Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    OK well, I have the messaging privacy patch installed, and notifcations set to long with repeats every 2 in, 15 times

I sent a text to my pre, opened messaging directl from the banner, read it, then turned off the screen. Phantom ring.

I then left the screen on, with the app focused and then in the background.. Still happened.

I then deleted the last message, which solved the problem
    Weird since opening the message app should always cancel the repeating. I mean every time even the repeating is not on. Will have to see is there a way that this gets skipped somehow.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    With the latest update I can no longer see my text messages. I had to uninstall the patch. Is there a conflict with other messaging patches?
    sconix I don't know if it could be another patch. Before you made the update I had the power to hang up call patch installed and it was acting the same way with the no power button response so I uninstalled it besides I noticed I couldn't update your patch with that patch installed.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    looks like all my setting are set right that it should play the "swipe" sound when "throwing away" a card....

These three pics cover the whole "sound Settings" app ???
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonp View Post
    With the latest update I can no longer see my text messages. I had to uninstall the patch. Is there a conflict with other messaging patches?
    This is being investicated, but I don't experience this so its most likely some other patch conflicting. I am hoping that someone with the problem could open the messaging app and some conversation (with the no text showing up) and after that send me /var/log/messages file from their phone (can be retrieved for example by using internalz). Without that I can not resolve this or say anything about that is it a bug or some other patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #686  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdeleon774 View Post
    sconix I don't know if it could be another patch. Before you made the update I had the power to hang up call patch installed and it was acting the same way with the no power button response so I uninstalled it besides I noticed I couldn't update your patch with that patch installed.
    Yes tobias had the exact same problem with the patch and now with my patch. But we are 99% sure that its some other patch of leftover from some other patch that is causing this. There is a clear error in the messages log for this, but it can not been caused by ACSP patch alone. Hopefully we can find the culprit.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Weird since opening the message app should always cancel the repeating. I mean every time even the repeating is not on. Will have to see is there a way that this gets skipped somehow.
    Yep, even after closing the app I am still notified
    I'm glad to see the update to this patch. I can finally use it AND still see my call durations in call logs. Thanks sconix.

I have ran into the 'phantom ring' a few times since this morning. After viewing or closing a notification the message alert was still repeating twice, but it is not doing this every time.
    I posted this late last night, but didn't get any responses. I can understand, though, given how fast and furious this thread is moving along!

Please consider helping me troubleshoot--thanks!

O.K., my Pre is messed up again after trying to do the update. Got that "been there, done that" feeling, but here are some differences. To the best of my recollection, here's what I did tonight:

1. Tried to update the ACSP patch.
    2. Got a error "failed hunk" message.
    3. Did the original installation procedure as outlined on the wiki, i.e., (with proper restarts) ran Saved Package List, then EPR, install/update ACSP, then Saved Package List & Install All.

However, the list stated all my patches were installed and nothing happened (the list shows little green arrows pointing down on each patch or app). I also kept getting the Mode Switcher app starting itself and telling me I had to have the "Luna Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" installed, but, as I said, the list shows it is installed.

Why are the patches not re-installing if they are listed as such? For example, when I tap on ACAL in the list, I only have the "Remove" option. But my launcher is back to factory settings.

Please help! Thanks!

EDIT: Wifi not working at all now.
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 10/13/2010 at 12:40 PM.
    Sconix, I am having the text message problem. I have saved my messages file per your instructions above, where can I send it?

Thanks!
    i am having the text message problem as well. the only patch i have installed was the most recent advanced config for sys preferences.

this is a great patch. hopefully, there will be a fix for this too!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    having an install issue in my US Sprint Pre

I used the EPR to remove all patches. i checked and there are NO patches installed now.

when I go to install I get

-----------------------
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    -----------------------

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

I have uberkernel & GNU Patch installed if that makes a difference. GNU isn't listed as a patch & wasn't uninstalled when I did the EPR

thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I tried uninstalling GNU Patch & Lsdiff. when i tried installing this patch again I got a notice telling me to reinstall GNU Patch & Lsdiff. The patch install failed again w/ the same error.

UPDATE2: I resorted to WebOSDoctor & doing a clean install of everything. patch installed fine this time around.
    Last edited by Mutt; 10/14/2010 at 08:34 AM.
    yeah, im having the same messaging problem... it shows the messages in the conversation page but... opening a single conversation is blank... still shows text box to send messages though...
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    thank you mamouton. i had same issue with text changed what you noted would fix and now there all there i changed it back and still there weird but hey it works for me thanks again
    Sconix, I really appreciate the work you do for homebrew. It is nice to have fewer patches to worry about in the event of WebOS updates and the likes. After installing I found my SMS "Message Signature" patch cannot be installed. I would really love it if you could incorporate that and make this an even more powerful patch.

Thanks Again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctomahawk View Post
    Sconix, I really appreciate the work you do for homebrew. It is nice to have fewer patches to worry about in the event of WebOS updates and the likes. After installing I found my SMS "Message Signature" patch cannot be installed. I would really love it if you could incorporate that and make this an even more powerful patch.

Thanks Again!
    I see you have that planned in the next release. Again thank you much!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    for those having the invisables messaging post 594 by mamouton has a fix just saying...
    Uninstalled my theme, ran EPR, installed this patch for the first time to test it out (to make sure it would install successfully) and I too open up a blank messaging thread. Hmm.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    easy fix for this problem...quoted to bring it to most recent posts...

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am getting the same problem with the message app all texts are invisible even the new ones I send out.

Can fix and replicate
    Go into message app to accounts and preferences click on the account you want to modify. When vibration is set to disabled all texts are invisible. When set to anything else text are visible.

Replicate by going back to account and preferences and set vibration to disable text disappear again.

Weird I did it 3 times and it won't do it anymore now. Oh well quirks of beta testing.
    for those having the invisables messaging post 594 by mamouton has a fix just saying...
    Didn't notice it before, thank you for pointing it out. Tried it and it works after changing the vibration settings just one time. Thank you Mamouton. and Thank you Sconix for these sweet patches.