Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Sconix, will it be possible for Mode Switcher to control the additional functionality this patch provides? Specifically, the vibration selection for text messaging and email notifications. Being able to control this may finally allow for the silencing of email and text alerts when using the phone (by triggering when the phone app is in the foreground). I've been desperately searching for a solution to this issue for some time, as have many others.
    Yes there is boatload of new things coming to MS mainly thanks to this patch And it wont just stay to adding new settings so other goodies coming to MS in the near future...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #842  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdeleon774 View Post
    Sconix you are the man. Great work. You have a donation coming from me. Hey got a question, how will you handle the 2.0 update and these patches? Will it be compatible? Also, your other patch with the launcher, can you please tweak it with universal search so that only apps that are actually being searched for show up according to the letters pressed on keyboard and not all the other apps that use to have them letters in the name but no longer have them because they were renamed? Please. It's a clutter and fustration to search for an app and see too many apps showing up when only a few should show up according to the letter being pressed and not it's old app name. Thanx.
    There will be 2.0 versions of all my patches. Not sure yet if all features can be done on 2.0, but I would guess that most. As to other request ACAL and ACSP patch are now "onhold" in turns of new features until 2.0 is out. If I have extra time before 2.0 has come out then I will add few small things to those pathces such as the feature you are suggesting, but I doubt that I have since theres lots to do to get everything "ported" to 2.0 specially the MS needs much love for that.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    O.K., I seem to have succeeded in getting things back in order....but:

Nope, none of the Preware "Emergency..." tools worked. And I cannot get my Windows 7 PC to recognize my Pre, so I couldn't try the WebOSRepairUtility (the PC not recognizing my Pre is a chronic problem, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it!).

So I finally resigned myself to uninstall ALL my patches one-by-one, including both the "Advanced Config..." patches. I EPR'd and re-installed the "Advanced Config..." patches, then each of my other patches. VERY time consuming!

I noticed a few pages back that someone else had the EPR problem where patches are not uninstalled. Perhaps this isn't exclusive to my Pre or my feeble brain...?!

Anyway, things are good, but not as good as before; for example, I now cannot install the e-mail patch "Actual Words Instead of Icons" which I really dig (I hate those icons!). Sconix: could this be added someday?

Epilogue: Whew! I am now back on speaking terms with both my wife and my 16 yr. old! I guess that having my Pre back to normal is a critical factor for good overall social functioning in more ways than just electronic communication! (That, and the fact I apologized for being a jerk the other night might've helped.... ) Brings new meaning to the term "Homebrew"........
    The actual words not going to be part of this patch at least, but I am hopeful that with a bit of time some of the patches that I can't integrate into this one are hopefully made ACSP compatible. And good that you got your phone and other things sorted out
  4.    #844  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Hey sconix, any chance to get this and the other phone ones that conflict added to your patch? Just thinking that myself and others obviously use those patches and I know I really want them back.
    There of course will be some patches that are not compatible, but they should be few since most of them are already included. I wont include things that don't need configuration and for a while I wont include anything new. I hope that there will be ACSP compatible patches of the most wanted ones that conflict with this one and are not included. But you can always provide list of thing you think could use a configuration and are not include. I might add them at some point or its always even possible that you haven't notices that something is already possible with this.
  5.    #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I seem to still get ghost notifications...
    When you get them next please test by re-opening messaging app and see if it takes it away. And please tell the situation on which the ghost notifications started. Mainly did you have your messaging app open when message was received and screen state (locked/on) etc. Since at least now when you open msg app it will request canceling the notification thats for sure. So if the ghost notification still continues even after opening msg app then for some reason your WebOS is not carrying out the request to cancel the task.
  6.    #846  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Hey sconix, any chance to get this and the other phone ones that conflict added to your patch? Just thinking that myself and others obviously use those patches and I know I really want them back.
    The screen control while on charger will come after I have updated MS since it also has the ability to control the screen state and I want them to use the same code so thats why I am not adding this yet.
    I'm still waiting for the international version. How soon can you make it. The patch sounds wonderful. I just can't wait........
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by holo650 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the international version. How soon can you make it. The patch sounds wonderful. I just can't wait........
    It wont speed up the process if you ask here Like I already posted that its out most likely on Saturday might have even got it out today, but now not so sure lets see just lost 1 minute of my time
    hey sconix ! I just wanted to say hello ! Hows it going ? Kool thanks again for all the awesome patches !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hi:
    I have been trying to figure out what is conflicting with my installation for a couple of days now - and can not. Here is my IPKG log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    9 59680 9 5519 0 0 20515 0 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0:00:02 34279
    100 59680 100 59680 0 0 115k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 146k

identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences

install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej

remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm)

delete
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    Nothing Interesting.

