Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    i have this one. so...what to do? do i have to delete that one to get this to work? does your patch provide this function now?
    You have to uninstall it to get this installed. This now edits that menu to add the unknown contact preferences item which causes the conflict. So this does not provide that functionality And I don't see any use for that functionality so not too keen on adding. It would be easy to make the patch compatible with this one though.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. #782  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    And I don't see any use for that functionality
    i've used it a few times already for adding contacts to lists not tied to my Palm profile/gmail account...so hopefully this patch is updated.
  3.    #783  
    New release is in the feeds withing hour. It should fix all the known bugs. Please report any problems.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. #784  
    @sconix

    In regards to phone preferences, application section: Could the On Call behavior be separated out into two options?

    Incoming View
    Outgoing View

    With Incoming I'd prefer to have Contact as the view as I'm not likely to be using the dialpad when someone calls me.

    With Outgoing I'd prefer to have Dialpad as the view because more often than not I'm calling into an automated system such as voice mail (plus I know who I'm calling already )
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    @sconix

    In regards to phone preferences, application section: Could the On Call behavior be separated out into two options?

    Incoming View
    Outgoing View

    With Incoming I'd prefer to have Contact as the view as I'm not likely to be using the dialpad when someone calls me.

    With Outgoing I'd prefer to have Dialpad as the view because more often than not I'm calling into an automated system such as voice mail (plus I know who I'm calling already )
    Good point, but wont add currently. I need to address other stuff and I think this patch is now enough "ready" to let it bee for a while. When I get back to making this patch better then this might be one thing to be added.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #786  
    Yes, NachoB made a very good recommendation about creating an incoming and an outgoing call view. Brilliant!
  7. #787  
    Eventhough it has been said at least a million times in these threads, sconix, thank you for all of the work you have done to make this phone even more "awesomer"!
  8. #788  
    I had installed/reinstall this patch since you've released it.
    The latest release (the one on Preware as of 10/13/2010, 8pm-10pm EDT), I beleive, caused the Messaging app to have the following issue.

    The main message page displays OK (it shows the user or phone# and the last message as it normal should)
    I select any conversation the the screen display as if there is no message to or from that user. I can send a text but I do not see it in the conversation - still blank.

    This is what I did to figure out it was your patch.

    1. Had many patches including yours.
    2. Removed UberKernel
    3. Issue still there
    4. Removed all patches (emergency patch removal)
    5. Message App works (Woo Hoo!)
    6. Added UberKernel
    7. Message App works
    8. Added all patches not related to Messaging (or email - why I didnt add email patch IDK), including this one
    9. Messaging App failed
    10. Removed this patch
    11. Messaging App works again.
    12. This is the state my Pre is in now. (Palm Pre, not Plus)

    I am not sure what version i had prior to yesterday or what version I installed yesterday evening. As of 10:51am EDT the version I can load is 1.4.5-80 10/12/10. However it appears there may be a version > than this. I will test that as soon as I can get it loaded.

    I'd be happy to help in any way I can to help resolve, if this is in fact the patch causing the issue.
  9.    #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicroChip View Post
    I had installed/reinstall this patch since you've released it.
    The latest release (the one on Preware as of 10/13/2010, 8pm-10pm EDT), I beleive, caused the Messaging app to have the following issue.

    The main message page displays OK (it shows the user or phone# and the last message as it normal should)
    I select any conversation the the screen display as if there is no message to or from that user. I can send a text but I do not see it in the conversation - still blank.

    This is what I did to figure out it was your patch.

    1. Had many patches including yours.
    2. Removed UberKernel
    3. Issue still there
    4. Removed all patches (emergency patch removal)
    5. Message App works (Woo Hoo!)
    6. Added UberKernel
    7. Message App works
    8. Added all patches not related to Messaging (or email - why I didnt add email patch IDK), including this one
    9. Messaging App failed
    10. Removed this patch
    11. Messaging App works again.
    12. This is the state my Pre is in now. (Palm Pre, not Plus)

    I am not sure what version i had prior to yesterday or what version I installed yesterday evening. As of 10:51am EDT the version I can load is 1.4.5-80 10/12/10. However it appears there may be a version > than this. I will test that as soon as I can get it loaded.

    I'd be happy to help in any way I can to help resolve, if this is in fact the patch causing the issue.
    This is fixed in -83 which is in the feeds already. To fix it with -80 you just need to go to your sms preferences and toggle some of the notification settings so that the settings are stored and everything should work as before.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. Mutt's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #790  
    @sconix

    thank you, very very nice. I have a feature request/suggestion.
    per contact show/hide SMS notification.

    thanks again.

