Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by akram116 View Post
    I have issue install the patch, it was working fine til yesterday, today not function at all. any help
    1. Please read the OP here first.

    2. If you have read that and followed the steps there and still have problems, please report back.

    Your post does not provide any useful information for anyone to help you.
    What exactly is the problem (ala what do you mean "today not function at all")?

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  2. #762  
    I downloaded this patch and the got same txt problems. Deleted every other patch and nothing. I noticed all contact information was missing as well (only contact names appeared). So i decided to backup data and erase apps and data. Signed on to my profile after reboot. I noticed patches were still installed so I downloaded preware again but no installed patches show up on the list. How can I fix this? I did the txt fix so that works now but preware doesnt show any of the patches ive installed. Help please.
  3. #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    At the risk of sounding like I'm whining, I have twice posted what I think is a worse problem, but I really don't know if it has anything to do with the patch or if I screwed up on the update/installation: none of my patches are working despite the fact that Preware indicates that they are all installed.

    Just in case, I wanted to get this in before you update the patch etc.

    Here is my latest post:
    **************************
    I posted this late last night, but didn't get any responses. I can understand, though, given how fast and furious this thread is moving along!

    Please consider helping me troubleshoot--thanks!

    ********************
    O.K., my Pre is messed up again after trying to do the update. Got that "been there, done that" feeling, but here are some differences. To the best of my recollection, here's what I did tonight:

    1. Tried to update the ACSP patch.
    2. Got a error "failed hunk" message.
    3. Did the original installation procedure as outlined on the wiki, i.e., (with proper restarts) ran Saved Package List, then EPR, install/update ACSP, then Saved Package List & Install All.

    However, the list stated all my patches were installed and nothing happened (the list shows little green arrows pointing down on each patch or app). I also kept getting the Mode Switcher app starting itself and telling me I had to have the "Luna Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch installed, but, as I said, the list shows it is installed.

    Why are the patches not re-installing if they are listed as such? For example, when I tap on ACAL in the list, I only have the "Remove" option. But my launcher is back to factory settings.

    Please help! Thanks!
    **************

    FWIW: I'm also getting the power button problem. My WiFi wasn't working until I pulled the battery and restarted.

    Finally, my wife isn't speaking to me today--will that be fixed in the update?!
    Well your problem with "none of your patches work" most likely have nothing to do with this patch and more to do with some other issue on your device.

    Do you really mean none of your patches work after running EPR, installing this patch, then installing all from the SPL (saved package list)?

    When you tried to update this patch, you said you got hunk errors. Any chance you retained them for posting here? (most likely not, but would be helpful to see what the error was)

    Here is what I suggest. The choices are yours whether you follow them or not. I'm just trying to help.

    1. Follow the steps on the wiki again. Basically rerun EPR. Install this patch. Install your remaining patches one by one instead of using the install all button in the SPL.

    (Remember that any patch that provides the same or similar functionality of this patch should be removed. Also, to be on the safe side, remove any themes too. You can always reinstall the theme, right!?)

    2. If that don't work, you could always doctor your phone.

    Because I test a lot of patches/kernels/apps, etc... I often doctor/EPR my device. It is not that bad.

    Your wife is not speaking to you? Well... would that be cause your spending too much time trying to get your phone working again?

    You might try the WWRU (WebOS Wife Repair Utility) found in Preware (ok not actually something in Preware)

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. #764  
    Very good advice... especially the WWRU!
  5. #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by cogedor View Post
    I downloaded this patch and the got same txt problems. Deleted every other patch and nothing. I noticed all contact information was missing as well (only contact names appeared). So i decided to backup data and erase apps and data. Signed on to my profile after reboot. I noticed patches were still installed so I downloaded preware again but no installed patches show up on the list. How can I fix this? I did the txt fix so that works now but preware doesnt show any of the patches ive installed. Help please.
    Well since you went to that extreme with trying to correct the problem with installing this patch, your best bet at this point would be to doctor your device and start over.

