Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    The option to select a custom tone for SMS seems to have disappeared. Am I missing it somewhere?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I just heard about an android app called "Juice Defender" that toggles phone data on and off with screenstate. This would be an awesome addition to this patch. As I run now, I leave phone data off to conserve battery because I am in wifi zone 80 percent of the time and turn on phone data when I need it. It would be a really cool feature to let phone data sleep like wifi when screen is inactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    The option to select a custom tone for SMS seems to have disappeared. Am I missing it somewhere?
    In the contacts app, go to the contact you wish to edit (but don't tap edit) and in the app menu, select contact preferences to assign phone call and SMS tone prefs.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    I just heard about an android app called "Juice Defender" that toggles phone data on and off with screenstate. This would be an awesome addition to this patch. As I run now, I leave phone data off to conserve battery because I am in wifi zone 80 percent of the time and turn on phone data when I need it. It would be a really cool feature to let phone data sleep like wifi when screen is inactive.
    Might be able to do this with MS....via the time of day. Have data turn off while at work and turn on for the drive home and then turn off again when you get home. That is if MS has access to this feature.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Hey gang, after epr'ing and installing, the only patch I can't get re-installed is; Inverted Keyboard Brightness, and as everyone who has used it knows, it's a "must have" - and boy do I really need it! ;-)

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this reinstalled?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Might be able to do this with MS....via the time of day. Have data turn off while at work and turn on for the drive home and then turn off again when you get home. That is if MS has access to this feature.
    This is right in Mode Switcher's wheel house. MS would be able to do this without a problem.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post
    sconix: AWESOME PATCH! I wanted to know if you were working on integrating the following settings that are not compatible:

1. SMS Signature for outgoing messages
    2. Disable vibrate on notifications?

I think there were a couple more, but those are the 2 I am missing most.
    RTFW!
    You can find your answer listed under the Status section.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I agree - love this patch! What I want to do, though, is set a global SMS alert tone that is different from the stock alert, since I use that for email, not set a tone per contact. This was an option in the stock SMS app, but that option now appears to be missing. I know I can set a separate email alert tone; where do I do it for messaging?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Hey gang, after epr'ing and installing, the only patch I can't get re-installed is; Inverted Keyboard Brightness, and as everyone who has used it knows, it's a "must have" - and boy do I really need it! ;-)

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this reinstalled?
    The Inverted Keyboard Brightness patch does not conflict with ACSP, so you must have some other kind of conflict or non-default file.

As usual, I would suggest EPR to fix it.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Never mind. I figured it out.
    I agree - love this patch! What I want to do, though, is set a global SMS alert tone that is different from the stock alert, since I use that for email, not set a tone per contact. This was an option in the stock SMS app, but that option now appears to be missing. I know I can set a separate email alert tone; where do I do it for messaging?
    Never mind. I figured it out.
    Just for everyone's reference, it would be in the messaging app menu preferences. Glad you figured it out.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  12.    #552  
    Sorry no release today due to the reason that I had more time for coding so I wanted to add all the missing stuff, but did not quite finished what I started. So will do the release tomorrow and if you see the next release info in the wiki you can see that there is couple items more on the list now, so hopefully that compensates for this little delay

So after the next release I count the patch being feature "ready" for now. So only bug fix releases for a while. Then at some point I will add more per contact settings etc. but before that I need to take down couple more important items from my todo list.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    you are doing an awesome job on this patch , thanks again!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hey sconix ! could you do anything with or use these for your patch or for another patch extravaganza !!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...completed.html
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    tried using MS for this but the 15 second delay on activation was not cool. When I turn on the screen I need phone data immediately. I can manually turn on phone data quicker. The delay isnt a problem when going to screen off mode but is for screen on. Is there a way to disable the delay?
    tried using MS for this but the 15 second delay on activation was not cool. When I turn on the screen I need phone data immediately. I can manually turn on phone data quicker. The delay isnt a problem when going to screen off mode but is for screen on. Is there a way to disable the delay?
    Trigger delays are only for mode closing, not mode starting. The manual should explain this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey sconix ! could you do anything with or use these for your patch or for another patch extravaganza !!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...completed.html
    sconix, it really would be great if you could incorporate the above "increase volume" patch. Plus, have you decided to incorporate the inverted and fixed keyboard brightness patches since they are no longer listed under "future releases" in the wiki?
    the repeating notification is supposed to stop when I go to that app. I'm using it with txts and messaging. Also I think the repeating should turn off when the screen is turned on, and not happen whenever the screen is on.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I thought i posted this last night but i dont see it. I am having an issue with the repeat SMS txt notification. It continues to repeat even after i have viewed the msg. And not just from the dashboard. I am actually opening the TXT and reading it and then it will repeat later at the set time. Is this how it is designed to work or am i having an issue. If its an issue is anyone else experiencing it, and what should i do to fix it? thanks. love all your work on all your patches, and congratz on internalz
  20.    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    sconix, it really would be great if you could incorporate the above "increase volume" patch. Plus, have you decided to incorporate the inverted and fixed keyboard brightness patches since they are no longer listed under "future releases" in the wiki?
    Well the increase volume patch won't need configuration (and can't even have that) so its not for this patch at least.

And I still think that the inverted keyboard brightness works for all situations and since it also does not need a configuration on my opinion and hence not something for this patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.