Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    It dosent seem to matter what setting I change, as long as I change a setting, texts show back up. After a reboot they are gone again ane I have to go in and change a setting again. Also, under the info tab, nothing shows up, and I am unable to enter or edit the signatures.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    I can't replicate this. It is most likely some setting that I am not using that causes this. If you are able to send me /var/log/messages from your phone after this happens I can fix this and release an update. You could retrieve that file for example by using internalz.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #642  
    So far I am seeing only one bug reported that is the messaging app not showing texts. Those that are experiencing that could you send me /var/log/messages file after it happens. Since currently I have not been able to reproduce this so I need the log file to get this fixed.

About the double vibration, if you don't want the double vibration then set the Vibration option in the account notifications to disabled. The normal vibration is part of the vibrate and system sound alert setting which I can not disable so the vibration setting is extra vibration.

About the SMS preferences, yes the fields are most likely empty for most people and its just information fields that you can not edit. The greeting/signature are empty and you can type in the text (will add a hint text for next release). As it seems the fields currently does not allow edition, will fix and release an update...

About the send all contacts & create birthday events will conflict since they edit the same menu that this patch for adding the contact preferences. I am not yet sure what to do for this. I might be able to change this patch so that its compatible with them.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/13/2010 at 03:13 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    ...after removing No Auto-Off While Charging, which had previously coexisted peacefully with ACSP, I was able to update.
    Just for the hell of it, I attempted to reinstall No Auto-Off While Charging after updating ACSP, and it installed fine. We'll see if they play well together as they did before.

Sconix, I know you already have things planned for this patch, but would you consider rolling the functionality of No Auto-Off While Charging into ACSP? It would seem to be up your alley, as it adds the "no auto-off" as a configurable option in the Screen and Lock preferences app, and it would make the ACSP update process that much smoother.
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Just for the hell of it, I attempted to reinstall No Auto-Off While Charging after updating ACSP, and it installed fine. We'll see if they play well together as they did before.

Sconix, I know you already have things planned for this patch, but would you consider rolling the functionality of No Auto-Off While Charging into ACSP? It would seem to be up your alley, as it adds the "no auto-off" as a configurable option in the Screen and Lock preferences app, and it would make the ACSP update process that much smoother.
    I have thought about this that I would add display on / off option for this, but first I need to see if it conflicts with MS since the support for this patch in MS is coming bit later.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So far I am seeing only one bug reported that is the messaging app not showing texts. Those that are experiencing that could you send me /var/log/messages file after it happens. Since currently I have not been able to reproduce this so I need the log file to get this fixed.

About the double vibration, if you don't want the double vibration then set the Vibration option in the account notifications to disabled. The normal vibration is part of the vibrate and system sound alert setting which I can not disable so the vibration setting is extra vibration.

About the SMS preferences, yes the fields are most likely empty for most people and its just information fields that you can not edit. The greeting/signature are empty and you can type in the text (will add a hint text for next release). As it seems the fields currently does not allow edition, will fix and release an update...

