Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    thank you mamouton. I was really bummed thinking i was going to have to go without the patch.
    Me too I don't what told me to go there but hey it worked.
    Version: 1.4.5-80
    Device: Sprint Pre
    Bug: For text messages and emails, I have the vibration set to 0.5 seconds (would like it shorter) and when I receive the notification for them the phone vibrates once and a short vibrate afterword, e.g. Bzzzzzzzzz bzz
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This one also goes into the category that I don't think should be configurable. Or of course it could, but at least I would see that vibrating notifications when on call would be sufficient for all normal situations. But I might add this in some future versions.
    I think the issue is or at least the issue I have is when I am on a call if I receive a text, e-mail or any other notification the phone will vibrate even when in a call. Now this does not bother me to much, but the person I am talking too always makes a comment about the noise which when I am on a business call is not too good. I know by default without this patch that this does not happen. Is there any way to correct this?

I would like to also add my thanks for all of your awesome work.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Failed when updating. Here is the log...please help!

remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    removed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 59574 100 59574 0 0 48969 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 77469
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    One patch I had to remove to let the update go through was "send all contacts via email". Just a heads up to those getting ready to update.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I got the following error:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 287.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 467.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Edit: Same as the person above, removed "send all contacts via email" patch and it installed successfully.
    Last edited by RMB; 10/12/2010 at 09:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjstealth View Post
    One patch I had to remove to let the update go through was "send all contacts via email". Just a heads up to those getting ready to update.
    That fixed my issue...thanks!
    Yes, I had to remove that patch aswell. For all the people posting their logs... just look at the red writing in the log in Preware, see which app is being specified in the red writing, check all your installed patches for that app, delete them one by one and try updating ASCP.
    I just want to report that I had no issues installing.

Observations:
    1. Vibrate disabled in email = still get vibrate *but* only *one* vibrate.

2. With vibrate on in email prefs, I get the double vibrate alert.

I am testing turning off the "sound & vibrate" in the sound settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I had the bar-assitant.jsjsjs $error$.

I uninstalled charging alert vibrate only patch and it's fixed
    For me, it was Call History During Call that was causing the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $conflict$.
    call duration ? Is this included ?
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Seems that charging alert sound (at least on TS) is disabled, despite being set to system sound.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I had to remove "No Auto-Off When Charging".....
    Last edited by ToddK; 10/12/2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Seems that charging alert sound (at least on TS) is disabled, despite being set to system sound.
    I noticed the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I noticed the same.
    I saw this too. Toggle it and it woorks again. Toggle = switchsettings then go back to default.
    I needed to remove the disable charging alert patch to resolve my bar-assistant.jsjsjs $error$.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I am running modified version of the patch and so far no problems, I'll try to add this patch to Preware at some point.
    Please add both the Inverted and Fixed Keyboard Brightness patches to Preware. Many people would really appreciate that!
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I just want to report that I had no issues installing.

Observations:
    1. Vibrate disabled in email = still get vibrate *but* only *one* vibrate.

2. With vibrate on in email prefs, I get the double vibrate alert.

I am testing turning off the "sound & vibrate" in the sound settings.
    Ok. I did some testing of the double vibrate issue (w email only at this time).

- Sound setting to 'sound & vibrate' and email pref to vibrate = double vibrate
    - Sound setting to 'sound only' and email pref to vibrate = one vibrate w vibrate before sound
    - Sound setting to 'sound & vibrate' and email pref to vibrate disabled = one vibrate w vibrate occurring closer to sound.

My thought is the first vibrate in the double vibrate is the ACSP prefs setting and the second is the normal phone setting.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quick question. Are the SMS Account Info fields supposed to be blank ex. SMSC Adress, Message Greeting, Message Signature?

I'm on a Sprint Pre.
    Thanks cjstealth!! That did the job for me, I couldn't figure out what was causing the error. After removing that patch, it installed correctly.