How do I go about searching for the conflicting app/patch?
    What do I look for?
    Can you assist?

Thank you,
    Manny
    I suggest you open preware and then go into saved package list and hit the update button . Then find the emergency patch recovery patch and run it on your phone. After the recovery patch installs reboot . Then open preware and go into saved package list and scroll down to this patch and install it first and reboot phone. Then after reboot open preware again and go into the saved package list and hit the install all button . Which ever patches are conflicting with the install will hang up . All you do is back swipe when it hangs up and swipe to delete the last patch that did not install then hit the install all button again. So on and so forth. Until all patches are reinstalled.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis2000 View Post
    Hi:
    I have been trying to figure out what is conflicting with my installation for a couple of days now - and can not. Here is my IPKG log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    9 59680 9 5519 0 0 20515 0 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0:00:02 34279
    100 59680 100 59680 0 0 115k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 146k

identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences

install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej

remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm)

delete
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    Nothing Interesting.

How do I go about searching for the conflicting app/patch?
    What do I look for?
    Can you assist?

Thank you,
    Manny
    Delete an patches that have to do with sound repetetion or just sounds. And try download the OP patch again. Then try reinstalling the patches you originally deleted. Whatever doesn't reinstall was obviously the problem.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I did go through that process of "Saved package list and reinstalling" because I read it on the website. However when reinstalling everything - nothing is hanging. All my patches are installing fine. Afterwards when I try to install Advanced Config for Sys Prefs - thats what is hanging.
    Thanks,
    Manny
  14.    #854  
    I did go through that process of "Saved package list and reinstalling" because I read it on the website. However when reinstalling everything - nothing is hanging. All my patches are installing fine. Afterwards when I try to install Advanced Config for Sys Prefs - thats what is hanging.
    Thanks,
    Manny
    The wiki says install ACSP first then reinstall everything from the saved package list. Then the ones that conflict will not install and you can swipe them away.
    I just tried it:
    1.Saved Package List
    2.Ran Emergency Patch Recovery
    3.Reboot
    4.Install ACSP
    5.Got same IPKG log as above

I checked in Preware for Patches that may have been still installed and there aren't any.
    (hmmmmm)

Thanks,
    Manny
  16.    #856  
    I just tried it:
    1.Saved Package List
    3.Reboot
    4.Install ACSP

I checked in Preware for Patches that may have been still installed and there aren't any.
    (hmmmmm)

Thanks,
    Manny
    Then either your theme (if you have any) have edited the file or you have left overs from theme or uncleanly uninstalled patches. In this situation you can make sure that no theme/patches is installed then try once more if still get failed hunks then you can restore the file to its original state using WebOS repair utility.
    I just tried it:
    1.Saved Package List
    3.Reboot
    4.Install ACSP

(hmmmmm)

Thanks,
    Manny
    run the repair utility with the override compatibility check marked. Override should be in the options menu at the top of the page when repair utility is open..
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Sconix with this release, the prior problem of premade autoreply in every NEW text messages, instead of just reject calls is solved. Thanks.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Then either your theme (if you have any) have edited the file or you have left overs from theme or uncleanly uninstalled patches. In this situation you can make sure that no theme/patches is installed then try once more if still get failed hunks then you can restore the file to its original state using WebOS repair utility.

Which file do I need to restore?
    Thanks,
    Manny
  20.    #860  
    Which file do I need to restore?
    Thanks,
    Manny
    The files that have the failed hunks in the ipkg log. Or it does not hurt to replace all files that the repair utility says that are not original. Since when you have no patches/theme installed all files should be in original state.