Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    I am having an issuse with this patch! I didn't see it in a previous page but then again there are 25 pages and I just skimmed them.

Problem... my 'ringtones' for different messaging accounts are not playing sounds just the vibrate. the txt 'ringtone' still works like it should but the other ones don't. I do have facebook chat spoof installed so that my gmail and FB spoof accounts seem to work together when I change the 'ringtone' for one the other changes! is this a known issue or am I the only one having this one?

Thanks in advance!
    The issues with messaging notifications has been mentioned and next release should fix this. I will try to release the next version on Monday.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I've scanned the thread and don't see any mention of the problem I'm having. Is any one else having problems getting the Roam Only option to work in the Phone Settings? I've been using the Roam Only Toggle app to toggle over to Roam Only for months and it's worked great. After loading this patch, I can't get it to stay in roam. I've tried using the Roam Only Toggle app, I've tried using the Phone Preferences and changing it to Roam Only. It'll switch to roam, I'll check it a few minutes later and it's back on Sprint. The town we live in has really low signal when we're on the far West side. The football field happens to be on that side of town. Usually when I go to the Friday night games I just switch my phone over to roam. This was the first Friday since loading the ASCP and it's the first Friday I've ever had trouble staying on roam. Any suggestions?
    At least if I remember correctly this one I took directly from the already existing patch so it should work. But it is possible that theres a typo etc. So if someone else reports this too I will definitely look into this for next release already. Its just that this I cannot test so its hard to verify this myself that is it working or not.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The issues with messaging notifications has been mentioned and next release should fix this. I will try to release the next version on Monday.
    THANKS sorry for missing it... Btw AWESOME patch, keep up the great work!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I am getting phantom SMS reminders after I have already read the incoming message
    I've been keeping up pretty well with this thread and I've experienced a minor issue a couple time that I haven't seen previously discussed:

On two different nights my text message notification sound played and the display turned on but there was no text notification and no new texts in the messenging app. Each night it did this three times all within about a 30 minute time span.

This certainly never occurred before I installed this patch, but it didn't happen immediately after installing either. Haven't really done anything else noteworthy to the phone since installing this patch.

ARE THERE TEXTS I'M NOT RECEIVING?! I'M FREAKIN' OUT, MAN! :P

P.S. Anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 10/09/2010 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Post Scriptum
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least if I remember correctly this one I took directly from the already existing patch so it should work. But it is possible that theres a typo etc. So if someone else reports this too I will definitely look into this for next release already. Its just that this I cannot test so its hard to verify this myself that is it working or not.
    I don't remember the patch ever working right for me either. That's why I was just using the Roam Toggle Patch. Another thing I just thought of was that I've gotten a replacement Pre since the last home football game. I wonder if this one just doesn't roam like my last one did.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I have one question which was not mentioned in the documentation.

If I am using the Messaging Plugins, are the steps still the same, or as someone posted a few pages back, will I still have to do a doctor on the phone?

Rob
    Installing the Messaging Plugins is done so at your own risk. Sconix takes no responsibility for issues that arise from attempting it. We have no specific documentation explaining how to do so.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this has already been requested, but since installing this patch (which is, as usual, awesome) the shortest notification vibrate option is .5 seconds. I liked having the ultra-short (maybe .1 second) notifications for e-mails, so that I know I got one but I can tell it apart from texts or IMs. Any chance you can add some shorter options in there?
    I double checked to make sure that Mode Switcher wasn't trying to set my phone network settings. No matter how many times I set it to Roam Only it sets itself back to Automatic. Any suggestions?
    I double checked to make sure that Mode Switcher wasn't trying to set my phone network settings. No matter how many times I set it to Roam Only it sets itself back to Automatic. Any suggestions?
    This has happened to me before but a simple Device Reset fixed it. Sometimes it seems like radio functions can get 'stuck' in WebOS. Hope this helps.
    I want to confirm this patch is working and enables the roam only the menu changes to roaming forced.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just tried it again and could never get it to hold Roam Only. I rebooted the phone (why I didn't think of trying that earlier I don't know) and it seems to be working fine now. Sorry I didn't think of doing that before. Thanks Mamouton for the screen shots. It was nice to be able to see what it's supposed to look like.
    As a general rule, any time a radio toggle (phone, wifi, GPS, bluetooth) seems to not be working, reset your phone. Not a luna restart, but a full reset.

I can almost guarantee it will fix the problem.
    Is there any way to save the SMS ringtone per contact info? I'm about to get a new pre and don't want to have to reassign all the tones.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I am getting phantom SMS reminders after I have already read the incoming message
    bump
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    bump
    Your question has been covered several times in this thread. Its a messaging repeat notification bug and as wiki shows its fixed in next release.
    Hey, I'm having a problem with this patch in one place; in the phone services menu (where you can turn data on/off) it seems that all the options to turn features on/off or edit features is gone. That being said, I can't toggle my data on/off to my liking. I EPR'd before installation and everything, no themes, nada.

Can anyone help me?
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by lockgroove View Post
    Hey, I'm having a problem with this patch in one place; in the phone services menu (where you can turn data on/off) it seems that all the options to turn features on/off or edit features is gone. That being said, I can't toggle my data on/off to my liking. I EPR'd before installation and everything, no themes, nada.

Can anyone help me?
    As the first post and wiki says the patch only works with en_us locale. The international version is coming as soon as the couple bugs has been ironed out. Sorry for this inconvenience, but this saves my time and helps to get bug fixes out faster. Anyway I am working on getting the international versions of all my patches out as soon as possible.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Awsome patch! Coming from Chatteremail to Pre, one thing I miss is ability to set 2 vibrates for one email account, 3 for another account. Any plans to allow this ability?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I have a purely cosmetic interface suggestion, and Palm is the one who screwed it up, but it drives me up a wall.

In a bunch of the settings screens (examples from the e-mail settings attached), the title and values of the dropdown menus are on the wrong sides of the screen. In the first example, "Show Email" should be on the LEFT, and "All" should be on the RIGHT with the arrow to drop it down. It's totally backward although functionally it works fine.

Attached Images Attached Images