Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    after installing update, text mesages (the body not the subject) are all gone.

    HELP
    This is a known issue with the current version of the ACSP patch. There is a workaround, but Sconix is looking into the issue.

    If you read back a few pages, there was a workaround posted.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 10/13/2010 at 03:13 PM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  2. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #722  
    sconix,

    Can you to add the ability to select 1 of 3 or 4 different text auto reply messages when a call is rejected? I guess you can jump to a selection window and then the SMS app with the appropriate reply.

    Also what about keycaps from old palm days. Can that be a configurable option?...if possible?
  3. #723  
    charging alert vibrate only and menu fade remix I believe conflict with it too
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I must not be doing something right. I've tapped the arrow on the call log and still don't see any type of call duration. I see the time of call out to the right. Is there something else I need to do to enable this feature?
    Scratch that. I really need to reboot my phone before I make a comment about something not working. That's twice in this thread alone.
  5. #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Scratch that. I really need to reboot my phone before I make a comment about something not working. That's twice in this thread alone.
    It happens.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6. #726  
    I've been reading people have had a problem with their messages disappearing. I haven't had that problem. Am I just lucky?
  7. #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I've been reading people have had a problem with their messages disappearing. I haven't had that problem. Am I just lucky?
    I guess we are. I don't have the problem nor have I been able to produce the issue.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. #728  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I guess we are. I don't have the problem nor have I been able to produce the issue.
    I dont even know if this could cause that problem. But has anyone thought about people who updated the patch compared to people who installed the new one without having it on their phone to begin with. Just a random thought. I know nothing about developing. lol. I updated the patch instead of installing the new one.
  9. deboots's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #729  
    My messages disappeared too. But I went into preferences and accounts, then into preferences for my phone account (didn't actually change any values) and when I exited back out all my messages reappeared.
  10. #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont even know if this could cause that problem. But has anyone thought about people who updated the patch compared to people who installed the new one without having it on their phone to begin with. Just a random thought. I know nothing about developing. lol. I updated the patch instead of installing the new one.
    I updated to the most recent version. I have also ran EPR and installed fresh too. Still don't have the issue.

    My guess is it has something to do with a left over messaging patch, currently installed messaging patch that is conflicting somehow or files left over from a messaging patch.

    I guess if someone doctored their phone and then had the issue, it might provide more details as to why/what of the problem.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  11. #731  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I updated to the most recent version. I have also ran EPR and installed fresh too. Still don't have the issue.

    My guess is it has something to do with a left over messaging patch, currently installed messaging patch that is conflicting somehow or files left over from a messaging patch.

    I guess if someone doctored their phone and then had the issue, it might provide more details as to why/what of the problem.
    Hmmm. Thats the only thing I thought of. Well if my phone randomly starts doing that, I will let you know.
  12. deboots's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #732  
    I doctored my phone about a week ago just so I could use the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences. I had a conflict where I couldn't remove the SMS Tone Per Contact patch because I had neglected to remove this patch before upgrading to 1.4.0 and it caused an error that prevented it from being uninstalled. I had to remove the SMS Tone Per Contact to install the ACSP, so a doctor was required. ACSP was worth the effort!

    I didn't run EPR before upgrading to the newest version of ACSP today. I was forced to uninstall the Create Birthday Events patch to do the upgrade, can't imagine that had any influence on the messages disappearing. I did reboot after upgrading but that didn't clean up the missing messages. Only getting into the preferences menus resolved my problem.
  13. deboots's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #733  
    You know what, I just remembered something. After doctoring my pre a week ago I noticed my default signature had changed. It used to say "Sent from my Palm Pre" and now it was saying something like "Sent from my Palm Pre powered by Sprint". I edited this signature and removed the "powered by Sprint".

    Do you think there's some difference between the different carrier versions?
  14. #734  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    You know what, I just remembered something. After doctoring my pre a week ago I noticed my default signature had changed. It used to say "Sent from my Palm Pre" and now it was saying something like "Sent from my Palm Pre powered by Sprint". I edited this signature and removed the "powered by Sprint".

    Do you think there's some difference between the different carrier versions?
    Well I changed mine too. (also on Sprint)
    Since I have not had the problem, can't say that it would be, then again, who knows.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  15.    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I'm glad to see the update to this patch. I can finally use it AND still see my call durations in call logs. Thanks sconix.

    I have ran into the 'phantom ring' a few times since this morning. After viewing or closing a notification the message alert was still repeating twice, but it is not doing this every time.
    I will fix the phantom ring eventually I just need a info about how to reproduce it or to just it happening to me. So far it has not happened I guess I have to try different settings.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. #736  
    HI EVERYONE! Since today's update of sconix patch, which I like very much I noticed that screen does not unlock/lock when you push on power button! I tried to delete this patch - everytging works great! Installed it back - worked fine for a while, than again screen on/ off button is not responsive, though the button works if you push for 3-4 sec shut down menu pops up. I think there some issue with that, patch code probably, sconix, could you please check? Thank you!
  17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    HI EVERYONE! Since today's update of sconix patch, which I like very much I noticed that screen does not unlock/lock when you push on power button! I tried to delete this patch - everytging works great! Installed it back - worked fine for a while, than again screen on/ off button is not responsive, though the button works if you push for 3-4 sec shut down menu pops up. I think there some issue with that, patch code probably, sconix, could you please check? Thank you!
    There is one fix coming for power button behavior, but there is still one other problem related to power button which I currently think is related to some other patch being installed. As soon as this and the empty messages problem has been found / identified I will release a new version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudus View Post
    Sconix, I am having the text message problem. I have saved my messages file per your instructions above, where can I send it?

    Thanks!
    Please send it to my email scorpio.iix at gmail.com. I am still waiting to get a messages log for this issue before I release the next bug fix release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There is one fix coming for power button behavior, but there is still one other problem related to power button which I currently think is related to some other patch being installed. As soon as this and the empty messages problem has been found / identified I will release a new version.
    thanks sconix! You rock! By the way, idea, did you ever think to join hp/palm team? You could be a great developer there!
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    My messages disappeared too. But I went into preferences and accounts, then into preferences for my phone account (didn't actually change any values) and when I exited back out all my messages reappeared.
    The disappearing messages is a problem that happens when you don't have initial config. This is fixed in next release, for now its enough to go into sms preferences and change something so that config gets saved.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions