Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    the repeating notification is supposed to stop when I go to that app. I'm using it with txts and messaging. Also I think the repeating should turn off when the screen is turned on, and not happen whenever the screen is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    I thought i posted this last night but i dont see it. I am having an issue with the repeat SMS txt notification. It continues to repeat even after i have viewed the msg. And not just from the dashboard. I am actually opening the TXT and reading it and then it will repeat later at the set time. Is this how it is designed to work or am i having an issue. If its an issue is anyone else experiencing it, and what should i do to fix it? thanks. love all your work on all your patches, and congratz on internalz
    Well the repeating is on as long as the banner is visible and at least that it should be in my opinion since its logical that notification is related to the banner and nothing else.

And as the wiki says the next release should fix the continuing repeat even after the banner is removed. I am not 100% sure though about that since the way I was able to reproduce this got fixed by itself when I did the other bug fixes so it might be properly fixed now or not. If its not I hope that someone reports exact situation on which the bug happens so that I can reproduce it again.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I just don't like to be on my phone doing something with my phone continuing to buzz. If I hae it on, I'll see the notification. So could the option to have the repeat off when the screen is on be put in the preferences?
  3.    #563  
    I just don't like to be on my phone doing something with my phone continuing to buzz. If I hae it on, I'll see the notification. So could the option to have the repeat off when the screen is on be put in the preferences?
    I understand the idea, but the problem is that I can't see currently an easy way to implement this so that it would work in all situations. Since for example the screen is turned on momentary on some notifications so these could turn off the repeat even though it is not wanted. And some can use very long screen turn off times specially when in charger so then the charger state and turn off time should be taken into consideration. So the screen state makes a very poor "trigger" for the repeat option and rather complex one. Not sure if it would be possible to cancel the repeat when the banner is clicked, so the repeat could be dismissed, but the banner left visible. Maybe this could work for you if possible?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    can't seem to find the advanced launcher thread so I will ask here. Sconix when I unhide an app it throws it on top of the first app on whatever page I have it set to . Is this a known bug ? Or is this new to you ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    can't seem to find the advanced launcher thread so I will ask here. Sconix when I unhide an app it throws it on top of the first app on whatever page I have it set to . Is this a known bug ? Or is this new to you ?
    Since you found this thread you could have gone one level up since all my threads are now under the same sub forum.

The hidden apps are still managed via the Palm code so they stay on the page where they were hidden and even in same spot. Of course if apps are orders or pages deleted / added the placement may change. I haven't tested this extensively, but at least it seams to work properly for me. Most likely I should add some code to handle the unhiding in a "uniform" way, but the advancements for this patch are onhold until WebOS 2.0 is available.
    well I found this thread because I only use the newposts button lol I don't normally go through the forum sub folders , my bad. Anyways I was just letting you know about it is all . Ttyl
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Trigger delays are only for mode closing, not mode starting. The manual should explain this.
    It does, and I had read it at some point, I just didn't remember. I am trying two modify modes now to accomplish phone data toggle.

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I understand the idea, but the problem is that I can't see currently an easy way to implement this so that it would work in all situations. Since for example the screen is turned on momentary on some notifications so these could turn off the repeat even though it is not wanted. And some can use very long screen turn off times specially when in charger so then the charger state and turn off time should be taken into consideration. So the screen state makes a very poor "trigger" for the repeat option and rather complex one. Not sure if it would be possible to cancel the repeat when the banner is clicked, so the repeat could be dismissed, but the banner left visible. Maybe this could work for you if possible?
    something like that.

in the original patch, clicking on the notification or banner would take you to that ap and turn off the repeat. I'd go for a repeat that would be on wile the screen is off, locked, or in dock mode(in webos 2.0), but not if the screen is on. But it would start repeating again after the screen goes off, locked, or docked, until I hit that notification.

this might all hafe to be different when a person has their screen set to allways be on, at which point I think it'd be appropriate to just have the repeat allways on till they get to the notification
    The old repeat notification patch worked if the screen was on. I personally don't see a reason to change this behavior. With some of my MS modes, my screen can get left on for a few minutes while my phone is on the charger, but I would still want the notification to repeat.
    I'm in Canada on Bell Mobility and have installed ACSP. For the most part it is working except for the email issues referenced in this thread as I recognize that it is coded for the en_us locale only at this time. I anxiously await the international version. That said, how would I change my Pre to the the en_us locale and what are the consequences of me doing so? Thanks for any anticipated response.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    ...congratz on internalz
    FYI...Jason Robitaille is the Dev of Internalz

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12.    #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutz View Post
    I'm in Canada on Bell Mobility and have installed ACSP. For the most part it is working except for the email issues referenced in this thread as I recognize that it is coded for the en_us locale only at this time. I anxiously await the international version. That said, how would I change my Pre to the the en_us locale and what are the consequences of me doing so? Thanks for any anticipated response.
    You just change the language to English (US) from the regional settings, but the international version should be out maybe already this weekend. So its not a long wait anymore. The initial version wont have any translations though so parts that the patch will change will still remain in English, but translations should come quite soon too.
    @sconix

I was just wondering, is the 'Call Duration in Call Log' still in the pipeline for this patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    @sconix

I was just wondering, is the 'Call Duration in Call Log' still in the pipeline for this patch?
    Please read the wiki. Your question is answered for you in the Status section.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    The old repeat notification patch worked if the screen was on. I personally don't see a reason to change this behavior. With some of my MS modes, my screen can get left on for a few minutes while my phone is on the charger, but I would still want the notification to repeat.
    ya, so the option would be nice.

with speaker via proximity sensor on, has it gone to speaker with phone still to your face? I think that's happened to me
    Well the increase volume patch won't need configuration (and can't even have that) so its not for this patch at least.

And I still think that the inverted keyboard brightness works for all situations and since it also does not need a configuration on my opinion and hence not something for this patch.
    sconix, consider making a volume setting and the options could be "default" and "enhanced".

Also, consider creating a keyboard brightness setting with the options of "default", "fixed", and "inverted".

What are your thoughts on these suggestions?
  17.    #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    sconix, consider making a volume setting and the options could be "default" and "enhanced".

Also, consider creating a keyboard brightness setting with the options of "default", "fixed", and "inverted".

What are your thoughts on these suggestions?
    As I said for the volume setting its not possible to make it configurable since there is no way to modify that setting through JSJSJS. $So$ $thats$ $for$ $sure$ $that$ $cannot$ $be$ $added$ $to$ $this$ $patch$.

For the keyboard brightness, someone would first need to convince me about a situation where the inverted patch does not "work" i.e. why the fixed or default would be better in some situation. Since I just can't think of any, maybe I even should bump to this kind of situation myself so that I could somehow see the configuration option useful since not sure if I believe any reasons . But someone can always make patch that depends to this patch and adds that functionality.
  18.    #578  
    ya, so the option would be nice.

with speaker via proximity sensor on, has it gone to speaker with phone still to your face? I think that's happened to me
    I will consider / see if its reasonable to add the screen control for repeat notifications, but not in near future. I have so much more important stuff on my todo list.

About the proximity thing, if it happens often then please tell me. I am pretty sure that the code is correct and it has just received a false signal from proximity sensor why it changed to the speaker. But if its happens often then I need to go through the couple lines of code again to see if there could be a bug.
    As I said for the volume setting its not possible to make it configurable since there is no way to modify that setting through JSJSJS. $So$ $thats$ $for$ $sure$ $that$ $cannot$ $be$ $added$ $to$ $this$ $patch$.

For the keyboard brightness, someone would first need to convince me about a situation where the inverted patch does not "work" i.e. why the fixed or default would be better in some situation. Since I just can't think of any, maybe I even should bump to this kind of situation myself so that I could somehow see the configuration option useful since not sure if I believe any reasons . But someone can always make patch that depends to this patch and adds that functionality.
    Ok, I understand the volume option is a no-go. That's fine.

The reasons I suggested the keyboard brightness configuration above is some folks like the inverted patch and others like myself prefer the fixed brightness patch. I like having the keyboard fully illuminated at all times regardless of what my screen brightness is set to. The suggested configuration would simply give people more options which is why your patch is so AMAZING!!! Plus, incorporating both brightness patches into this one would make restoring patches after updates and running EPR easier since the brightness patches are not in Preware.

Personally, I love your patches regardless if you make the modifications I've requested. I just think making these changes would take this patch from amazing to SUPER AMAZING!
    Last edited by sjamie; 10/14/2010 at 04:17 PM.

The inverted brightness patch works randomly on my Pre! I have since uninstalled it. Not sure how to trouble shoot it since i can't figure out why it stops working.