Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1313
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by SetMonkey13 View Post
    Is there any way to save the SMS ringtone per contact info? I'm about to get a new pre and don't want to have to reassign all the tones.
    The latest rev of Save/Restore now has a script for ACSP. Not sure if it does save the SMS tones per contact though. I believe Tobias submitted the script so he would be able to answer this. I am also interested.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  2. #522  
    I don't believe the S/R ACSP script currently stores per-contact tone information, but I will look into either adding it to an update or creating a new script altogether if necessary. It would be a good idea.
  3.    #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I have a purely cosmetic interface suggestion, and Palm is the one who screwed it up, but it drives me up a wall.

    In a bunch of the settings screens (examples from the e-mail settings attached), the title and values of the dropdown menus are on the wrong sides of the screen. In the first example, "Show Email" should be on the LEFT, and "All" should be on the RIGHT with the arrow to drop it down. It's totally backward although functionally it works fine.

    Yes I know, but as you said it, Palm screwed it up. I just use what ever is in the original code to have uniform look. And don't want to add cosmetic changed so much that I would fix all. I hope that they would do some sort of UI cleanup to make all uniform and follow the same logic.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Awsome patch! Coming from Chatteremail to Pre, one thing I miss is ability to set 2 vibrates for one email account, 3 for another account. Any plans to allow this ability?
    I am hoping that at some point palm's API would allow easier usage of the vibrate, but I might add something like this at some point even that does not happen.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #525  
    so what your latest and greatest patch in the making, sconix ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so what your latest and greatest patch in the making, sconix ?
    I am always playing with something, but nothing new coming before WebOS 2.0. I have a pretty much stuff to be updated for 2.0 on my TODO list. The Mode Switcher being the biggest since there are some internal changes coming. Hopefully all the old stuff is fully "ready" and updated when 2.0 is out so then I can start to do lots of new stuff.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #527  
    any idea when 2.0 will be about ready or is it just a wait and see thing
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    any idea when 2.0 will be about ready or is it just a wait and see thing
    Don't ask me, I have no clue. Hopefully not too soon so that I have time to prepare all the stuff I have release
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #529  
    if you just need glue i have some i can give you !! lol lol ltm ltm just messin .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #530  
    I ended up running the webOS doctor before I could install this patch. But it was so worth it! While my pre was at factory state I was able to install other patches I'd been wanting. Advanced Configuration for Systems Preferences, Configuration for App Launcher and System Menu Transparent Full Width App Menu. Before I ran the webOS doctor I took screenshots of my installed apps list. It is a long process going back and reinstalling them. But I love having those 3 apps running together! I couldn't have done it without all of you guys and the forums. Thank you all!!!
  11.    #531  
    I push new release of the patch most likely on tomorrow night (24h from now). See the wiki for updated list of fixes/new features. For the ghost/repeat notification bug I am not 100% sure that if its fixed in this release, but at least I can not replicate it anymore. If you do experience it after installing the tomorrows release then please try to follow how it happens. More importantly what was the situation when last message from account with repeat settings was received (i.e. was the msg app open, screen locked, you opened msg app after message received, opened via dashboard etc.) so that if the bug still exists I can again replicate it and get it fixed. But hopefully it is already fully fixed in this release.

    Other known bugs should be fixed with this release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. #532  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgwingler@yahoo.com View Post
    I ended up running the webOS doctor before I could install this patch. But it was so worth it! While my pre was at factory state I was able to install other patches I'd been wanting. Advanced Configuration for Systems Preferences, Configuration for App Launcher and System Menu Transparent Full Width App Menu. Before I ran the webOS doctor I took screenshots of my installed apps list. It is a long process going back and reinstalling them. But I love having those 3 apps running together! I couldn't have done it without all of you guys and the forums. Thank you all!!!
    I got this tip from rwhitby
    List of patches and programs on pre
    Paper list
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed

    Stored on usb
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed > /media/internal/luddite.txt
    quick and painless you can run them from webosqi command line or terminal.
  13. #533  
    is there a way to enable call duration in call logs with this patch or future release
  14. #534  
    So now with auto text in phone preferences, whenever I hit create a new text message (even when I am not ignoring the phone call) the auto text is already there. I wanted the auto text only on ignoring calls, not every single new text message. Is there a setting I am missing?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  15. #535  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So now with auto text in phone preferences, whenever I hit create a new text message (even when I am not ignoring the phone call) the auto text is already there. I wanted the auto text only on ignoring calls, not every single new text message. Is there a setting I am missing?
    You have 'drafts' enabled, meaning if you close a message with text in it, it will still be there the next time you start a message. Disable drafts in the new messaging prefs and it will stop.
  16. #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    is there a way to enable call duration in call logs with this patch or future release
    I believe sconix is simply going to enable them by default with the next version.
  17. #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    You have 'drafts' enabled, meaning if you close a message with text in it, it will still be there the next time you start a message. Disable drafts in the new messaging prefs and it will stop.
    First of all thanks for answering all our questions. We really appreciate it. I turned both copy to clipboard and copy to message OFF for drafts in messaging preferences and restarted the phone after that. However I am still getting the auto text message, whenever I attempt to create a new text message by hitting the plus button in the bottom left.

    Update: So disabled autotext on reject call, deleted the text and removed the ACSP patch and did a full restart. Still the automatic text is coming up, dont know what do to now. The text is there whenever I hit the plus button to make a text message, its there like the cold wind in Chicago in winters.

    Update 2: Finally gone, have to manually remove the text message from the first text message and then it never came back.
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 10/10/2010 at 11:46 PM.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  18. #538  
    I removed and reinstalled the patch, all my settings were still there, thanks a lot, that saved me a lot of trouble.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  19.    #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    First of all thanks for answering all our questions. We really appreciate it. I turned both copy to clipboard and copy to message OFF for drafts in messaging preferences and restarted the phone after that. However I am still getting the auto text message, whenever I attempt to create a new text message by hitting the plus button in the bottom left.

    Update: So disabled autotext on reject call, deleted the text and removed the ACSP patch and did a full restart. Still the automatic text is coming up, dont know what do to now. The text is there whenever I hit the plus button to make a text message, its there like the cold wind in Chicago in winters.

    Update 2: Finally gone, have to manually remove the text message from the first text message and then it never came back.
    I noticed that there is draft used in composing too not only on reply. So in next version the disabling drafts will also effect when composing new message. So you experienced the build in feature of messaging app. The only way to get rid of the draft when not sending the message is to delete it manually.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. #540  
    aw man I feel like such a noob I'm sorry haha. I did really enjoy all of the additional features, that was the only problem for me. Looking forward to the en-CA release!

Posting Permissions