About the send all contacts & create birthday events will conflict since they edit the same menu that this patch for adding the contact preferences. I am not yet sure what to do for this. I might be able to change this patch so that its compatible with them.
    Sconix I had the message app issue but using the procedure I posted was able to get rid of it. I have installed a different kernel rebooted and luna restarted several times and it didn't come back. Another thing I noticed but went away is when I tried to click on the conversations for the IM accounts it hung up but that was all fixed. I also noticed that my mojo messenger app initially wouldn't show the texts. So I wonder is there a correlation. Do you want me to send you my log file as well or would it not show up since the problem is corrected? Thanks for this awesome patch!!
  6.    #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Sconix I had the message app issue but using the procedure I posted was able to get rid of it. I have installed a different kernel rebooted and luna restarted several times and it didn't come back. Another thing I noticed but went away is when I tried to click on the conversations for the IM accounts it hung up but that was all fixed. Do you want me to send you my log file as well or would it not show up since the problem is corrected? Thanks for this awesome patch!!
    Don't think that it shows in the log anymore, its always best to save the log when there is a problem so it helps in finding the reason. My guess is that it happened because of "uninitialized" config, although I try always take it in consideration that there might be people with partial / missing new configuration, but I might have forgot that from someplace. So when the messaging configuration gets saved once it takes care of the problem, but for the sake of new users it would be nice to get fixed. I will wit a bit if someone has log of this before pushing the next release that fixes the greeting/signature text fields. And maybe will add the screen config while on charger.
    I also had the issue with texts not showing up. I'll try to get a log to you at break time.
    So I shouldn't update just yet?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Yes, the info fields are most likely empty for all. The information is just not there. Anyway they are just showing the info you cannot change those values anyway.
    Thanks sconix. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Whenever I install this patch, all my SMS text message conversations come up blank. In the main SMS page, the convos show a preview of the last message, but it is blank once the convo is opened. Everything comes back when the patch is removed. Help!
    If you don't want the extra vibration then set the vibration setting to disabled. Then you get the default vibration which is shorter that is included in system sound and vibrate as default. I can not remove the default vibration so the vibration setting is extra hence the double vibration if its enabled.
    Thanks, sconix. This definitely solves the double vibration issue for me! However, now I can't have a longer (1 second) "single" vibration. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
    Not sure why the power button is disabled for turning screen off. I can see if it possible to change so that I could add an turn screen off option for power button action.
    sconix, since the last update, when I am on a call, I can no longer use the power button to turn the screen back on. I now have to open the slider to turn on the screen while on a call. Please see if you can allow the power button to turn the screen back on.
  13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thanks, sconix. This definitely solves the double vibration issue for me! However, now I can't have a longer (1 second) "single" vibration. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
    What I could do is that when vibration selected then the vibration selection is used so no double vibration (I think I do this for next release). But for system sound its still going to be double vibration and for that I can not do anything.
  14.    #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs86 View Post
    Whenever I install this patch, all my SMS text message conversations come up blank. In the main SMS page, the convos show a preview of the last message, but it is blank once the convo is opened. Everything comes back when the patch is removed. Help!
    This is being investicated. I can't reproduce this anyway, I even tried to do clean emulator install and still did not bumped into this problem. It might be that some other patch + ACSP is causing this. I am waiting for someone to provide me with /var/log/messages file after opening messaging app with this empty conversations problem so I could see why this is happening. On a related note if somebody has the messages greeting/signature patch installed (I think it install with this patch) could try to uninstall that patch and see if it helps.
  15.    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So I shouldn't update just yet?
    There will be anyway one more release tonight to fix the stupid greeting/signature bug. I hope that I can get info about the empty conversations problem so that could be resolved as well. Other than that the latest patch works well.
  16.    #656  
    sconix, since the last update, when I am on a call, I can no longer use the power button to turn the screen back on. I now have to open the slider to turn on the screen while on a call. Please see if you can allow the power button to turn the screen back on.
    How can you get the screen turn off while on call? I mean the proximity sensor will toggle the screen on/off and power button does not do anything. At least this is how it works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cballin22 View Post
    it would be great if the notifications while on call can have a toggle for silent or full on since installing this everything has been great now when i talk on phone even with the separate patch installed to silent notifications while on call im still getting them in the form of a vibrate or vibrate and default msg sound if that can be added in that would be great ...
    This one also goes into the category that I don't think should be configurable. Or of course it could, but at least I would see that vibrating notifications when on call would be sufficient for all normal situations. But I might add this in some future versions.
    According to my tests, if vibrate is enabled in the messaging or email apps, the phone will vibrate while on a call and the caller CAN hear the sound. If vibrate is disabled in the app but is enabled in "sounds and settings", the caller can NOT hear the sound.
    I, also, had the same problem with no text in SMS message and used the 'fix" as outlined by "Mamouton". In addition,my outgoing SMS replies were not sent, but after the "fix" they started working again.
    Bill
  19.    #659  
    According to my tests, if vibrate is enabled in the messaging or email apps, the phone will vibrate while on a call and the caller CAN hear the sound. If vibrate is disabled in the app but is enabled in "sounds and settings", the caller can NOT hear the sound.
    Yes, since the vibrate that is there on default is controlled by the inner notification system so it knows when call is on. The extra vibration that can be added by using the vibration option that this patch provides can not use the internal system, instead it request vibrate with separate API's. So there is no way to make the extra vibration aware of active phone call (easily I mean, of course with hundreds lines of extra code it could be possible). So if its annoying then your only option currently is to disable the extra vibration. I might come up with a clean way to do this, but currently there is none I am aaware.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Sorry if I've missed it, but is there a good list of patches which clash with this patch? I'd rather not remove patches just by trial and error in order to get this one installed.