    While your phone is being doctored, you should really read the wiki (Guessing you didn't, cause you didn't mention it. See OP for link). If you would have done that to begin with, you wouldn't be in the pickle your in now.

    The wiki contains the recommend installation method for installing the Advanced Configuration patches.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6. kbrabble's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #766  
    Never mind... Problem was not with this patch....
  7. #767  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well your problem with "none of your patches work" most likely have nothing to do with this patch and more to do with some other issue on your device.

    Do you really mean none of your patches work after running EPR, installing this patch, then installing all from the SPL (saved package list)?

    When you tried to update this patch, you said you got hunk errors. Any chance you retained them for posting here? (most likely not, but would be helpful to see what the error was)

    Here is what I suggest. The choices are yours whether you follow them or not. I'm just trying to help.

    1. Follow the steps on the wiki again. Basically rerun EPR. Install this patch. Install your remaining patches one by one instead of using the install all button in the SPL.

    (Remember that any patch that provides the same or similar functionality of this patch should be removed. Also, to be on the safe side, remove any themes too. You can always reinstall the theme, right!?)

    2. If that don't work, you could always doctor your phone.

    Because I test a lot of patches/kernels/apps, etc... I often doctor/EPR my device. It is not that bad.

    Your wife is not speaking to you? Well... would that be cause your spending too much time trying to get your phone working again?

    You might try the WWRU (WebOS Wife Repair Utility) found in Preware (ok not actually something in Preware)
    I appreciate your efforts, but the problem is still there. To answer your questions,

    *Yes, I mean that my patches don't work (maybe one or two slipped by me, but the main ones don't work).
    *Nope, sorry, did not copy the original hunk errors.

    As far as retrying the EPR procedure, I'm not sure you caught what I said: the patches cannot be installed one-by-one because they are already installed! Each patch only gives me the "Remove" option after each EPR procedure.

    But I did the whole procedure again anyway. I uninstalled ACSP and reinstalled it. Same problem: all the patches are installed according to Preware, but they are not functional.

    I would gladly uninstall any conflicting patches, but I don't know which ones they would be. I've read this entire thread, and I've not noticed any problem patches folks have mentioned that are also ones I have installed. AND: if there were conflicting patches, I'd get the RED "failed hunk" message when I tried to install, right?! I don't get them now and, like I said, all the patches I've ever had are listed as installed (but they don't work, blah, blah, blah...).

    Sconix, if you're out there, do you have any ideas? I'd like to hear from you before I try the Doctor route--I'm a virgin, and I'm a little scared!

    (Wife update: she's speaking to me now, but I'm not speaking to her....You guessed it, oak-man, I'm having a contentious affair with one Miss Pre, and I'm never home....)
  8.    #768  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    I appreciate your efforts, but the problem is still there. To answer your questions,

    *Yes, I mean that my patches don't work (maybe one or two slipped by me, but the main ones don't work).
    *Nope, sorry, did not copy the original hunk errors.

    As far as retrying the EPR procedure, I'm not sure you caught what I said: the patches cannot be installed one-by-one because they are already installed! Each patch only gives me the "Remove" option after each EPR procedure.

    But I did the whole procedure again anyway. I uninstalled ACSP and reinstalled it. Same problem: all the patches are installed according to Preware, but they are not functional.

    I would gladly uninstall any conflicting patches, but I don't know which ones they would be. I've read this entire thread, and I've not noticed any problem patches folks have mentioned that are also ones I have installed. AND: if there were conflicting patches, I'd get the RED "failed hunk" message when I tried to install, right?! I don't get them now and, like I said, all the patches I've ever had are listed as installed (but they don't work, blah, blah, blah...).

    Sconix, if you're out there, do you have any ideas? I'd like to hear from you before I try the Doctor route--I'm a virgin, and I'm a little scared!

