Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    How can you get the screen turn off while on call? I mean the proximity sensor will toggle the screen on/off and power button does not do anything. At least this is how it works for me.
    I use my bluetooth earpiece 99% of the time when I'm on a call so the proximity sensor does not come into play often. Sometimes, I want to turn the screen on so I can check texts, emails, etc. And other times, I want to turn the screen off instantly without having to wait for it to timeout. Before this last update, I could use the power button to turn the screen off and on while on a call and now the power button truly does nothing. So now, when I am on the phone, I have to wait for the screen to timeout before I can put the phone in my pocket, and I have to open the slider in order to do anything. Re-enabling the power button to turn the screen on/off would resolve these issues.
  2.    #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I use my bluetooth earpiece 99% of the time when I'm on a call so the proximity sensor does not come into play often. Sometimes, I want to turn the screen on so I can check texts, emails, etc. And other times, I want to turn the screen off instantly without having to wait for it to timeout. Before this last update, I could use the power button to turn the screen off and on while on a call and now the power button truly does nothing.
    I see its the bluetooth thing then, now I can test this and fix it for next release.

EDIT: found the reason, fixed in next release...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I am still gettng phantom sms alerts after the -80 update, on both my pre and pixi
    hey sconix I found a bug. It has to do with the power button. When I restart my phone or luna restart my power button works fine when I press it once it puts phone in sleep mode when I press it again it wakes phone up, BUT after I make any kind of phone call and hang up and exit the phone app the power button is no longer responsive to short presses. Long presses still work. I can't put my phone to sleep and if screen turns of by itself I can't wake it up I have to use ringer switch to wake up. Please help.
    Yes, since the vibrate that is there on default is controlled by the inner notification system so it knows when call is on. The extra vibration that can be added by using the vibration option that this patch provides can not use the internal system, instead it request vibrate with separate API's. So there is no way to make the extra vibration aware of active phone call (easily I mean, of course with hundreds lines of extra code it could be possible). So if its annoying then your only option currently is to disable the extra vibration. I might come up with a clean way to do this, but currently there is none I am aware.
    Thanks for the explanation!
  6.    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I am still gettng phantom sms alerts after the -80 update, on both my pre and pixi
    Could you describe the situation as well as you can when you received your last message from which the repeating could have left on. I mean did you have your messaging app open when message was received or not. What was the screen state (on/off/locked) and what did you do to read the message. Did you cleared the banner or it was cleared automatically. Did you clicked the banner or opened messaging app manually.

This would help me to reproduce this since its most likely one specific situation on which the phantom alerts happen.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I see its the bluetooth thing then, now I can test this and fix it for next release.

EDIT: found the reason, fixed in next release...
    Dude, did I ever tell you that YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
    There is a problem with turning the screen off with the power button while on speaker phone.
  9.    #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdeleon774 View Post
    hey sconix I found a bug. It has to do with the power button. When I restart my phone or luna restart my power button works fine when I press it once it puts phone in sleep mode when I press it again it wakes phone up, BUT after I make any kind of phone call and hang up and exit the phone app the power button is no longer responsive to short presses. Long presses still work. I can't put my phone to sleep and if screen turns of by itself I can't wake it up I have to use ringer switch to wake up. Please help.
    This might be the same problem that tobias is experiencing. We are currently trying to find the culprit. It is most likely some other patch that is causing this. Will inform here when the fault is found.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    minor issue: since the update my "Swipe away/close app" no longer make the "swipe" sound? Maybe I am missing the toggle for that but I cant find it?!?!

Thanks for this patch it is great so far, once all the bugs are worked out it will be AWESOME!!!!!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    minor issue: since the update my "Swipe away/close app" no longer make the "swipe" sound? Maybe I am missing the toggle for that but I cant find it?!?!

Thanks for this patch it is great so far, once all the bugs are worked out it will be AWESOME!!!!!
    This should not be cause by this patch. At least I don't see how anything that this patch modifies could effect on that. Are you sure that your system sounds are not just off or volume low? I don't use system sounds so I think the sound is controlled by that since I have never heard that sound.

EDIT: just tested by setting system sounds on and the sound is there so definitely not fault of this patch. Check your system sound settings other than that I don't have a clue what could cause this..
    Yes Janne is the man!! But I hate that phrase. Great work.

Tried to update but I get error:
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences:
    additional_files advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.patch package_list

Any suggestions Janne?
  13.    #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Yes Janne is the man!! But I hate that phrase. Great work.

Tried to update but I get error:
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences:
    additional_files advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.patch package_list

Any suggestions Janne?
    Start by removing patches under phone category. Hard to say what patch exact you have that is conflicting since haven't seen that failed "combo" before. If unable to find then there is always the EPR method.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    This should not be cause by this patch. At least I don't see how anything that this patch modifies could effect on that. Are you sure that your system sounds are not just off or volume low? I don't use system sounds so I think the sound is controlled by that since I have never heard that sound.

EDIT: just tested by setting system sounds on and the sound is there so definitely not fault of this patch. Check your system sound settings other than that I don't have a clue what could cause this..
    maybe it is unrelated but that is the only thing I can see that I changed here is a pic...
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  15.    #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaP3000 View Post
    There is a problem with turning the screen off with the power button while on speaker phone.
    Yes this is fixed in next release most likely.
    oddly i am having an issue since the update where i dont get the system sound when the charger is connected or it is put on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Could you describe the situation as well as you can when you received your last message from which the repeating could have left on. I mean did you have your messaging app open when message was received or not. What was the screen state (on/off/locked) and what did you do to read the message. Did you cleared the banner or it was cleared automatically. Did you clicked the banner or opened messaging app manually.

This would help me to reproduce this since its most likely one specific situation on which the phantom alerts happen.
    OK well, I have the messaging privacy patch installed, and notifcations set to long with repeats every 2 in, 15 times

I sent a text to my pre, opened messaging directl from the banner, read it, then turned off the screen. Phantom ring.

I then left the screen on, with the app focused and then in the background.. Still happened.

I then deleted the last message, which solved the problem
  18.    #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    maybe it is unrelated but that is the only thing I can see that I changed here is a pic...
    Then theres the on/off switch as well for system sounds. And maybe the phone thinks that you are on silent mode (then the system sounds are disabled). So try restarting phone. Since I am 99% sure that the sound disabling should not be because of this patch itself.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    oddly i am having an issue since the update where i dont get the system sound when the charger is connected or it is put on the touchstone.
    Look in the sound prefs, the option is in there
  20.    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Just toggle the setting in the sound settings to something else and back, should fix it.