Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    This is a known issue with the current version of the ACSP patch. There is a workaround, but Sconix is looking into the issue.

If you read back a few pages, there was a workaround posted.
    Thanks!

The workaround is on page 32 (can't figure out how to do a link to it).
    sconix any eta for the international version?
  3.    #743  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    sconix any eta for the international version?
    I have identified all the problems reported from the last release. I am now fixing them and will do a new release tonight or tomorrow. After that if no more bugs reported I will start the work on international version. I would like to release it on this weekend at the latest (first version wont have translations but will work on other locales that en_us).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I uninstalled every patch. Then I tried EPR and I still get the same Failed Hunks message.
  5.    #745  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubad View Post
    I uninstalled every patch. Then I tried EPR and I still get the same Failed Hunks message.
    Then you have either had some theme that did not uninstall cleanly or some patch that was not uninstalled cleanly for some reason. When you have all patches uninstalled you can use the WebOS repair utility to replace the file that causes the failed hunks with original file.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubad View Post
    if you didnt uninstall the theme first , well something probably got stuck . just run the repair utility in override compatibility and you will be good to go.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #747  
    If you are experiencing one of these then the next release (out tomorrow) should fix it. If you have some other problems than what listed here then please report them so I can get them fixed for tomorrows release.

- Empty messages in messaging app (current workaround is to go to SMS prefs and toggle some setting so settings get stored).

- Unable to set/edit SMS message greeting / signature

- Power button not controlling screen even when the option was set to do nothing

- Power button not working normally after call disconnect

- Ghost message notifications (hopefully fixed in tomorrows release)
    I have two questions on this.

1. Any possibility on the proximity sensor setting that it can have both the immediate and 2 seconds option? (No big deal if it would require a lot to add that, but just asking since you are about to do another release with the bug fixes if that one might be a possible add).

2. I have not installed this patch yet since there has been such quick progress to get to a version that will be out for a while. I am planning to install it after the release mentioned for tomorrow that fixes the bugs. Is it better that I waited, or would it have been better to have installed the original version then keep updating?

Great work on this!!!!
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    I have two questions on this.

1. Any possibility on the proximity sensor setting that it can have both the immediate and 2 seconds option? (No big deal if it would require a lot to add that, but just asking since you are about to do another release with the bug fixes if that one might be a possible add).

2. I have not installed this patch yet since there has been such quick progress to get to a version that will be out for a while. I am planning to install it after the release mentioned for tomorrow that fixes the bugs. Is it better that I waited, or would it have been better to have installed the original version then keep updating?

Great work on this!!!!
    1) I plan to revise how it works at some point, but no configuration option. How I want it to work is as follows: The delay only when answering the call, or if phone is on the table then immediate (if this is easy to do). Otherwise the change is immediate.

2) As always when something "big" or new is released it is good to wait a while so that most common bugs get sorted out. The next release should be rather good on this part. But without the early adopters the bugs wont be found. So its always up to the user whether he/she wants a stable phone or help out in the development. Just remember that this development is basically voluntary work so all the help that comes from users whether its donations or something else like answering other users questions will help a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    1) I plan to revise how it works at some point, but no configuration option. How I want it to work is as follows: The delay only when answering the call, or if phone is on the table then immediate (if this is easy to do). Otherwise the change is immediate.
    This will be awesome. Looking frwd to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Sorry if I've missed it, but is there a good list of patches which clash with this patch? I'd rather not remove patches just by trial and error in order to get this one installed.
    Damn, I updated the patch and had the same missing sms text imformation. When I remomved his patch all the messages returned and then I could send messages again.. now I am frustrated, befor I found this forum, I spent the greater part of the day uninstalling my other patches one by one. I was supposed to be working.. anyway, now they are all gone but the app still blansk out my test and I can not sent, so I uninstall it and not my texts are back, but now my phone has no patches.. so bottom line, none of the patches I had were conflicting, it is the upgraded patch that is at fault. I wish I never updated.. do you know waht was added to the update, maybe that is a clue to why is fragged the text? waht do I do now?
    If you are experiencing one of these then the next release (out tomorrow) should fix it. If you have some other problems than what listed here then please report them so I can get them fixed for tomorrows release.

- Empty messages in messaging app (current workaround is to go to SMS prefs and toggle some setting so settings get stored).

- Power button not controlling screen even when the option was set to do nothing

When is tomorrow? these posts have not date....
    Quote Originally Posted by srmora View Post
    When is tomorrow? these posts have not date....
    ????????????

The date of the post is above the username.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    ????????????

The date of the post is above the username.
    dont I feel like the fool, sorry i guess my eyes are starting to get worse especually with red colors : ) thanks..
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have issue install the patch, it was working fine til yesterday, today not function at all. any help
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Thanks!! That power button issue was driving me nuts today.

At the risk of sounding like I'm whining, I have twice posted what I think is a worse problem, but I really don't know if it has anything to do with the patch or if I screwed up on the update/installation: none of my patches are working despite the fact that Preware indicates that they are all installed.

Just in case, I wanted to get this in before you update the patch etc.

Here is my latest post:
    I posted this late last night, but didn't get any responses. I can understand, though, given how fast and furious this thread is moving along!

Please consider helping me troubleshoot--thanks!

O.K., my Pre is messed up again after trying to do the update. Got that "been there, done that" feeling, but here are some differences. To the best of my recollection, here's what I did tonight:

1. Tried to update the ACSP patch.
    2. Got a error "failed hunk" message.
    3. Did the original installation procedure as outlined on the wiki, i.e., (with proper restarts) ran Saved Package List, then EPR, install/update ACSP, then Saved Package List & Install All.

However, the list stated all my patches were installed and nothing happened (the list shows little green arrows pointing down on each patch or app). I also kept getting the Mode Switcher app starting itself and telling me I had to have the "Luna Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch installed, but, as I said, the list shows it is installed.

Why are the patches not re-installing if they are listed as such? For example, when I tap on ACAL in the list, I only have the "Remove" option. But my launcher is back to factory settings.

Please help! Thanks!

FWIW: I'm also getting the power button problem. My WiFi wasn't working until I pulled the battery and restarted.

Finally, my wife isn't speaking to me today--will that be fixed in the update?!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    If you are experiencing one of these then the next release (out tomorrow) should fix it. ...

fyi - it took me a little longer than it should have to figure this out, so just in case anyone else 'doesn't get it'

in the messaging app menu, preferences & accounts, SELECT AN ACCOUNT, then toggle a setting.

since i only use sms text through my carrier and nothing else, i didnt realize i had to select one of the messaging accounts to see the settings to toggle to fix the missing texts.
    My phone was doing the same thing. I have read everypage of this thread up to this point and finnally found similar proplems. I read your post mamouton and will check it out on my pre also. I have to reinstall because I didn't have time to find the fix at work and uninstalled the patch.
    My patch updated ok AFTER I deleted Create Birthday Patch and Vibrate instead of sound on Touchstone patch. The later of the two is now included in ACSP patch.
    If this helped you hit thanks.