    (Wife update: she's speaking to me now, but I'm not speaking to her....You guessed it, oak-man, I'm having a contentious affair with one Miss Pre, and I'm never home....)
    If I am reading this right you mean that Preware still says that your patches are installed even they are not. If this is the case then there is a repair utility for that that fixes the installed packages list. I can't remember the name but its one of those Emergency tools in Preware. Reading the descriptions should give you a clue which one.

    About the wife problem, since I am pretty sure that sending her to the doctor won't help (with Pre it usually fixes everything) I am a bit out of options, but I guess now when its you whose not speaking maybe its not your problem anymore
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #769  
    Emergency Reconstruction Utility, I believe is what you're looking for.
  10. #770  
    try installing the patches on top of the patches already installed it should work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #771  
    Just to make sure that this get's logged as an issue, I'm now having problems seeing my emails, not my texts as I posted earlier. I haven't downloaded any additional patches in awhile and I've been using the ACSP patch for about a month now. I've tried the SMS account update toggle that worked for my texts but no such luck.
  12. #772  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubad View Post
    I uninstalled every patch. Then I tried EPR and I still get the same Failed Hunks message.
    messaging plugins will conflict with the installation
  13.    #773  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Just to make sure that this get's logged as an issue, I'm now having problems seeing my emails, not my texts as I posted earlier. I haven't downloaded any additional patches in awhile and I've been using the ACSP patch for about a month now. I've tried the SMS account update toggle that worked for my texts but no such luck.
    Email changes does not have the bug that the messaging app had, I have checked that. And changes to email app made by this patch are minimal so I doubt that its this patch. Are you sure that the messages are not just loading? If you still believe its this patch please go into email app and select email so that you see the problem. After that retrieve /var/log/messages file from the phone for example with internalz and send it to me at scorpio.iix at gmail.com. So I can make sure if its this patch or no. So far you are only one reported this kind of problem.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14.    #774  
    Those who are experiencing the power button problem please change your default view to dialpad If its set to call log the power button will loose its functionality after phone call is disconnected. I will try to fix this now and then release a new release later today.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/14/2010 at 08:13 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15. #775  
    Do you want me to send you the entire log that comes up? If so, can you explain to me quickly how to do that via Internalz? tx!!


    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Email changes does not have the bug that the messaging app had, I have checked that. And changes to email app made by this patch are minimal so I doubt that its this patch. Are you sure that the messages are not just loading? If you still believe its this patch please go into email app and select email so that you see the problem. After that retrieve /var/log/messages file from the phone for example with internalz and send it to me at scorpio.iix at gmail.com. So I can make sure if its this patch or no. So far you are only one reported this kind of problem.
  16.    #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Do you want me to send you the entire log that comes up? If so, can you explain to me quickly how to do that via Internalz? tx!!
    Yes the entire file. So you can copy it with the internalz (first going to the /var/log directory of course) into your media partition (for example downloads folder) and then it should be possible to attach that file into email for example. If you can send it to me in the next hour or two the fix will definitely go into the next release if there is something to fix.

    Please note that the message log file gets filled quite quickly so thats why its better if you go into email app and to the point where you experience the problem and right after copy the file with internalz so the error will most likely then still be visible in the log.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. #777  
    When I go to update via preware, I get a "2 of 2 hunks failed" message.


    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    97 59574 97 58276 0 0 34331 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 46250
    100 59574 100 59574 0 0 34521 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 46217
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #778  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    When I go to update via preware, I get a "2 of 2 hunks failed" message.
    You most likely have Add brithday events or send all contacts via email patch or some other patch that modifies the menu of contacts app installed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You most likely have Add brithday events or send all contacts via email patch or some other patch that modifies the menu of contacts app installed.
    i have this one. so...what to do? do i have to delete that one to get this to work? does your patch provide this function now?
  20. #780  
    Sconix,

    I think I figured out how to send you my message log. Please check your email. tx.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Do you want me to send you the entire log that comes up? If so, can you explain to me quickly how to do that via Internalz? tx!!

Posting Permissions