Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I have a question. I wanted the vibration turned off when I get a notification while its on the Touchstone. I dont think there is an actual option that says something like "no vibrate on TS" or anything so I just turned the vibration off in the message prefs. I still get the vibration when its not on the TS and thats fine. Thats what I want. I was just wondering where the settings are that control that if I turned it off in the messaging and cant control the vibration length from there when its not on the TS. I didnt see anything in the sound settings other than vibrate when ringer switch is off but no vibration lengths. Im guessing thats what it is going off of?

So what Im saying is right now, I have it vibrating when on silent off of the touchstone. And no vibration when on the touchstone. Again, thats what I want. Just wondering if I can control the vibration lengths when off the TS since I cant find settings for that. I hope this isnt confusing. lol. Thanks
    My messages was blank also but I went into preferences and changed some stuff.. Works great
    I see where the call duration should be visible in the call log after you re-save your phone preferences. I'm not exactly sure what that means. I've tried changing something in the phone prefs and closing it out and going back in but I still don't see call duration in the call log. Do I need to clear my call history? Does it only apply to new calls in the log?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    sorry Oakridge Outdoors for the confusion. I was congratulating him on becoming part of the webos internals team. I also wouldnt take anything away from Jason, he to is the man
    The post just read funny.
    No problems.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Sorry if I've missed it, but is there a good list of patches which clash with this patch? I'd rather not remove patches just by trial and error in order to get this one installed.
    these 3 patches are listed as conflicts based on this thread:

1. No Auto-Off While Charging
    2. disable charging alert
    3. send all contacts via email
    sconix I am not sure if it has been posted but I didn't realize we had the message greeting and signature option, but now that I see it I can't add a greeting or signature to include in the message. Just posting bugs and issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post

In addition to that, as it has been said before, any patch that provides the same/similar functionality as this patch should be removed prior to updating/installing this patch.

Reading over the Summary and Status sections of the wiki provide valuable information as to what this patch does/provides in terms of functionality. From that, one could almost determine what patches should be removed prior to updating/installing this patch.

When updates add new features, check the Summary/Status sections again to see if the stuff that was added conflicts with other patches you currently have installed. (This is the case with this latest update for the show call log patches, patches that tweak/change the charging/low battery alerts, etc....)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix I am not sure if it has been posted but I didn't realize we had the message greeting and signature option, but now that I see it I can't add a greeting or signature to include in the message. Just posting bugs and issues.
    from the wiki:

Next Release

1.4.5-?? - (Released Oct. 13, 2010)

* Fixes the greeting/signature fields to be editable
    from the wiki:

Next Release

1.4.5-?? - (Released Oct. 13, 2010)

* Fixes the greeting/signature fields to be editable
    1.4.5-80 Thanks just saw the update.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I see where the call duration should be visible in the call log after you re-save your phone preferences. I'm not exactly sure what that means. I've tried changing something in the phone prefs and closing it out and going back in but I still don't see call duration in the call log. Do I need to clear my call history? Does it only apply to new calls in the log?
    I would also like an answer to this. I tried changing things in both the phone prefs and phone services scenes and there wasn't even an option to enable call durations in the call log.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This might be the same problem that tobias is experiencing. We are currently trying to find the culprit. It is most likely some other patch that is causing this. Will inform here when the fault is found.
    Glad I read first. I am also having this issue. I have captured a couple of var/log/message files. Will try to post later. I do not have a PC so I will post if I can from my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyRogue View Post
    I would also like an answer to this. I tried changing things in both the phone prefs and phone services scenes and there wasn't even an option to enable call durations in the call log.
    Call durations in the call log are shown when you tap the arrow on the far right of the call entry.
    When that entry is expanded out, you will see the call durations for that entry.

Also Call History During Call conflicts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Call durations in the call log are shown when you tap the arrow on the far right of the call entry.
    When that entry is expanded out, you will see the call durations for that entry.
    Uh. I knew that! (Thanks for the reply!)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyRogue View Post
    Uh. I knew that! (Thanks for the reply!)
    Your welcome.

The usage section on the wiki for this patch has been updated to reflect most of the recent changes/additions. As I get clarification from Sconix on a few items, I'll update the rest of it.

Thanks.

I updated to the latest version and it messed up my messaging. I can no longer send sms messages.. when I access the previous users that I sent to nopthing is there when I remove it evertying thing works again.. your prior vesion workd perfectly with out issues. I have minimal patc hes installed. Waht can this be imcompatible with? I have started to remove one by one the other but it still kills the messaging.. : (
    Just bringing the exact helpful message to the top for all those that are having the disappering message issue. The workaround described below worked perfectly. Thanks mamouton!!

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am getting the same problem with the message app all texts are invisible even the new ones I send out.

Can fix and replicate
    Go into message app to accounts and preferences click on the account you want to modify. When vibration is set to disabled all texts are invisible. When set to anything else text are visible.

Replicate by going back to account and preferences and set vibration to disable text disappear again.

Weird I did it 3 times and it won't do it anymore now. Oh well quirks of beta testing.
    after installing update, text mesages (the body not the subject) are all gone.

HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I must not be doing something right. I've tapped the arrow on the call log and still don't see any type of call duration. I see the time of call out to the right. Is there something else I need to do to enable this feature?