Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Tried installing. First time I had 6 lines of errors. I've removed a number of patches that might have conflicted with the named list of errors (contacts, phone, messaging, etc.). Attempted to install a second time and this time I have the following two lines of errors listed. So I did manage to whittle the list down by removing some of the patches I thought might be guilty of conflicting. These two remaining errors were part of the original 6 listed. Anyone out there able to determine what patches might need to be removed so that I can try adding this mega-patch? I think I've removed all contacts patches, all message patches and all phone patches that might have conflicted so I'm very confused by the "contacts" in the first line error.

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Appreciate the assist!
    By looking at the failed lines its most likely contacts and screenlock related patches that conflict. Few come to my mind: Create birthday / Email all contacts or some else that modifies the contacts appmenu and for screenlock, brightness to 0/5, more turn off times, or something that modifies the screenlock preferences app.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #822  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Sconix,

About 6% of the crap you added / changed / modified I hate / dislike / think could be changed.

The other 94% is freaking amazing!!!!

Seriously, why the hell hasn't Palm reached out and hired you - seriously, this is the unofficial version 1.5 that will never be released.

You and the other Advanced Config guy deserve to get special dispensation / retention of customers pay from Palm.

I was so switching to the EVO till you guys and the guys that overclock the chip came waltzing into my Pre life (get it....).

Thank you.

Patrick
    Thanks, even they would somehow see my work / ideas as a positive thing I am afraid that I live a bit too far for Palm/HP to be interested and it might be some time before HP brings WebOS development to Finland Which is a shame, I really, I mean really like this platform and if I could do something for it as my work it would be like dream come true. Always liked UI / OS design/coding. For now I have to stick to the patches which is a shame since making patches is a bit limiting (not everything that I would like to do / change is reasonable with patches and some choices I make are based on what changes the code the least not to what I want or see as the best).

And please do tell what the 6% that you don't like is, criticism is more welcomed than compliments Not saying that I will fix whats wrong in your opinion, but sometimes the ideas or criticism that other have are actually very good points and I might integrate some of them into my patches or other work in the future.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    hey sconix what's up ? With the messaging signature , Is there a way you could hide the signature until the text is posted like the singular patch does ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    sconix.
    Thank you. 1 down, 1 to go. I've removed the following two additional patches:
    Create Birthday Events
    More Default Snooze Times

That eliminated the first error: .contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Just need to figure out which patch is conflicting with the screenlock app. I'm off to keep looking!
    Last edited by qwiklight; 10/14/2010 at 05:53 PM.
  5.    #825  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey sconix what's up ? With the messaging signature , Is there a way you could hide the signature until the text is posted like the singular patch does ?
    Isn't it to good to see when the signature is really included and when not, and to see the total number of characters? But I could add an option for selecting the behavior if really wanted.
    I get an error when installing the latest version, but it cites bar-assistant, which I am not seeing anywhere in this thread. I uninstalled all of my top bar patches and restared, but no luck. Is there another patch type I should be watching for?
  7.    #827  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    I get an error when installing the latest version, but it cites bar-assistant, which I am not seeing anywhere in this thread. I uninstalled all of my top bar patches and restared, but no luck. Is there another patch type I should be watching for?
    The bar-assistant is a bit problematic since many of the patches touch it not just top bar related patches. So far I am not familiar with any that conflicts with this one other than the patches that change the battery alerts sound etc. Since this patch provides the changing of low battery alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Call History During Call was the one causing that conflict for me. About 5 pages back there's a list of 5 other patches someone found that caused the same conflict message.
    Got it!

I still had the "No Auto Off While Charging" patch installed. Probably should have been one of the first to be removed but I couldn't discern that from the IPKG error log and it's listed earlier in this thread.

Now I'm off to see which patches that I still want will reinstall. Any others are probably covered by this awesome patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well since you went to that extreme with trying to correct the problem with installing this patch, your best bet at this point would be to doctor your device and start over.

While your phone is being doctored, you should really read the wiki (Guessing you didn't, cause you didn't mention it. See OP for link). If you would have done that to begin with, you wouldn't be in the pickle your in now.

