Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by holo650 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the international version. How soon can you make it. The patch sounds wonderful. I just can't wait........
    Please read Sconix's sub-forum announcement found here.
    Following those steps before posting, you would have answered your own question.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    Well, I have finally installed the patch. I decided to wait until this last release since it sounds like it will be the one for a while. I am happy to say I didn't have even one single issue with it. I did it while having the wiki up to refer to. I epr'd like the wiki suggested then put both of the advanced configuration patches on first. Installed perfectly on the first try. After that I went into Preware and worked through the saved packages list. Deleted all the ones that matched functionality shown in the wiki. All of the rest of my patches installed perfectly and not one single conflict. Also, I find everything as of now to be completely bug free, and I haven't had any of the problems that have been mentioned in this thread. I have been through all of the options and settings and all is good. So far, everything I use has done exactly as the instructions say, and exactly as I have set for each item I am using. I've got the 1GHz F105 kernal running, too, and it still is just as fast with all this installed as it was before!

I suppose I am probably a best case scenario here, but when I originally installed the advanced launcher configuration patch back when it came out, it also installed perfectly on the first try, and I haven't had any problems with it. Generally speaking, I have usually had good luck working with patches and haven't had any issues that couldn't be easily corrected.

I know a lot of people on here have said great work on this. I will echo this, but I am going to say ABSOLUTELY AWESOME WORK!!!! Thank You Sconix for giving us all these goodies to make our phones so much better!
    Thank you for taking the time to go through the wiki. It is greatly appreciated!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I found the culprit! HOWEVER webosdoctor doesnt have it;

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Deleted backup of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Found md5sum: b48b43614a21cd0cd9617fc2253e0659
    Expected md5sum: 6fb15cf79d1754e0452b23461675ecb0
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    I use AIM, yahoo and the facebook chat patch(google)
    Charles
    One extra question, how did you get yahoo?
    Yahoo messenger gets installed if you setup a yahoo email acct. At least that's how I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    One extra question, how did you get yahoo?
    Sconix you just add the yahoo account and you get yahoo messenger it has been there for while. I use it regularly.
    I have removed and added my Yahoo email account several times but I have been unbable to get Yahoo Messenger integration.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    There should not be any connection with alarm and with this patch.
    I wouldn't have thought it would. Just an fyi the problem started after the update and ended after the last update with no other changes. Whatever it was is resolved. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I've noticed since installing this patch that when the phone is on the touchstone or I'm talking on the phone (and the switch is to vibrate) that it actually vibrates now instead of just the light ring that it used to do. Is there a way that when it's on the touchstone or when I'm talking on the phone for it to go back to the light bell ring that is did? Now on the touchstone it often vibrates itself right off during the night..
    Sconix thanx man
    Sconix, thanks for these great patches!! I was wondering if you were going to add something to replace the patch - Send All Contacts via Email, since it no longer works. I do use this & it will be missed greatly.
    Also, my call duration would not work after my first install that failed. I ended up uninstalling it, rebooting & reinstalling it & all is good now. Just a fyi for those having issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I've noticed since installing this patch that when the phone is on the touchstone or I'm talking on the phone (and the switch is to vibrate) that it actually vibrates now instead of just the light ring that it used to do. Is there a way that when it's on the touchstone or when I'm talking on the phone for it to go back to the light bell ring that is did? Now on the touchstone it often vibrates itself right off during the night..
    Under preferences
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Isn't it to good to see when the signature is really included and when not, and to see the total number of characters? But I could add an option for selecting the behavior if really wanted.
    Not sure if this is related or not, but on the latest version, when creating a new message, after I enter the recipient, a space is automatically placed at the beginning of the message (indicated by the character counter showing (1) ). I don't use a greeting or signature and I've already checked to make sure there wasn't a space in those settings.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/15/2010 at 10:41 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Under preferences
    looked all through.. Didn't see anything related to this specific issue.
  12.    #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not sure if this is related or not, but on the latest version, when creating a new message, after I enter the recipient, a space is automatically placed at the beginning of the message (indicated by the character counter showing (1) ). I don't use a greeting or signature and I've already checked to make sure there wasn't a space in those settings.
    Ah it seems I forgot to update one if sentence. So this is small bug which will be fixed in next version. Thanks for reporting this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13.    #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    If you mean vibration when message etc. received then you need to go to invidual account preferences from messaging or email app and disable the extra vibration.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14.    #874  
    I just submitted the World ready (international) version of the patch so it should show up in Preware after an hour. It does not yet have any translations, but I will add them when I receive them. So those that are willing to provide translation for this patch please contact me via email scorpio.iix at gmail.com.

For other so please not that from now on there are two versions of this patch. The Advanced Configuration for System Preferences and Advanced Configuration for System Preferences - WORLD. The latter can only be installed on non US devices (devices with world ready WebOS version).
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis2000 View Post
    I found the culprit! HOWEVER webosdoctor doesnt have it;

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Deleted backup of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Found md5sum: b48b43614a21cd0cd9617fc2253e0659
    Expected md5sum: 6fb15cf79d1754e0452b23461675ecb0
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

now what?

How do I replace the above file that webosdoctor does not have? Please advise.

Thank you,
    Manny
    I just submitted the World ready (international) version of the patch so it should show up in Preware after an hour. It does not yet have any translations, but I will add them when I receive them. So those that are willing to provide translation for this patch please contact me via email scorpio.iix at gmail.com.

For other so please not that from now on there are two versions of this patch. The Advanced Configuration for System Preferences and Advanced Configuration for System Preferences - WORLD. The latter can only be installed on non US devices (devices with world ready WebOS version).
    I can see the WR version in Preware but says it isn't 1.4.5 compatible???

Thanks again for great work!
    Sconix I don't hear the nofity noise when I plug in my charger or usb?
  18.    #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I can see the WR version in Preware but says it isn't 1.4.5 compatible???

Thanks again for great work!
    There seems to be some problem with the git repository. Hopefully the patch will show up soon. Anyway it's submitted so it's just matter of time when the build system manages to build it.
  19.    #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdeleon774 View Post
    Sconix I don't hear the nofity noise when I plug in my charger or usb?
    Yes the charger notification is for TS only, the way WebOS has that implemented.
    Sconix why was it making that noise when I pluggin in the charger before the updates?