    ---------

    to the group, any workaround for the "call duration in call log" patch conflict?
  11. #791  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicroChip View Post
    I had installed/reinstall this patch since you've released it.
    The latest release (the one on Preware as of 10/13/2010, 8pm-10pm EDT), I beleive, caused the Messaging app to have the following issue.

    The main message page displays OK (it shows the user or phone# and the last message as it normal should)
    I select any conversation the the screen display as if there is no message to or from that user. I can send a text but I do not see it in the conversation - still blank.

    This is what I did to figure out it was your patch.

    1. Had many patches including yours.
    2. Removed UberKernel
    3. Issue still there
    4. Removed all patches (emergency patch removal)
    5. Message App works (Woo Hoo!)
    6. Added UberKernel
    7. Message App works
    8. Added all patches not related to Messaging (or email - why I didnt add email patch IDK), including this one
    9. Messaging App failed
    10. Removed this patch
    11. Messaging App works again.
    12. This is the state my Pre is in now. (Palm Pre, not Plus)

    I am not sure what version i had prior to yesterday or what version I installed yesterday evening. As of 10:51am EDT the version I can load is 1.4.5-80 10/12/10. However it appears there may be a version > than this. I will test that as soon as I can get it loaded.

    I'd be happy to help in any way I can to help resolve, if this is in fact the patch causing the issue.
    The messaging app problem will be fixed in next release.
    The problem, a work around and now the upcoming release fixing that problem has been posted many times on the past few pages and is also listed under the status section on the wiki.

    Also, please read the forum announcement when you have time.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12.    #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    @sconix

    thank you, very very nice. I have a feature request/suggestion.
    per contact show/hide SMS notification.

    thanks again.

    ---------

    to the group, any workaround for the "call duration in call log" patch conflict?
    This patch includes the call duration in call log. For them to show just go into phone app preferences and toggle some setting so the settings get stored. May need luna restart for call duration to show up, but they should be visible then.

    Good suggestion for per contact configuration. At some point there will be more per contact configurations so will then add this when I get back to this patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This patch includes the call duration in call log. For them to show just go into phone app preferences and toggle some setting so the settings get stored. May need luna restart for call duration to show up, but they should be visible then.
    It seems that some people had to restart the device/luna to get the call duration to show. Personally, mine just was there after toggling a few options in the phone prefs.

    So toggle some settings and restart folks!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. Mutt's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This patch includes the call duration in call log. For them to show just go into phone app preferences and toggle some setting so the settings get stored. May need luna restart for call duration to show up, but they should be visible then.

    Good suggestion for per contact configuration. At some point there will be more per contact configurations so will then add this when I get back to this patch.
    thanks, yeah I just read that in the wiki. I was looking for a setting for it. doing the restart now.
  15. #795  
    Thanks for all the hard work sconix! My alarm stopped working the same day I noticed the empty text message issue. Any chance that may be an issue with the update?
  16.    #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work sconix! My alarm stopped working the same day I noticed the empty text message issue. Any chance that may be an issue with the update?
    There should not be any connection with alarm and with this patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The messaging app problem will be fixed in next release.
    The problem, a work around and now the upcoming release fixing that problem has been posted many times on the past few pages and is also listed under the status section on the wiki.

    Also, please read the forum announcement when you have time.
    Thanks, I should have read back more that a couple pages.
    Last edited by MrMicroChip; 10/14/2010 at 10:36 AM.
  18. #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This is fixed in -83 which is in the feeds already. To fix it with -80 you just need to go to your sms preferences and toggle some of the notification settings so that the settings are stored and everything should work as before.
    Yep. It is in the feed now. I installed it and the messaging app is working as it should.

    Sorry, I didn't look back far enough to see that this was a known issue.

    However, thanks for your time and effort in making this patch. I really like this one. Makes thing easier.
  19. #799  
    Sconix,

    Thank you for your earlier communication. I'm the individual who still is having issues with my emails not showing up and I wanted to run something by you. I've noticed that anytime that I run a Luna rescan and go into my email accounts (preferences), my notification has been reset to mute for all of my email accounts except my EAS (Outlook) account. Do you know what would be overwriting my selections for these preferences? I'm stumped and I'm trying to not have to visit the doctor.

    tx,
  20. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #800  
    Looks like this patch is just about done, IMO

Posting Permissions