The wiki contains the recommend installation method for installing the Advanced Configuration patches.
    Thanks oakridge outdoors. What i did instead was just install ACSP over again and then removed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The bar-assistant is a bit problematic since many of the patches touch it not just top bar related patches. So far I am not familiar with any that conflicts with this one other than the patches that change the battery alerts sound etc. Since this patch provides the changing of low battery alert.
    well I just liked not having to look at the signature in my face while typing then it showing up in the text is all . Thanks again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I install it after removed " Send all contact by Email" patch
    Now I am looking for that patch to be fix
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm having this problem too. I really don't want to have to uninstall all of my patches!!!
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Sconix, will it be possible for Mode Switcher to control the additional functionality this patch provides? Specifically, the vibration selection for text messaging and email notifications. Being able to control this may finally allow for the silencing of email and text alerts when using the phone (by triggering when the phone app is in the foreground). I've been desperately searching for a solution to this issue for some time, as have many others.
    Sconix you are the man. Great work. You have a donation coming from me. Hey got a question, how will you handle the 2.0 update and these patches? Will it be compatible? Also, your other patch with the launcher, can you please tweak it with universal search so that only apps that are actually being searched for show up according to the letters pressed on keyboard and not all the other apps that use to have them letters in the name but no longer have them because they were renamed? Please. It's a clutter and fustration to search for an app and see too many apps showing up when only a few should show up according to the letter being pressed and not it's old app name. Thanx.
    If I am reading this right you mean that Preware still says that your patches are installed even they are not. If this is the case then there is a repair utility for that that fixes the installed packages list. I can't remember the name but its one of those Emergency tools in Preware. Reading the descriptions should give you a clue which one.

About the wife problem, since I am pretty sure that sending her to the doctor won't help (with Pre it usually fixes everything) I am a bit out of options, but I guess now when its you whose not speaking maybe its not your problem anymore
    O.K., I seem to have succeeded in getting things back in order....but:

Nope, none of the Preware "Emergency..." tools worked. And I cannot get my Windows 7 PC to recognize my Pre, so I couldn't try the WebOSRepairUtility (the PC not recognizing my Pre is a chronic problem, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it!).

So I finally resigned myself to uninstall ALL my patches one-by-one, including both the "Advanced Config..." patches. I EPR'd and re-installed the "Advanced Config..." patches, then each of my other patches. VERY time consuming!

I noticed a few pages back that someone else had the EPR problem where patches are not uninstalled. Perhaps this isn't exclusive to my Pre or my feeble brain...?!

Anyway, things are good, but not as good as before; for example, I now cannot install the e-mail patch "Actual Words Instead of Icons" which I really dig (I hate those icons!). Sconix: could this be added someday?

Epilogue: Whew! I am now back on speaking terms with both my wife and my 16 yr. old! I guess that having my Pre back to normal is a critical factor for good overall social functioning in more ways than just electronic communication! (That, and the fact I apologized for being a jerk the other night might've helped.... ) Brings new meaning to the term "Homebrew"........
    Well, I have finally installed the patch. I decided to wait until this last release since it sounds like it will be the one for a while. I am happy to say I didn't have even one single issue with it. I did it while having the wiki up to refer to. I epr'd like the wiki suggested then put both of the advanced configuration patches on first. Installed perfectly on the first try. After that I went into Preware and worked through the saved packages list. Deleted all the ones that matched functionality shown in the wiki. All of the rest of my patches installed perfectly and not one single conflict. Also, I find everything as of now to be completely bug free, and I haven't had any of the problems that have been mentioned in this thread. I have been through all of the options and settings and all is good. So far, everything I use has done exactly as the instructions say, and exactly as I have set for each item I am using. I've got the 1GHz F105 kernal running, too, and it still is just as fast with all this installed as it was before!

I suppose I am probably a best case scenario here, but when I originally installed the advanced launcher configuration patch back when it came out, it also installed perfectly on the first try, and I haven't had any problems with it. Generally speaking, I have usually had good luck working with patches and haven't had any issues that couldn't be easily corrected.

I know a lot of people on here have said great work on this. I will echo this, but I am going to say ABSOLUTELY AWESOME WORK!!!! Thank You Sconix for giving us all these goodies to make our phones so much better!
  18. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Got it!

I still had the "No Auto Off While Charging" patch installed...

Hey sconix, any chance to get this and the other phone ones that conflict added to your patch? Just thinking that myself and others obviously use those patches and I know I really want them back.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I seem to still get ghost notifications...
    This patch includes the call duration in call log. For them to show just go into phone app preferences and toggle some setting so the settings get stored. May need luna restart for call duration to show up, but they should be visible then.
    For me toggling did not reveal the call duration, but toggling and then Luna Restart did.

This is a truly great patch, it contains functionality that should have been included when the Pre was first released.

Excellent work.

Good suggestion for per contact configuration. At some point there will be more per contact configurations so will then add this when I get back to this patch.
    Your ability to include these excellent suggestions is impressive to say the least.

I particularly like this suggestion and the one about incoming vs outgoing On Call View.

I look forward to your future tweaks.