where the problem had come from. I even uninstalled all my patches and tried this patch by itself, but the problem still remained. Due to lack of time I was unable to check this thread but when v1.4.5-83 appeared I had hoped that it would solve the problem. But alas it did not and then I spent a few hrs going through each and every post in this thread since October 6th to see if this issue had been brought up. I was glad to see that I was not the only one facing the problem, but what I found a little strange is that although the bug was identified right after v1.4.5-80 and had been mentioned by several people here, there still was no fix in v1.4.5-83. Even now all I see is a workaround being mentioned, ie. "toggle the setting in the sound settings" and even though the work around works fine, it is still a work around and not really a solution. In short what I am wondering is, why no fix for the bug and just leaving it for people to have to figure out all of this on their own. Am I missing something here? Is it not possible to fix the bug?
    The "workaround" should fix it permanently. If it does not then could you tell when the setting loses its effectiveness. After phone restart, after luna restart or what? Since for me the setting I have set for charger alert stays and works as it should. And since no one has reported this before I haven't known that there is something to fix. I noticed that there is still a small bug that if you don't have existing configuration then the charger sound is silenced. If you mean this bug then this is fixed in next release.
    Neither of my Pre's the sprint nor the O2 have made a sound ever when plugged to USB or Wall charger. I mean never not before this patch nor after. Not sure if the charger as default patch could do that since I use that or the maybe its a system sound (which I have off). Anyway the TS sound has always been there even with that patch and the system sounds off. So it might be that its just one of those that disabled the sounds at least for me.
    Go to 'Sound Settings' and in 'System Notifications' change the 'Charger' setting to = System Sound. Then place your phone on the touchstone or plug-in the wall charger cable to the mini USB port and you will have the sound.

15.    #895  
    Go to 'Sound Settings' and in 'System Notifications' change the 'Charger' setting to = System Sound. Then place your phone on the touchstone or plug-in the wall charger cable to the mini USB port and you will have the sound.
    EDIT: Scratch that my memory plays tricks on me. Now I tested the Sprint Pre does make a sound with USB/Wall as well, but my O2 Pre wont.
    The "workaround" should fix it permanently. If it does not then could you tell when the setting loses its effectiveness. After phone restart, after luna restart or what? Since for me the setting I have set for charger alert stays and works as it should.
    I realize that once a person knows and uses the "workaround", the problem will be most probably be resolved permanently. But that still leaves others who may not, like myself, not want to change the already existing setting of 'Charger = System sound', and not knowing that they need to toggle the selection once, will continue to have the problem until they learn about the toggle workaround. Thus, would it not be better if whatever bug is causing this issue be fixed in the patch itself?

17.    #897  
    I realize that once a person knows and uses the "workaround", the problem will be most probably be resolved permanently. But that still leaves others who may not, like myself, not want to change the already existing setting of 'Charger = System sound', and not knowing that they need to toggle the selection once, will continue to have the problem until they learn about the toggle workaround. Thus, would it not be better if whatever bug is causing this issue be fixed in the patch itself?
    So you mean the issue with none existing configuration then this is fixed in next release. These always tend to slip through my testing since I already have an existing configuration.
    And since no one has reported this before I haven't known that there is something to fix.
    But quite a few people have reported this problem. In fact you have yourself suggested the 'toggle workaround' in your response to atleast one person.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Seems that charging alert sound (at least on TS) is disabled, despite being set to system sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I noticed the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I saw this too. Toggle it and it woorks again. Toggle = switchsettings then go back to default.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    oddly i am having an issue since the update where i dont get the system sound when the charger is connected or it is put on the touchstone.
    Just toggle the setting in the sound settings to something else and back, should fix it.

19.    #899  
    But quite a few people have reported this problem. In fact you have yourself suggested the 'toggle workaround' in your response to atleast one person.
    I meant that the problem not getting permanently fixed with the toggling since that is what I first understood from your first message. As I said in the first reply the issue with none existing configuration is fixed already in next release and I was aware of that.
    I noticed that there is still a small bug that if you don't have existing configuration then the charger sound is silenced. If you mean this bug then this is fixed in next release.
    So you mean the issue with none existing configuration then this is fixed in next release. These always tend to slip through my testing since I already have an existing configuration.
    I am not sure what you mean by "non existing configuration"? For example in my case, I had always been getting the 'system sound' as an audio alert when I charged my phone thru the USB port or via the touchstone. I continued to have no problems after installing the first two versions of your patch. It was only after v1.4.5-80 that suddenly I stopped getting the 'system sound' as an audio alert when charging. I checked all possible settings that I could think of including the relevant setting in 'Sound Settings' ie. under 'System Notifications' the 'Charger' setting showed that it was set to 'System Sound', which is what I wanted so I just left it alone. But the problem continued until I read thru this whole thread and found the 'toggle workaround'. I then changed the selection and changed back to 'system sound' and finally the problem was gone. I am not sure if my situation qualifies as a "non existing configuration". If it does qualify, then I suppose as you have mentioned it will be fixed in the next update. Thanks and your work is greatly appreciated.