Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Update failed to install with the following message:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm 2>&1

1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I'm at work right now and can't do any trial-and-error to figure out which patch is conflicting but will try to do so later tonight and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    New release should soon show up in Preware. Please report any problems you experience. Wiki is not yet updated to include the information about the new features, but will be in the next few days.
    I'm not sure what else is in the new release yet, but you fixed the ring tone per IM issue. All three IM programs play ring tones upon receiving a message. Now I just have to scroll through all my Prince music to figure out what tone to use for each program.
    U rock Sconix!!!!
    Charles
    I put up a new announcement for the forum detailing a few guidelines we're hoping everyone can follow in the future, as far as posting on the forum.

To reiterate the main guideline, when you're posting a bug report, try to give as much information as possible that can help sconix reproduce the error. That will help guarantee a quicker fix.

We're very appreciate of those of you who have taken it upon themselves to help others troubleshoot their hunk errors. Often sconix will work until very late (his time) and make a release, so he is asleep while the rest of us are finding conflicts and bugs. Anything we can do to make his morning less painful is a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Quick question. Are the SMS Account Info fields supposed to be blank ex. SMSC Adress, Message Greeting, Message Signature?

I'm on a Sprint Pre.
    +1..I am seeing the same thing ?
    Just updated to the latest and had to remove the following patches:

call duration in call log
    open to call log
    call history during call
    auto show dialpad for outgoing calls only
    send all contacts via email
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Ok. I did some testing of the double vibrate issue (w email only at this time).

- Sound setting to 'sound & vibrate' and email pref to vibrate = double vibrate
    - Sound setting to 'sound only' and email pref to vibrate = one vibrate w vibrate before sound
    - Sound setting to 'sound & vibrate' and email pref to vibrate disabled = one vibrate w vibrate occurring closer to sound.

My thought is the first vibrate in the double vibrate is the ACSP prefs setting and the second is the normal phone setting.

Hope this helps.
    I can affirm the results of this test with both the Messaging and Email applications. Since I keep my ringer off most of the time so my phone will vibrate, when I set the ringer switch off setting to "mute" in the sound settings app, my phone only vibrates once in both the message and email apps which is what I want but the phone will NOT vibrate when someone calls. It seems like the individual sound/vibrate setting of each app sort of overrides the sound/vibrate setting of the "sounds setting" app. Since the settings of the phone app seems to be part of the "sounds setting" app, there is nothing for it to override which would explain why the email and message app can still vibrate when the ringer switch off is set to mute in the sound setting app but the phone is actually muted.

sconix, I hope this hypothesis helps you find and fix this bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus

Quick question. Are the SMS Account Info fields supposed to be blank ex. SMSC Adress, Message Greeting, Message Signature?

I'm on a Sprint Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    +1..I am seeing the same thing ?
    Same thing over hear on a Sprint Pre. I should be able to set the message signature with this patch, right? If so, how do I set it?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm 2>&1

1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I'm at work right now and can't do any trial-and-error to figure out which patch is conflicting but will try to do so later tonight and report back.
    To flesh this out a little, I have the following patches installed:

15 px Font
    Additional Speed Dial Keys
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    Advanced Reset Options
    All-Day Events in Month View
    AM-PM Indicator in Top Bar
    Audio/Video Attachments
    Better Quicker Flicker
    Brightness in Device Menu
    Character Counter
    Command Line
    Data in Device Menu
    Edit Any Videos Metadata
    Faster Card Animations
    Glass Effect
    GPS in Device Menu
    Hide Twitter Global Search
    History Chat Balloon Color
    Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot
    Muffle System Logging
    Multi Mod [browser]
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    Raise Image Resolution Limit
    Reduce Drag Radius 15px
    Reminder Times Patch v2
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Remove Google Country Redirect
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Roam Only in Device Menu
    Share Image Message Icon
    Share Larger Videos Via Email
    Show Actual Battery Percent
    Show App Details
    Start In Fullscreen [Google Maps]
    System Menu Initial Framework
    System Menu Mode Menu
    Timestamps Clean
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    USCL Memos Patch
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I am having a problem with the messaging app after updating the patch. When viewing texts, nothing appears. The list of texts, and the preview are there, but when I tap on one to read the entire text, there's nithing there. It's as if the font is the same color as the background.

the same happens in the preferences for the sms account, under the account info tab. After changing a setting under the preferences tab, texts can be seen, but nothing under the info tab still.
    I was having the same issue I posted a couple of pages back what i did to fix it. I went into the message app and then went to preferences and changed vibrate from disabled and my texts showed back up.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    It dosent seem to matter what setting I change, as long as I change a setting, texts show back up. After a reboot they are gone again ane I have to go in and change a setting again. Also, under the info tab, nothing shows up, and I am unable to enter or edit the signatures.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    ok so I am trying to do the update and I am getting an error I believe the error is my Battery Icon as percentage however i can not remove it. When I try to remove it I get the IPKG error saying hunks failed. Any ideas how to get rid of this patch?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post

...after removing No Auto-Off While Charging, which had previously coexisted peacefully with ACSP, I was able to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    ok so I am trying to do the update and I am getting an error I believe the error is my Battery Icon as percentage however i can not remove it. When I try to remove it I get the IPKG error saying hunks failed. Any ideas how to get rid of this patch?
    When all else fails, run EPR then reinstall all patches!
    O.K., my Pre is messed up again after trying to do the update. Got that "been there, done that" feeling, but here are some differences. To the best of my recollection, here's what I did tonight:

1. Tried to update the ACSP patch.
    2. Got a error "failed hunk" message.
    3. Did the original installation procedure as outlined on the wiki, i.e., (with proper restarts) ran Saved Package List, then EPR, install/update ACSP, then Saved Package List & Install All.

However, the list stated all my patches were installed and nothing happened (the list shows little green arrows pointing down on each patch or app). I also kept getting the Mode Switcher app starting itself and telling me I had to have the "Luna Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" installed, but, as I said, the list shows it is installed.

Why are the patches not re-installing if they are listed as such?

Please help! Thanks!
    I was getting the

I had to remove the create birthday event patch..

Sconix, please include that patch next.
  17.    #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Version: 1.4.5-80
    Device: Sprint Pre
    Bug: For text messages and emails, I have the vibration set to 0.5 seconds (would like it shorter) and when I receive the notification for them the phone vibrates once and a short vibrate afterword, e.g. Bzzzzzzzzz bzz
    If you don't want the extra vibration then set the vibration setting to disabled. Then you get the default vibration which is shorter that is included in system sound and vibrate as default. I can not remove the default vibration so the vibration setting is extra hence the double vibration if its enabled.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_JH View Post
    I think the issue is or at least the issue I have is when I am on a call if I receive a text, e-mail or any other notification the phone will vibrate even when in a call. Now this does not bother me to much, but the person I am talking too always makes a comment about the noise which when I am on a business call is not too good. I know by default without this patch that this does not happen. Is there any way to correct this?

I would like to also add my thanks for all of your awesome work.
    Just disable the extra vibration if you don't want it. It is not controlled by the Palm logic so it does not know if you are on a call or not.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    sorry Oakridge Outdoors for the confusion. I was congratulating him on becoming part of the webos internals team. I also wouldnt take anything away from Jason, he to is the man
    Last edited by mikewardo; 10/13/2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: i thought i was replying to a previous coment and it put it at the end where it makes no sense
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post

I'm on a Sprint Pre.
    Yes, the info fields are most likely empty for all. The information is just not there. Anyway they are just showing the info you cannot change those values anyway.